• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Dial looks pretty much the same as my v1 (pics below) maybe it is darker. Or exactly the same…. Who knows.

However I don’t see the point of “upgrading the colour without upgrading the pattern flaw around the “GENEVE” inscription”, seems pointless to me.

3ee5f6ef3d277bfa81880104df8323bb.jpg

61531ce73af261cb649c8e30f46c6d4c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
looks like tomorrow is Christmas for me :)

zWG9HK.jpg

For somebody who is reasonably impatient, it feels like the AD called to say 126720 VTNR is available for pickup. But something I learnt just today is that this is available in the rep market. Another Christmas soon enough

Reactions: P..DR..D

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
Received - and it is a beauty!
Any who is more informed, do please comment.

Observations

- First off, better than gen. I am led to believe that gen doesnt have a hacking second hand
- Damn miyota movement. That flywheel, which makes noise like a chopper is over your head, but not as bad as some previous purchases.
- Manual wind is smooth.
- Hour changes at close to 12, date changes close to 3, moon phase changes inbtween
- On timegrapher it is like +15 to +25s/d over all positions, consistent. Should be able to regulate it well enough

Questions

- Should the toggle buttons to rapid change day/date/moonphase be pushed whenever, or at any particular crown position? Like running, seconds hack?
- Is there an intermediate position for the crown?
- I have read that best time to push such toggle buttons is 6am. Is that it, or something like 2pm better?

Reactions: KruisingKhaos95

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia

Observations

- First off, better than gen. I am led to believe that gen doesnt have a hacking second hand
- Damn miyota movement. That flywheel, which makes noise like a chopper is over your head, but not as bad as some previous purchases.
- Manual wind is smooth.
- Hour changes at close to 12, date changes close to 3, moon phase changes inbtween
- On timegrapher it is like +15 to +25s/d over all positions, consistent. Should be able to regulate it well enough

Questions

- Should the toggle buttons to rapid change day/date/moonphase be pushed whenever, or at any particular crown position? Like running, seconds hack?
- I have read that best time to push such toggle buttons is 6am. Is that it, or something like 2pm better?

Patek recommends it set at 6am.

Post some pictures buddy! :)

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17

I knew there was a post which showed which lever to turn to regulate.

Now, if a clumsy oaf (no not me, another fella, hmmm there 👉) were were try to open the caseback to access this lever to regulate, how might one instruct such person such that he can do so without scratching up this fine piece of machinery?

monkeypie

You're Saying I Can Sell?
9/12/08

Observations

- Manual wind is smooth.

Questions

It is an amazing watch indeed. The only real glaring flaw is that the 24 hour ring is shiny, when it should be matte on the gen.

Still wore it daily for ages though.

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
Received my white dial at the weekend. Took me a little while to regulate it - I managed to get the beat error to 0.1 but the movement changes from a maximum of +10 sec gain to a minimum of -10 sec depending on the angle it's running at, which I suppose is to be expected.

Overall I love the watch, I think it's a great rep and despite not being the clone movement they claim, it does have all the right functions, so I'm very happy.

IMG-4683.jpg

IMG-4685.jpg

e1phantom

Watch Bro
Supporter
Certified
27/5/22
does this movement have a “danger zone” during which the date and moonphase should not be adjusted?

DucatiWiz

14/11/20
One thing I've noticed with this rep (at least with mine) is that that the automatic wind rotor doesn't keep the watch anywhere close to fully wound and it slows considerably when it's not at least 20% wound. On Saturday, I was wearing it all day and did a fair amount of walking round an air show. I left it on my side table overnight and by the morning it was 20 mins slow! Which means it stopped (or almost stopped). If I manually wind it each night, it keeps great time, <5 secs in 24 hours, but the automatic function seems to be unreliable. The rotor seems to like spinning freely in the direction that doesn't wind the watch but not the way it needs to go in order to wind it. I know it can be manually wound and that it's a rep without a heavy gold rotor, but even so, it's a still $600 watch which should work as an automatic. Perhaps a service would help...

aharv4

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
22/6/22
Wow these are gorgeous. Has anyone posted reviews yet?

greencrocodile

23/10/21

The color of the dial has not the blue/black shade of the Gen. Seems like a mix of the two versions: the grey and the blue.
Do not wear it very much but really a good feel on the wrist.

Reactions: kokikoki

Fettekatze

Renowned Member
Certified
16/11/13
US
My blue dial is also a grayish purple under certain lighting, more often than it seems blue. It almost looks the same as the PPF grey dial.

Are there different batches of these? This one looks very blue:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I had the opportunity to compare mine with a second hand one exposed in Burlington Arcade in London and they look very much the same under the same light.

Didn’t take any pictures but will most probably pass by again earlier next week and take few shots if it is still there

08_strides_tattles

25/7/22
One thing I've noticed with this rep (at least with mine) is that that the automatic wind rotor doesn't keep the watch anywhere close to fully wound and it slows considerably when it's not at least 20% wound. On Saturday, I was wearing it all day and did a fair amount of walking round an air show. I left it on my side table overnight and by the morning it was 20 mins slow! Which means it stopped (or almost stopped). If I manually wind it each night, it keeps great time, <5 secs in 24 hours, but the automatic function seems to be unreliable. The rotor seems to like spinning freely in the direction that doesn't wind the watch but not the way it needs to go in order to wind it. I know it can be manually wound and that it's a rep without a heavy gold rotor, but even so, it's a still $600 watch which should work as an automatic. Perhaps a service would help...

I have a VC fiftysix complete calendar with a decorated Miyota and I experience the same thing, even after a service. I think I’m just going to treat these watches like a manual…