• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Hi, a dear friend has a gen and one evening at dinner at my house I had them in my hand and checked them next to each other. The thickness and weight are IMHO absolutely not distinguishable, the color really practically identical, perhaps a little clearer that rep, but not easy to see differences. The the ‘GENEVE’ block are slightly different, but it is not possible for me to distinguish these details except knowing what is not right. The crown for me is really beautiful, as well as the finish of the bracelet and the proportions. The moonphase disk is the usual that PPF has used on all 5726 and 5711 but also other reps with moon phases. The movement really excellent as decoration and engravings. Some character details seem less defined but it takes a lens to be able to distinguish. Everything can be improved in reps, but at the moment I think this is really remarkable. If then PPF will change the moonphase discs on its PP reps and also the color for 5712 and 5726 bu, it will be great.
thanks for sharing! Is this for the white dial or blue/grey?

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
They can't use the same tools to make other similar models like 5711, 5712 etc?
Of course they use the same tools (for the most part. (Dials, dws, moonphase disks etc are obvious exceptions), thats why Im saying I dont see them turning this off Any time soon.
And Im quite sure if they make a better version, the demand (which is not that low I think) will skyrocket as this in Gen is a unicorn.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Of course they use the same tools (for the most part. (Dials, dws, moonphase disks etc are obvious exceptions), thats why Im saying I dont see them turning this off Any time soon.
And Im quite sure if they make a better version, the demand (which is not that low I think) will skyrocket as this in Gen is a unicorn.

So a V2 of this white one would be correct "Geneve" bar length, Clone movement and that's it... it's finished...

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
So a V2 of this white one would be correct "Geneve" bar length, Clone movement and that's it... it's finished...
On this one theres a lot more room for improvement than on the 5712.

Clone movement
Better DWs
Better print on dials (the marker dots are too small for example, even on the white 5711)
Better fittment and tolerances
Slimmer bezel (PF is the ~correct size)
Better moon disk
Rounded hour markers

Then it would be about as close as they can get it. But I would say this will take more than 1 or 2 versions.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

Clone movement
Better DWs
Better print on dials (the marker dots are too small for example, even on the white 5711)
Better moon disk
Rounded hour markers

Then it would be about as close as they can get it. But I would say this will take more than 1 or 2 versions.
Haha, I'd say never. it's not Daytona which even isn't yet perfect as reps.

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh

Clone movement
Better DWs
Better moon disk
Rounded hour markers

That doesn't look like a lot of work compared to what Legend suggested on the 5712 v2

I was originally more interested in the blue one but I read the blue has too much flaw

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
That doesn't look like a lot of work compared to what Legend suggested on the 5712 v2

I was originally more interested in the blue one but I read the blue has too much flaw
Well, of course Im assuming pretty much flawless execution, which wont ever happen, so there will be much to tweak and mod even with v5, if it ever comes to that.

Progress is what we’re after.
Baby steps. :)

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Well, of course Im assuming pretty much flawless execution, which wont ever happen, so there will be much to tweak and mod even with v5, if it ever comes to that.

Progress is what we’re after.
Baby steps. :)

based on everything you said I think for me , fixing that white geneve bar and having a clone movement would be perfect and enough.

Btw, the Blue dial version has a ton of issues right? Dangit, I read somethings on it and I forgot what

Reactions: Procurator

Procurator

Strawcruncher
Gold Patron
Certified
15/1/20
SEA
based on everything you said I think for me , fixing that white geneve bar and having a clone movement would be perfect and enough.

Btw, the Blue dial version has a ton of issues right? Dangit, I read somethings on it and I forgot what
Yeah, the blue is way off, lot of mods would have to be done to get it to an acceptable state, namely a complete dial refinish, which is not worth it imho.
Yep but if I were into 5726 then I'd have my current stock rep modded as far as modders are able to do it.
Gotcha. Im too OCD for that unfortunatelly 😂

Cheesegrater

I'm Pretty Popular
7/11/22
uhhuh
Yeah, the blue is way off, lot of mods would have to be done to get it to an acceptable state, namely a complete dial refinish, which is not worth it imho.

Gotcha. Im too OCD for that unfortunatelly 😂
Is Legend the best in modding or do you have another guy you trust?

thats_not_funny_guys

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/3/22
Lol, funny story, I was wearing a white 5726 when my wife and I went to a Rolex AD. She took noticed of the rhodium YM and really liked it. So I suggested we pick up a matching pair, one in 37mm and one in 40mm. The sales rep immediately invited us to the private viewing room and showed us the exhibition models. She tried on hers and I tried the 40mm. The sales rep immediately looked at the 5726 in front of him and start talking about the piece, pricing, rarity, waiting lists, purchase history, etc, etc.

When the 5726 was on the table, I was wearing the YM and looking at how it feels on my wrist, but later in the car, my wife told me that "he was looking at your watch and I think he really likes it"

Lol, so sales rep tells me he'll call me immediately when the YM comes in.

Best way to get your wife to accept all the madness is to get her a gen watch of her own, lol
Same thing happened to me at the Bvlgari store looking at Octofinissimos. AD staff commented on the 5726, and immediately opened the back room to show me the limited edition model they have only in Tokyo. She offered to let me pre-order right then. idn’t ask if they had a wait list, but I don’t think she was bringing it out for everyone.

Reaps

I'm Pretty Popular
25/9/22
Maybe not the most accurate replica, but a beautiful watch. On my wish list. Thanks to all in the thread for providing photos and experiences.

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Maybe not the most accurate replica, but a beautiful watch. On my wish list. Thanks to all in the thread for providing photos and experiences.
Uhm, the white dial is pretty darn good. By far the greatest tell will be the wearer.