• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New PPF Nautilus 5726, full functions and the date does not look sunken

aristole

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
23/8/19
Thanks man. Really appreciate the input and your quick response. Just one last thing I’d like to get your opinion on for my info as well as the rest of the members of the community. How’s the sunburst effect on the dial? I’ve been comparing unedited (or what appears to be unedited imo) pics of the Gen to QC pics and the overall dial and sunburst on the rep seem a bit darker. What do you think? Is this the case or is it just pictures altering the appearance from what is seen in real life?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Honestly? if the sunburst effect is your doubt, I would suggest you to pull the trigger. When I received my QC pics I thought the dial was flat, and did not have the nice blue/green shade I was used to Patek watches...even the pictures I took from my watch do not give the exact color of the dial. I am pretty happy with it, depending on how you look at it and on the light exposure it can be more blue or shaded with grey/green.... to my personal opinion this watch looks so much better in flash than on pics...I am waiting for the 5712 as well since ages (think it's been almost 2 or 3 months now?) and if the built quality is the same as this one, it must be terrific....
regards

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I have bought lots of reps in these last few years, many of them are from other brands because I thought there was no real good Patek rep until few months ago. I own several gens as well, and I usually wear both reps and gens.
My opinion in this Patek is as I stated above, the build quality of the case is impressive, very heavy and good assembled, the dial is very nice and I can say that on the wrist it does a pretty damn job. The bracelet however lacks in weight, the same issue you have with some Rolex reps. Overall the finishing is nice, smooth but it's no way imho near the quality of the whole case.
This is just my point of view, I am not obviously comparing a 600$ reps with a gen, it won't make sense.
An heavier bracelet would have been the cherry on top of a perfect rep.
Hope this helps.

The PFv2 5711 bracelet is heavy but not sure if it fits the case of 5726 or 5712 (my guess not).

kevBquick

9/10/18
I’ve been reading through this thread and I’m seeing contradictory statements. Some are saying the build quality is fantastic, some are saying the bracelet is flimsy. Would appreciate input from any members who have received their watches to provide their input on the quality of the bracelet and overall case plz.

this bracelet is not flimsy. this one has weight to it. 5712 is flimsy. construction on this watch is fine.
dial color is always subjective. its not on gens because its gen. you don't question it. otherwise is this a solid watch for what has been done.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
this bracelet is not flimsy. this one has weight to it. 5712 is flimsy. construction on this watch is fine.
dial color is always subjective. its not on gens because its gen. you don't question it. otherwise is this a solid watch for what has been done.

So yours came in? You got pics?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Thanks guys I appreciate all the input. I think you’ve swayed me, I was gonna order a JLC MUTM but now I’m gonna go ahead and order one of these tomorrow haha

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Thanks man. Really appreciate the input and your quick response. Just one last thing I’d like to get your opinion on for my info as well as the rest of the members of the community. How’s the sunburst effect on the dial? I’ve been comparing unedited (or what appears to be unedited imo) pics of the Gen to QC pics

Those are edited gen pics. To make the shadows and contrast pop. The angle is very precise to showcase the dial on the gen pics. Why are you even bothering comparing to gen pics? Just enjoy the rep. Nobody knows what gen looks like at any given angle/light...perhaps leave it at that. What’s to gain by going out your way to confirm that yours is rep and gen is gen (ie different)

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
Would love to see some white dial.

My confirmed QC ;)
846d4cb7791d152af5362a9d4b048e10.jpg

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Can someone who has received the watch please tell me if the lume on this watch turns green/yellow when exposed to sunlight during daytime?

After buying a PF 5711 a few years ago I have been put off buying all Patek reps untill now because the lume very obviously turned green when exposed to the slightest sunlight during daytime. This to me is an instant tell.

Correct me if I am wrong but to my knowledge the lume on all gen modern Pateks remain white when exposed to sunlight during the day and only turn bluish in the dark.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
Those are edited gen pics. To make the shadows and contrast pop. The angle is very precise to showcase the dial on the gen pics. Why are you even bothering comparing to gen pics? Just enjoy the rep. Nobody knows what gen looks like at any given angle/light...perhaps leave it at that. What’s to gain by going out your way to confirm that yours is rep and gen is gen (ie different)

Agreed, not trying to convince anyone my reps are Gen but moreso to satisfy my personal OCD. Reps satisfy an interesting niche in that they allow me to enjoy my dream watches without having to tap into my retirement account haha but at the same time I’m the type of person who would lose sleep over the tiniest of incongruity. It’s a double edged sword really, but I suppose that’s the fun of the game

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Can someone who has received the watch please tell me if the lume on this watch turns green/yellow when exposed to sunlight during daytime?

After buying a PF 5711 a few years ago I have been put off buying all Patek reps untill now because the lume very obviously turned green when exposed to the slightest sunlight during daytime. This to me is an instant tell.

Correct me if I am wrong but to my knowledge the lume on all gen modern Pateks remain white when exposed to sunlight during the day and only turn bluish in the dark.

The fact you've never seen a Patek in real life to know the answer to this should tell you how pointless a question it is. If you don't know, then nobody else knows. And who's to say that isn't normal for the edition you have? There are so many editions. Your question/statement says more about you, you are insecure in wearing such a watch. Only you can solve that problem.

That's not an attack on you, I'm just saying. Breathe easy! It's all fine haha :) Don't be concerned imo. Just wear it like a baller!

Furthermore, genuine Patek's in my real world experience, glow green. I have never seen a blue lumed Patek in real life nor on youtube. The lume glowing green just shows you how good the faux lume application is. It's a good thing. Look at this video below. (sometimes cameras pick up, more blue than they do green. But real-world they are green)

https://youtu.be/SHJaZIZwnYM?t=343

Last edited:

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Arrived yesterday

jK2sAj.jpg

jK2u64.jpg

Overall very happy, but have noticed that the “day” switches at around 3 am. Might be something that can be addressed with a service.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

jb3md

Renowned Member
11/8/19
Arrived yesterday

jK2sAj.jpg

jK2u64.jpg

Overall very happy, but have noticed that the “day” switches at around 3 am. Might be something that can be addressed with a service.

Reactions: Sonofalich

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Arrived yesterday

It looks perfect.

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Arrived yesterday

jK2sAj.jpg

jK2u64.jpg

Isn't it intentional to avoid the mechanical strain of the movement potentially caused by changing all at the same time?

kevBquick

9/10/18
Arrived yesterday

jK2sAj.jpg

jK2u64.jpg

mechanically you have noticed anything else? does the month change only via a push button? or does it flip after 31? day around 3am is close to what i figured it to be.

does the moon phase move or can you advance it yourself?

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Well I got my QC. I am usually not very picky but those 12 o’clock misaligned markers bother me. Would it be noticeable in RL? What is your view? Shame because everything else is spot on

b3538a2e74fc7fe5222939b6503ab3e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Watyouseek

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/21
How’s the rotor noise ? Also anyone know if opening it up and adding some silicone to the gaskets to be a good thing?

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Well I got my QC. I am usually not very picky but those 12 o’clock misaligned markers bother me. Would it be noticeable in RL? What is your view? Shame because everything else is spot on

b3538a2e74fc7fe5222939b6503ab3e4.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Yeah, I would redlight that. On defects like that I feel
1) Im not going to be able to stop looking at it
2) Makes me feel bad about the watch, so it gets to stay in the box
3) That can go to someone who does not care about the markers
4) Kinda sloppy and I wouldnt want to reward that

But that's just me. No offense to people that have misaligned 12