• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut 5168G Blue / Green by 3KF

Klizzix

You're Saying I Can Sell?
30/9/20
What about the engraving on the back? I cannot tell if its painted on like previous revisions or properly engraved!

Either way, my order is in.

Just waiting for the first QC's or even first shipments to get more information on them but the releases look pretty good

Reactions: rockdaytona

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
rockdaly thanks for the post, yes green strap is a no go. Looking forward for real live pictures . Congrats ! :)

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
rockdaly thanks for the post, yes green strap is a no go. Looking forward for real live pictures . Congrats ! :)

What do you guys think about this strap? 19mm is this a strap for the 5167 aquanaut 40mm? Don't want to buy the wrong size. Color looks decent.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I've approved these QCs just giving you guys look. I am very pleased although I think the strap on the green to too light and I will have to look for an olive/military green strap from an aftermarket supplier, let me know if you have suggestions. Enjoy

Thanks for the pictures, please update us when you get them in the flesh! Want to see these!

dullidulli

Certified
3/6/13
What do you guys think about this strap? 19mm is this a strap for the 5167 aquanaut 40mm? Don't want to buy the wrong size. Color looks decent.

The add says 19mm at the buckle which is fine for 5168.
Strap size at the watch is not mentioned. Most aftermarket straps are 21mm (22mm hard to find) so I do not know if 21 is fine for 5167 only.
My 5168 blue rubber exactly measures 21,5mm at the watch case.

DamienV

Known Member
1/3/20
France
Really curious about the green one, with this bright lighting it looks more emerald than kaki while some videos are close to GEN.

bpbp

Renowned Member
14/12/13
USA
I've approved these QCs just giving you guys look. I am very pleased although I think the strap on the green to too light and I will have to look for an olive/military green strap from an aftermarket supplier,

The date flaw are really stupid and killing me, it's V2 already and look obvious factory knew the problem already and they just don't want to fix it, because they can make V3 9r v4 etc, so they can keep suck customers nipple dried.. lol I am so sick with it..

Last edited by a moderator:

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
The date flaw are really stupid and killing me, it's V2 already and look obvious factory knew the problem already and they just don't want to fix it, because they can make V3 9r v4 etc, so they can keep suck customers nipple dried.. lol I am so sick with it..

Chill brother ! :) you know how the game is played... :). To your comfort I read a Datewheel project is under way by biobone if I am not mistaken... Check it out...

I just need real life picture to confirm the quality of dial , then most likely will go on a heavy modding project: White gold plating, AR job...

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom

Chill brother ! :) you know how the game is played... :). To your comfort I read a Datewheel project is under way by biobone if I am not mistaken... Check it out...

I just need real life picture to confirm the quality of dial , then most likely will go on a heavy modding project: White gold plating, AR job...

To be fair the date wheel flaw is so so minor... People like to go over the top, as if they're going to encounter a Patek expert who EXAMINES, not just glances. Examines their watch. It's bizarre. The date looks clear and crisp, is it identical to gen? No.

But as you say, there's a date wheel project going.

FYI, this isn't white gold either :p so this expert that might be fooled by your perfect date, certainly isn't going to be fooled by steel nor its weight...

Last edited:

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
hello and thanks to all sharing their QC pics! the lume color of the hands and of the minute markers seem consistent and in the same color but not completely white like c1 lume rather lightly greenish like c3 lume. but i dont care about that, Im glad that they are consistent in color not like the 3k 5167 with greenish minute markers and bright white hands (anyone knows if they already fixed this issue?) I think all of you are right, dial color and sunburst from dark blue to almost black can only be judged whan holding the watch in hands in different lights. Although some gen 5168 also look a lot lighter blue. a lot depends on the light conditions. but what do you think about the bezel and case shape compared to the gen as far as it can be judged by the pics? did they match it or any tells so far? Patek Phillipe lettering is very well centered and seem pretty crisp in my opinion. Any obvious tells apart from the datewheel so far? Im torn between the 3k 5167 or this one, but the different colors of hands and minute markers of 5167 hold me back, so i was hoping this one would be a better match. Any hints or comments so far? regards madedo

Reactions: nycwatchguy1989

Desmond20052000

21/3/17
hello and thanks to all sharing their QC pics! the lume color of the hands and of the minute markers seem consistent and in the same color but not completely white like c1 lume rather lightly greenish like c3 lume. but i dont care about that, Im glad that they are consistent in color not like the 3k 5167 with greenish minute markers and bright white hands (anyone knows if they already fixed this issue?) I think all of you are right, dial color and sunburst from dark blue to almost black can only be judged whan holding the watch in hands in different lights. Although some gen 5168 also look a lot lighter blue. a lot depends on the light conditions. but what do you think about the bezel and case shape compared to the gen as far as it can be judged by the pics? did they match it or any tells so far? Patek Phillipe lettering is very well centered and seem pretty crisp in my opinion. Any obvious tells apart from the datewheel so far? Im torn between the 3k 5167 or this one, but the different colors of hands and minute markers of 5167 hold me back, so i was hoping this one would be a better match. Any hints or comments so far? regards madedo

I'm no PP expert, but personally, I like the dial of the 3K 5168 a lot more than the 3K 5167, as you've said, it hurts my eyes too seeing greenish minute markers and white hands.

jssph

Looking Around
6/5/21

Was contemplating between that one and one I found on DH gate but was leaning towards the PartsForWatch one.

KkgkMq2.png

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12
Here are the pics from another TD. I just pulled the trigger on it, but might switch to a regular black 5167 (3KF is still the best for that one right?)

What do you guys think?

IMG-20210429-224155.jpg

IMG-20210429-224156.jpg

IMG-20210429-224144.jpg

IMG-20210429-224257.jpg

IMG-20210429-224203.jpg