• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut 5168G Blue / Green by 3KF

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
The green is better than I had hoped. Not the dull creamy khaki of the gen but close.

Looks lovely. Can you take a pic of the underside/ clasp closed too if you get a chance. Thanks.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Nice, the real life pics posted has convinced me as well. I am ordering now LOL. Wear yourself in good health, posy some pics

Can’t wait to get my hands on that new 5712 as well. I would definitely say the 3K strap is on par with the ZF one. It has those subtle curves and feels more quality. Much better than the first 5167 strap.

Thanks mate :) will post a few more tomorrow once I get the strap cut down

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
While I am very impressed by the color of strap/dial from real life pics, that obnoxious DW is killing me. Can't wait for keylog or legend project to finish sooner

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
Can’t wait to get my hands on that new 5712 as well. I would definitely say the 3K strap is on par with the ZF one. It has those subtle curves and feels more quality. Much better than the first 5167 strap.

Thanks mate :) will post a few more tomorrow once I get the strap cut down

Is there any noticeable rotor noise??

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
While I am very impressed by the color of strap/dial from real life pics, that obnoxious DW is killing me. Can't wait for keylog or legend project to finish sooner

What's wrong with the date wheel? I mean, to me it looks pretty good. Not perfection to PP standard, but the date windows are so small anyway. Seems good enough to me.

srhoque

28/11/18
What's wrong with the date wheel? I mean, to me it looks pretty good. Not perfection to PP standard, but the date windows are so small anyway. Seems good enough to me.

The font is thin, needs to be a bit more bolder.

Reactions: Sonofalich

srhoque

28/11/18
Yeah fair enough, but doesn't seem like a deal-breaker. Anyway as you say, maybe a new date wheel mod comes out and it'll look even better. But I think I could live with that very easily.

If you don't compare to gen, this DW is decent (in fact better than their 5167 release). But given the "nit picky" LOL people we all are in this forum, it is hard to unsee the font after seeing gen pics. Anyways, I feel this release is better than their 5167 (DW, they have fixed the lume mismatch between hands and markers and the rubber quality seems improved)

Eldonsimon

Supporter
Certified
16/8/16
Sunny Barcelona
If you don't compare to gen, this DW is decent (in fact better than their 5167 release). But given the "nit picky" LOL people we all are in this forum, it is hard to unsee the font after seeing gen pics. Anyways, I feel this release is better than their 5167 (DW, they have fixed the lume mismatch between hands and markers and the rubber quality seems improved)

Its only us who are this picky - the chances of bumping into someone wearing the gen are slim to none!

madedo

Certified
4/12/20

Hello to all,

here are some QC of my 3k 5168.

The numbers "11" don`t seem to be parallel and in the same hight. The right "1" seems to be a bit lower than the left "1". What do you experts think?
What I also saw is that the date of "6" is not centered in the middle of the date window to up and down. It seems to be more located to the bottom.

Otherwise I think watch ist o.k. but the position/ mismatch of the two II at 11 doesnt look very good.