• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Aquanaut 5168G Blue / Green by 3KF

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Looks like they improved the movement engravings, also released V2 of the 5167!

madedo

Certified
4/12/20
hello to all,

do you think this 3k 5168 now has a (more) gen like case/ lug and bezel shape (smaller gen like bezel) compared to the non gen like 3k 5167 case/ bezel?
what would you say about the blueish dial colour and sunburst compared to gen as far as you can judge by the few photos available so far?
i think the Patek Philippe skript is now centred (is it also more crisp?) and the movement engravings are improved compared to the 5167.
what are your opinions?
just related to an objectice comparision focusing on the more overall gen like look and no personal preferences (like black vs vlue dial, case site 40 vs 42) would you guys go for this one or the 3k 5167 (v1 or v2)?

Reactions: C.gjinika

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
hello to all,

do you think this 3k 5168 now has a (more) gen like case/ lug and bezel shape (smaller gen like bezel) compared to the non gen like 3k 5167 case/ bezel?
what would you say about the blueish dial colour and sunburst compared to gen as far as you can judge by the few photos available so far?
i think the Patek Philippe skript is now centred (is it also more crisp?) and the movement engravings are improved compared to the 5167.
what are your opinions?
just related to an objectice comparision focusing on the more overall gen like look and no personal preferences (like black vs vlue dial, case site 40 vs 42) would you guys go for this one or the 3k 5167 (v1 or v2)?

This is solely my opinion based on the pictures on Jtime but here are my personal observations. I’ve already placed my order and am awaiting QC pics.

To me, the case has improved. I do agree the bezel was a little fat on the first 5167 iteration but from the 5168 pictures it has improved and does look more gen like.

The dial looks pretty good, it does seem to be a shade of lighter blue in the center and then goes to a darker blue on as it gets further from the center. I imagine it may have a bit too much sunburst (a lot of rep dials struggle with this) but it will be tough to really know this for sure until some of us have it in our hands.

The strap also looks to have improved. Previously it was missing the subtle curves where the lugs end. The blue strap seems to have those subtle curves. I imagine the quality of the rubber feels better, but won’t know until we have it in hand. I imagine it’ll be at least comparable with the ZF strap quality which is better than original 3K one.

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
This is solely my opinion based on the pictures on Jtime but here are my personal observations. I’ve already placed my order and am awaiting QC pics.

To me, the case has improved. I do agree the bezel was a little fat on the first 5167 iteration but from the 5168 pictures it has improved and does look more gen like.

The dial looks pretty good, it does seem to be a shade of lighter blue in the center and then goes to a darker blue on as it gets further from the center. I imagine it may have a bit too much sunburst (a lot of rep dials struggle with this) but it will be tough to really know this for sure until some of us have it in our hands.

The strap also looks to have improved. Previously it was missing the subtle curves where the lugs end. The blue strap seems to have those subtle curves. I imagine the quality of the rubber feels better, but won’t know until we have it in hand. I imagine it’ll be at least comparable with the ZF strap quality which is better than original 3K one.

Both blue and green on order for me

Reactions: LebronXiJames

thestefster

Patron
9/6/11
What about the engraving on the back? I cannot tell if its painted on like previous revisions or properly engraved!

Either way, my order is in.