• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 3k 5711 Green?

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
just playing with you. i do agree without a cyclops the eyes does not get drawn to the date. the green dial is the star of the show.

you know what after reading this thread I went to look at some pics the gen has so many misaligned dates HAHAHHA even patek couldn't get it right jesus

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Hi guys,
I am going to pull the trigger on this, do we know if anyone has explored making a DW for this like [mention]Keylog74 [/mention] did a couple of years back for the PF? Thanks

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
Hi guys,
I am going to pull the trigger on this, do we know if anyone has explored making a DW for this like [mention]Keylog74 [/mention] did a couple of years back for the PF? Thanks

Hey the dw is in process by multiple different parties, I suggest purchasing first and waiting for the DW to release. Be patient, these gen-spec things take a while :)

Reactions: sunrayminor

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Hey the dw is in process by multiple different parties, I suggest purchasing first and waiting for the DW to release. Be patient, these gen-spec things take a while :)

Just saw the other thread, great news!!

Last edited:

watch_man

Known Member
7/1/11
I really like this watch but it is sad they can´t get the text on the movement right :-(
it should be 330 instead of 390 and 30 Jewels regulated in 6 positions

Reactions: Beefcake

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12
I really like this watch but it is sad they can´t get the text on the movement right :-(

you're comparing apples and pears.
3kf is using the 324 caliber in their builds. gen green 5711 uses 330 caliber. I doubt 3kf will put effort to engrave the 330 text on their 324 movement.

OTF_300

24/6/16

Regardless of that, the jewels also look different if you look up the new movement on Google it clearly looks different which stopped me from buying the watch because in hand anyone that knows about Patek if they look at the case back they would call you out and I honestly doubt that they would go out of their way to make a clone of the new movement variant anytime soon.

mega12

I'm Pretty Popular
17/10/17
Regardless of that, the jewels also look different if you look up the new movement on Google it clearly looks different which stopped me from buying the watch because in hand anyone that knows about Patek if they look at the case back they would call you out and I honestly doubt that they would go out of their way to make a clone of the new movement variant anytime soon.

Guys, again you shouldn’t bother about the movement engravings, nor the Juwels, nor the date font nor the end links.
Everyone who will have a little knowledge about PP will call you out instantly just because of wearing this model and not because of its details. I doubt that a single member of this forum will be in the lucky position to own one someday (if he is not a reseller).
So wearing this piece alone is the biggest tell.

Second, if you should be in the lucky (and impossible) situation to sit next to a gen owner of such a beauty, I tell you that the gen owner has in 99.9% no clue about the details nor understands which movement runs inside etc. although there is an open case back… If you managed to be on that level to be eligible enough to order one of these or get them on grey market, you don’t bother about all the Franken stuff we do. You simply get them because you can.

Having said that, I will still order one, once I have collected some funds, just because I like this model a lot. No problem, I will tell everyone that it’s a fake. Anyway, people will be astonished how good this fake is.

srhoque

28/11/18

Wow!! People who really know about Patek (or have the capability of distinguishing different movement calibers by just visually glancing at the caseback) don't go around asking you to randomly hand them over your watch for inspection. I don't know about you but the chances of most of us meeting a person owning the 330 caliber is slim to none. Unless you are always in the company of Patek aficionados, you are pretty safe. If you don't like the watch, that's fine but your excuse for not buying it is just ridiculous. The constant need of having our reps to represent the gen in all aspects boggles me...for once why can't we enjoy this $500 rep for what it is...

amshah

You're Saying I Can Sell?

So do you often hand over your reps to strangers, while telling them it's a gen?

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
So do you often hand over your reps to strangers, while telling them it's a gen?

Look I don't tell people my watches are gen but people can do what they want. I know the opinion in this forum is that telling people your rep is gen is frowned upon but let the man be he already decided not to buy it.

Reactions: OTF_300

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
Wow!! People who really know about Patek (or have the capability of distinguishing different movement calibers by just visually glancing at the caseback) don't go around asking you to randomly hand them over your watch for inspection. I don't know about you but the chances of most of us meeting a person owning the 330 caliber is slim to none. Unless you are always in the company of Patek aficionados, you are pretty safe. If you don't like the watch, that's fine but your excuse for not buying it is just ridiculous. The constant need of having our reps to represent the gen in all aspects boggles me...for once why can't we enjoy this $500 rep for what it is...

AGREED for $500 such a beautiful gradient green dial on a integrated bracelet and a 324 clone is very VERY worth it imo. I mean tbh these rep factories really put in effort into the wearing experience. The chamfers on the bracelet are actually quite nice ootb and add to the details of the watch. Some microbrands offer less for the money

Garuda

I'm Pretty Popular
15/12/12

unless your hanging with the millennials in #PatekAcademy you're over thinking the situation. most patek owners would need a side-by-side to see the difference unless they have memorised every patek manual.

Reactions: stanevo6

srhoque

28/11/18
unless your hanging with the millennials in #PatekAcademy you're over thinking the situation. most patek owners would need a side-by-side to see the difference unless they have memorised every patek manual.

Actually, all the folks who got a green dial allocated don’t even know that a Chinese factory is replicating their watch :D