• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

mc12

Horology Curious
15/11/10
Be careful with Puretime... they offered me a green factory one and deliberately QC'd it to hide the green factory tells.

Could someone please let me know what the tells are for a green factory vs PPF? I'd like to order one but don't want to swindled by some untrustworthy TDs

Thanks in advance

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Could someone please let me know what the tells are for a green factory vs PPF? I'd like to order one but don't want to swindled by some untrustworthy TDs

Thanks in advance

You are allowed to post your QC and ask specific questions. I do believe asking if the watch is PPF or GF would qualify under that rule, especially since some TD's have tried (even succeeding a couple of times) passing off GF versions to people who ordered PPF. Just don't post the pic and ask "how's this look??"

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17

Thanks in advance

It's good that you're trying to get familiar with differences between factories, but the T in TD means Trusted. So there is no such thing as an untrustworthy TD. They can make mistakes, hence my 1st sentence, but if they were ill intentioned they would not be TD here

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Thanks in advance

On-top of what my esteemed colleague mentioned about the Cyclops on the date... but also the pushers positioning on the case. They should be in the middle of the case on the side... not to the top / bottom of the case.

As for Tobel I don't think Puretime made mistakes... I think it was intentional. I know that's based on my biased opinion, but I have my doubts on their explanation and apology. The reality is they are supposed to be experts in their field. The QC pictures I received for my supposedly PPF were deliberately taken, to hide the Cyclops on the date wheel. Taken from angles where it wasn't entirely obvious.

The same with the pushers on the side of the case, they never took a side on angle of it. So it wasn't obvious they weren't central. Now, personally I think that is and was intentional with the sole reason to deceive. I will not use Puretime again as a result of this... to me it seems too suspect and I think they really are pushing their "Trusted" status when they pull shit like that.

The other thing is, this wasn't an isolated incident. If you go to the Puretime thread I made about this, several other people commented this had happened to them. Heck, I was even alerted to it by another user on here posting that Puretime had tried to pass off Green Factory...

Too suspicious to me, and I have lost all trust in them.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
On-top of what my esteemed colleague mentioned about the Cyclops on the date... but also the pushers positioning on the case. They should be in the middle of the case on the side... not to the top / bottom of the case.

As for Tobel I don't think Puretime made mistakes... I think it was intentional. I know that's based on my biased opinion, but I have my doubts on their explanation and apology. The reality is they are supposed to be experts in their field. The QC pictures I received for my supposedly PPF were deliberately taken, to hide the Cyclops on the date wheel. Taken from angles where it wasn't entirely obvious.

The same with the pushers on the side of the case, they never took a side on angle of it. So it wasn't obvious they weren't central. Now, personally I think that is and was intentional with the sole reason to deceive. I will not use Puretime again as a result of this... to me it seems too suspect and I think they really are pushing their "Trusted" status when they pull shit like that.

The other thing is, this wasn't an isolated incident. If you go to the Puretime thread I made about this, several other people commented this had happened to them. Heck, I was even alerted to it by another user on here posting that Puretime had tried to pass off Green Factory...

I was one of the members PureTime sent non PPF QC pictures to as well. While my QC pictures did show the sides of the case, I will admit the AC pictures were not as well done as my previous ones with PureTime.

I give them the benefit of doubt for this instance. Think about the process like this:
1. You make an order online for let's say PPF 5276
2. Then PureTime sends the request to a factory or wholesaler in China
3. PureTime receives the watch and it is sent to a worker to photograph it
4. Then you are sent the QC pictures for review

The person taking the photographs is likely not looking at the minute differences in these watches and sees what they believe the factory or wholesaler sent them is the correct item.

When dealing with a larger company like PureTime there is a much higher volume of sales than for instance with Lucy or even Trusty. So I have to believe that PureTime was not intentionally trying to pass off the Green Factory or GRF as a PPF.

That is my opinion and I could be wrong, but I want to think I have a good relationship with PureTime due my volume of purchases with them and I can speak to them in Chinese.

Reactions: weezkid

Tobel

6/7/17

I'm very sorry for your issues mate, I was not aware of that, and I understand your reaction. I would tend to think more like tangokilo , that the guys who pick the watches and take the QC actually don't know much about watches, but I guess we'll never know. I do hope that they offered a solution though.

In any case repeated such situations should be addressed. My point is that the status of TD means something. We should not have trusted TD and untrusted TD. If a TD starts to misbehave then they should be warned and potentially lose their status if they continue to do so. That's what happened to Trusty a while back, before they got their status back. Just out of curiosity, is that something that you or someone else discussed with the mods? Sounds like it warrants a help desk ticket.

Take care

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
You guys know if the caseback is pressed or screwed? Going to open mine to attempt regulation but don’t want to do something stupid lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
You guys know if the caseback is pressed or screwed? Going to open mine to attempt regulation but don’t want to do something stupid lol

I'd imagine it should be similar to the older versions. Which means it should be a pressed caseback. Check the perimeter of the caseback for that caseback knife notch.

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
I'd imagine it should be similar to the older versions. Which means it should be a pressed caseback. Check the perimeter of the caseback for that caseback knife notch.

Found a case construction diagram and the caseback is indeed pressed.

Trying to find that knife notch now….

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
527b638bed3b75c9b5ffdc61af90ff47.jpg

Swiss_goupil

Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
bf6951f6465be19c3588231894107a67.jpg

From +250s/day to this. Pretty happy but amplitude is low…. What kind of amplitude you have on yours guys?

Reactions: P..DR..D

chiccovn

4/10/19
Can anyone clarify if 5726 ppf moon function works like the Gen or not? any function you need to do manually ?