• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

MrFitzwilliam

Horology Curious
20/12/20
I have the PPF 5726 before this suposedly new clone movement. The pictures on the link above are exactly of the movement of the watch I have in hand.
I believe when I see it regarding this "new" clone movement.

Reactions: Swiss_goupil

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
They're announcing that the settings work like gen with the pushers unlike on the v1, that should be a tell. May not be a clone per se but if at least it works like a gen that's already an improvement

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
We are in a new era of Patek Philippe reps, where we can have clone movement reps. They function like gen, and now we are in the infancy of clones of the more complicated ones (fx 5712).
Therefore i won't be buying watches with decorated movements, even if the 5726 is high on my list. I'll only buy this if it really gets a clone movement.
There are now good alternatives (OOTB or with slight mods) in the 5227, 5711, 5167 with clone movement.

Also the clone movement reps are closer to gen in thickness, than decorated ones, which is a big plus.

Reactions: BIONONE

MrFitzwilliam

Horology Curious
20/12/20
Just to make clear, the PPF 5726 "v1" (I'm not convinced yet a v2 clone exists) works like gen to set day, date, moonphase time.
It also changes month and day automatically like gen. BUT, it's not an anual calendar watch, so it works fine if the month has 31 days, otherwise you have to correct manually at the end of the month.
This is the only functional difference between gen, a full anual calendar (only corrects in february), and PPF "v1".

Even if v2 exists, and it's a clone movement, I highly doubt it will be an anual calendar, as this functionality is provided by the top module, NOT by the base movement that suposedly is cloned on "v2".
That means if a clone version is released, it will have the same functionality of v1, requiring intervention every month that doesn't have 31 days.

In the very unlikely scenario that they release a real anual calendar, that would be an acomplishment unheard of in replica watches, and I would replace my "v1". Not holding my breath, but maybe they eventually update the dial, although it doesn't bother me much.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Imho TDs should be notified declaring modified snd decorated Miyota movements as super clone isn't correct.

Reactions: kokikoki

Teamjlf

I'm Pretty Popular
9/9/19
Replica oblivion…
Again, my V1 has all settings on the pusher and not the crown. Nothing new here.

Yes mine has that functionality as well. 4 pushers - 2 on each side of the case. If it’s a deco Myota, they did a good job of adding this functionality.

how can you tell V1 from V2 ? Is it the pusher placement ? Off centred in V1 and centred on V2 ? Mine has them centred.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

I'm Pretty Popular
29/1/11
This seems like nothing but a re-release of the v1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jm_brc_7057

I'm Pretty Popular
9/4/19
Scandinavia
Just to make clear, the PPF 5726 "v1" (I'm not convinced yet a v2 clone exists) works like gen to set day, date, moonphase time.
It also changes month and day automatically like gen. BUT, it's not an anual calendar watch, so it works fine if the month has 31 days, otherwise you have to correct manually at the end of the month.
This is the only functional difference between gen, a full anual calendar (only corrects in february), and PPF "v1".

Even if v2 exists, and it's a clone movement, I highly doubt it will be an anual calendar, as this functionality is provided by the top module, NOT by the base movement that suposedly is cloned on "v2".
That means if a clone version is released, it will have the same functionality of v1, requiring intervention every month that doesn't have 31 days.

In the very unlikely scenario that they release a real anual calendar, that would be an acomplishment unheard of in replica watches, and I would replace my "v1". Not holding my breath, but maybe they eventually update the dial, although it doesn't bother me much.

They already have a clone movement of the base, cal 324. What they need is, to clone the annual calendar module. It’s not entirely unlikely. If they can make the 5712, then it’s imaginable.

But at the moment no indications that a clone movement is coming.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
They already have a clone movement of the base, cal 324. What they need is, to clone the annual calendar module. It’s not entirely unlikely. If they can make the 5712, then it’s imaginable.

...and while they're at it - it would be enormously generous of them to include the 240 HU :hehehe:

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

ZF/PPF might test the water with their cloned 5712 first. If it sells more compared to v1 then they might continue cloning 324 movements.

r0b9502

Renowned Member
22/1/17
I have ordered this last month, and am disappointed to know that the movement is just a decorated Miyota. Like some other members have opined, TDs should be discouraged from false/misleading advertising.

Below are the descriptions by intime and jtime, for the same watch, listed at $598. I did read both prior to ordering - and believed the text in red to be accurate.

intime
PPF spent 3 years for developing this replicated Cal.324 movement, it is not a decorated movement.
It is he only super clone all in one movement in the market!
1:1 same date wheel font as genuine ever, better than all other versions in the market.
The depth of date window is same as genuine, unlike other factory version using miyota 9015 modified movement with the incorrect depth date window.
The PPF 324 movement has same functionailty as genuine, all the buttons of the case are working as genuine, for adjusting date, day, month unlike miyota 9015 movement versions which have those adjusted by the crown.

jtime
Japanese Miyota 9015 Automatic movement with decorated rotor & bridges/plates like Patek Genuine Calibre with Calendar function Caliber 324S

Anyways, could anybody who has possession of this watch clarify if the seconds hand is hackable?

Anadrol5

14/10/18
For those that are interested here is a little review of this watch (PPF 5726 v2). I previously bought the v1 of this watch in white and decided to buy the v2 in blue as it was adverised as having a clone movement and also the blue dial was said to have been updated to to be very close to gen.

First of all, as others have mentioned the movement is definitely not a clone as it still has the helicopter whirring sound of the v1. In fact, my v1 actually makes less noise than the v2. However, I am not someone who is particularly concerned about movements in a rep as long as the thickness approximates that of the gen.

Indoors, next to natural light, the dial of the watch will appear almost black and you will hardly be able to tell that the dial is blue. So much so that at QC stage I thought the TD made a mistake and got the grey dial. For this reason I asked the person to confirm in person that it was indeed a blue dial.

z5aKk2.jpg

This is how it looks under shaded natural light.
z5ahJE.jpg

And under spot-light indoors.
z5aAan.jpg

I believe that the only changes that were made in v2 are a shortened crown and an updated blue dial to more closely match Patek's recent more subduded blue dial changes across the board.

Here is this watch compared to a 2022 gen.
z5aeFs.jpg

Even accounting for different lighting conditions, camera-work etc, I feel that PPF might have got the colour a little too dark compared to the gen.

Despite these flaws I am still very impressed by the overall quality of this rep. I have been playing the rep game for a long time now and have bought a great many reps over the years. PPF 5726 remains one of the best, if not the best, rep you can buy out of the box. The case shape I believe is spot-on and the bracelet quality is also very good. In the wild where people have a maximum of 5-10 seconds to stare at your watch I believe that no-one, even those in the know, will be able to tell that it is a rep. Unless you regularly take off your watch and show it to other people you can confidently wear this watch out and have others believe that it is a gen.

However, I do believe that the white dial version remains the best purchase. This is because of the ratio/proportion in the hour markers between the lume portion and the periphery. In the blue dial and grey dial versions where the lume portion of the hour markers are surrounded by steel periphery, aside from the edges being a little sharper than the gen, something about the ratio/dimensions seems off to me. Maybe the steel periphery is a hair too thick? In the white dial version however, whether by accident or design, I believe that the proportions are an exact match with gen. Here is what I mean. My PPF v1 on left and gen on right.
z5ak8b.jpg

Last edited: