• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut - 3KF or ZF?

javicc

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
MULTI ACCOUNT
20/10/19
Could you help me tell me how to fit the strap to the size of my wrist? Thank you

Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Could you help me tell me how to fit the strap to the size of my wrist? Thank you

Dude. You’ve asked this question in multiple threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Hey Guys,

i could really use your help, i just got QCs for my 3KF, but it has "Swiss made"?! I tried to check the line on 5, i think its ok (ends under 5), so its tied.
I already asked the TD to check but i'd like to hear another opinion, could you please have a look?
(P.s. i hope in this case its ok to post QCs)

hahamen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/2/18
Recently 3KF updated their watches I guess. I’ve seen a lot seller in some China app posted about it. Like aquanaut with Swiss made on dial, nautilus with fixed first end link

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Max Cady

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
Recently 3KF updated their watches I guess. I’ve seen a lot seller in some China app posted about it. Like aquanaut with Swiss made on dial, nautilus with fixed first end link

Thx, then i'm relieved!
I already gave it a green light since i am pretty sure it is a 3kf (line ends under 5, different lumes, same serial like on TDs homepage pics etc.)

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
No issues with a line under 5. There are many gens with the same line and many gens without it, it changes based on generation so it’s not a tell.

And Swiss made is fine.

Reactions: Max Cady

Max Cady

Aquaracer
27/8/20
Hofbräuhausen
No issues with a line under 5. There are many gens with the same line and many gens without it, it changes based on generation so it’s not a tell.

And Swiss made is fine.

I was not comparing to gen rather than to tell ZF (line goes over 5) and 3kf (line stops under 5) apart. Same with swiss made, ZF has it, 3kf hasnt it untill now, so i got confused when i saw the swiss made on the 3kf.
Now everything is fine, got the green light!
But thank you, this is also good to know when comparing to gen!

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Who cares about the line under 5 (whatever that actually means), the white hands vs green markers are ugly

Good point, once you see the white hands and green minute markers you can’t unsee it. I would reject and buy the ZF 5167/1A instead...

japer

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/5/12
EU
Who cares about the line under 5 (whatever that actually means), the white hands vs green markers are ugly

My point exacly, would never buy the 3kf with that horrible colour difference..

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
The video makes a good point though, how do you service a 3KF?

repclouts

21/8/17
Does anyone know if the 3KF hands could be modded to get rid of the glaring colour difference?

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
In my opinion, for the 5167A, the ZF is the best.

For the 5168G, the 3KF is the best.

repclouts

21/8/17
In my opinion, for the 5167A, the ZF is the best.

For the 5168G, the 3KF is the best.

Do you know the weight difference between Aquanaut reps like 5167R and 5168G and the gens. As its only case not bracelet I'm hoping it wont be much.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Do you know the weight difference between Aquanaut reps like 5167R and 5168G and the gens. As its only case not bracelet I'm hoping it wont be much.

The gen Patek watches with no complications on straps in precious metals never feel that heavy to begin with. The difference isn’t too noticeable in weight. Only gold and platinum timepieces on bracelets do you actually feel a substantial weight difference.

I wouldn’t worry about it

repclouts

21/8/17
The gen Patek watches with no complications on straps in precious metals never feel that heavy to begin with. The difference isn’t too noticeable in weight. Only gold and platinum timepieces on bracelets do you actually feel a substantial weight difference.

I wouldn’t worry about it

You might have just sold me on a 5167R as my next purchase! :p