• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

My mini none-professional review of the PPF 5712

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Currently this PPF 5712 (previously GREEN 5712) is the hottest rep Patek on the market, I’ve only been wearing this watch for a day, but I would like to give my two cents about this rep, since we have some good opinions and some doubts about this rep

First, let’s about about the cons, there are a few, but no deal breakers in my book.

1. the biggest flaws, the PR indicator does not work as intended, instead it works like a gmt function, as you wear the watch throughout the day, the PR will move along, the PR generally hits the red dots (means no power left) sometimes between 11pm and 1am. So, in the forenoon, the PR indicator slowly increase to 48 (supposedly full power), and slowly decrease to red dots in the afternoon. Minus 1 point

2. the crown, for those who have purchased the ppf 5711 before, this is the same issue, the crown sticking out by like 1mm more or less. I’m not sure if this is fixable by modder

3. date hand misalignment, someone pointed it out on the main thread, the date doesnt point the center of the date, instead it points a little but to the right, again I’m not sure if this is fixable by modder

4. moon disc gap, is there a gap? yes. is it noticeable on the wrist? yes and no, only on certain angles. Minus 0.5 point

5. bracelet, when i had the watch on my hands, I immediately noticed the bracelet feel cheap, feels like the v1 v2 noob daytona bracelet if anyone know what im talking about, however, the surface of the bracelet feels pretty smooth. Just for comparison, my favorite rep bracelet is the vsf 41sub bracelet, it truly feels very gen like when compared to my gen gmt. So, minus 0.5 points

6. price point, $688, I understand this price may be a dealbreaker for some of you guys, but I think it worth every penny.

Now, let’s talk about the pros, what I love about this watch,

1. the dial. sweet mother of Jesus, I think this is the best, probably the closest to gen Patek dial we have seen the color, the sunburst, just PERFECT. But, I’ve never see gen 5712, only videos and pictures, so I understand if some of you think I may not qualified to give this opinion, I respect that, again all of this just my two cents :)

2. subdial placement, everything is the same with gen, this is probably my second favorite part of this watch, first been the dial color

3. all functions works, however the PR doesn’t work as intended, would prefer is it stay at full, but it doesn’t bother me at all

4. movement finishing, I dont know what to say, when i first saw the movement irl, it shocked me, I gotta say this, even tho it’s nowhere near gen patek finishing, but it looks hella beautiful, like if the movement is at the correct position, it may fool some gen patek player. hhahaha I’m definitely over exaggerating. REMEMBER, YOU SHOULD NEVER WEAR ANY OF YOUR REPS TO ANY AD, PERIOD.

tltr: overall I’m giving this watch a 8/10, I think the pros definitely beats the cons for a mile, and it will be in my never sell collection for sure, 5712 is my holy grail of holy grails xD, I still plan to purchase gen 5712 someday, and even if I had gen, I still wouldn’t sell this rep 5712, thats how good I think this rep is, should you wait for a v2? definitely no, because you may not even be able to grab a v1 nowadays the demand is so high, and the supply is very low, let alone we don’t know when is the next raid gonna happen, so grab if you can before you cant no more:thumbup:

Last edited:

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
thanks for the review man!

I completely agree with this review and the bracelet. My clasp pin came loose after I was resizing my bracelet. Now I need to glue it back with epoxy or something! Really bad qc there from PPF (or Green).

srhoque

28/11/18
THANKS for taking the time to do the review, will help other members who are on the fence. Mine gets delivered later today, looking forward to having it on the wrist.

jcguo0516 - Any tips you can share on the sizing the bracelet and re-positioning the clasp (its on the opposite side). I need to do mine, so looking for some dos and don't advice. Much appreciated!!

jcguo0516

4/12/18
thanks man, so do you mind share a picture of the clasp pin, where was the loose Im gonna take a look at my as well in case i need to glue it too.

I completely agree with this review and the bracelet. My clasp pin came loose after I was resizing my bracelet. Now I need to glue it back with epoxy or something! Really bad qc there from PPF (or Green).

jcguo0516

4/12/18
for sure bro, definitely gonna help out more members on deciding this beautiful piece

as for the resizing, i feel like the pin is actually little bit hard to take it out, i did it myself cuz i only need to take one link out, if you can, i would take it a near watchsmith to do it, if you cant, just be careful with it

THANKS for taking the time to do the review, will help other members who are on the fence. Mine gets delivered later today, looking forward to having it on the wrist.

jcguo0516 - Any tips you can share on the sizing the bracelet and re-positioning the clasp (its on the opposite side). I need to do mine, so looking for some dos and don't advice. Much appreciated!!

srhoque

28/11/18
for sure bro, definitely gonna help out more members on deciding this beautiful piece

as for the resizing, i feel like the pin is actually little bit hard to take it out, i did it myself cuz i only need to take one link out, if you can, i would take it a near watchsmith to do it, if you cant, just be careful with it

Thank you!! I do have the tools and have sized Patek rep bracelets (5711) before. Will be very cautious as you mention.

Plaasbaas

IWC-hoarder and PAM-hunter
Supporter
Certified
4/4/21
Germany
Thanks for the write-up. Now I need to buy this, that's all your fault :laugh: It looks awesome. Is the moonphase a real moonphase or a day-night indicator?

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for the review jcguo0516

This, coupled with the real life (non-QC) pictures from the other thread, have now swayed me from my subconscious objection re the price point.

Appreciate the time it took to write it up, very helpful

Rehaut19

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
30/12/20
the thickness is 1 mm more than gen? Confirm?

Tobel

6/7/17
It's absolutely gorgeous mate, congrats and wear it in good health

Mike joe

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/3/17
I think the crown is out more than 1mm can some expert confirm please and if so is there a kidder who can fix it?

spencerswagu

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/8/20
How does it compare with the 5711 PPF v4?

Mostly interested in the bracelet quality, weight, and the indescribable "gen-feel" level. danke!

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party

Correct me if im wrong but this sounds like the issue with the ceramic fold over clasp pin that the ppf 5711 has. Mine popped out like 3 days after getting it. Maybe they're all sourcing from the same pin supplier.

Reactions: AlphaProt

Recklays

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
1/8/16
Great review and amazing photos ! I ordered mine last week.
Regarding the pin issue, can we contact our TDs they might be able to share the information with the factory ? (Just an idea)

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Johnluuda

Supporter
Certified
8/5/21
Hi, is it possible to take out the middle links to insert leather/gummi bands?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk