• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Really this white 5726… might scratch that itch in 2022 or maybe the AP ceramic calendar

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Have you checked with your TD on availability of the 5726 lately? Mine (toro) keeps telling me they don't make them anymore.

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
guys, this is the worst forum, i have read this front to back 2-3 times, and even though i am wearing a 5711 on my left, and a 5726 white on my right wrist, i still want to buy the blue...I will check with puretime and take one for the team to see if we can still get it =)

i have a unique ability to buy watches faster than they arrive.

I will also be posting a new position for hire: I will have too many watches and will need an advisor on which watch to wear each hour. Will be required to carry around a watch suitcase and follow me around.

Last edited:

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
I feel dirty inside, just pulled the trigger. However I do think this 5726 is one of the best reps. a blue and white dial i feel are different animals. Blue dials generally sell for $30-50k more. There is visual interest not only on the complications, but on the facets and color spectrum of the dials. Also took my white one into the tub with no issues so far with water submersion.

Can't imagine going on vacation....cant leave my 5711 behind, nor my 5712, nor my 5726. Along with color combinations.....we need a forum to duke out, only one watch to keep....which one to wear the crown???

Reactions: MickyMountain

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
I feel dirty inside, just pulled the trigger. However I do think this 5726 is one of the best reps. a blue and white dial i feel are different animals. Blue dials generally sell for $30-50k more. There is visual interest not only on the complications, but on the facets and color spectrum of the dials. Also took my white one into the tub with no issues so far with water submersion.

Can't imagine going on vacation....cant leave my 5711 behind, nor my 5712, nor my 5726. Along with color combinations.....we need a forum to duke out, only one watch to keep....which one to wear the crown???

Go you! You should get both blue and white dials -- no one would do this in gen but that's the beauty of the rep game. I'm curious about your opinion of the 5726 vs the 5712. Qualitatively, which do you prefer and why? To me the 5726 has a simpler, cleaner face but then there's the interest of the 5712's dial...

kevBquick

9/10/18
i think the beauty of the 5726 is its symmetry. i think the 5712 has movement in its dial. there is this power reserve off to the side....leads the eye around. both are equally nice in their respective pieces.

notawatchguy

Known Member
24/6/19
usa
i think the beauty of the 5726 is its symmetry. i think the 5712 has movement in its dial. there is this power reserve off to the side....leads the eye around. both are equally nice in their respective pieces.

Great assessment. as of now, my 5712s are inbound, hopefully monday.
I think for anyone wearing nautilus, it starts with the thinness. 5711 as starting point. I think that is a complication (the physical sex appeal) as we add features, it increases in size.

yes the 5726 has this perfect symmetry and even down to the size pushers. In my eyes even for the rep, this is a full on annual calendar. I think all we need is the last day of the month before 6 pm to just move the date up to the 31 and let the month roll automatically.

On the 5712, we loose the PR, sort of, but a fun day battery meter aka 24 hour time which can still be fun, but more of a mindset. This has a playful asymmetry. For me, I am a data scientist the date is very important. As I have referenced the moon phase as a a nice slow changing wallpaper, having the date pointer slowly move from 1 to 31 is also like a scale or progress bar, giving good visual interest.

similar to the 15202 with no seconds hand, and being reliable movement has an interesting appeal, and in this case moving the seconds as a complication.

When we think of redial dials with symmetry and asymmetry one is just being rebellious (5712) while the other has such balance and hidden talent. Seemingly simple as first but realizing there is much more going on with the watch (5726).

Reactions: Therion666

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Thank you both for your comments. I agree with your assessments on symmetry and thinness. The 5726 is a little larger and thicker (40.5mm and 11.5mm measured) compared to the thinner 5712 (41mm and 9.5mm from TD description) but the symmetry of the 5726 is a thing of beauty. I think I'll end up with both and decide which to keep long term by wearing them. I have two 3KF aquanauts (5167 and 5168) and find that the 5168 gets all the wrist time and the 5167 sits in the box. At 8.2mm the 5168 is the same thickness as the gen, which is gorgeous.

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
I have both of them, at beginning i found them both beauty af, but then the 5726 grey kept appearing on my wrist. Then i decided to part the 5712 because it's more of a too dressy watch. I also dont like too slim watches, they kept disappering on my wrist all the time. Lol

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
I have both of them, at beginning i found them both beauty af, but then the 5726 grey kept appearing on my wrist. Then i decided to part the 5712 because it's more of a too dressy watch. I also dont like too slim watches, they kept disappering on my wrist all the time. Lol

Interesting you prefer the grey 5726. Just saw you sold your lovely 5712. I sold mine too. I sort of regret it but it never saw my wrist because it somehow looked “too precious “ to wear

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
For me is the 5726 much mire precious on hand xD

5712 is just to slim and complex

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
I'm going to have to try with a different TD if I want this watch I suppose because Toro just told me two days ago that PPF told them they aren't making the watch anymore. At least not the white or blue dial versions.