• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New GEN 5711 Green dial

mrsullivan

Replicaddict
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
18/8/19
EU
PP announce that they are ceasing production of the 5711 and then they announce a limited run of a new colour dial. Unbelievable.
And in the meantime, on the gen side of the world... lol.
565ca7b0239485f6449c9fb32a9ddff4.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

a5539925

You're Saying I Can Sell?
29/7/18
And in the meantime, on the gen side of the world... lol.
565ca7b0239485f6449c9fb32a9ddff4.jpg

Envoyé de mon ELE-L29 en utilisant Tapatalk

Insane. Keeping in mind that it’s a steel three hander with outdated movement. You can buy many cars for that price that have more hand finishing

China makes nice watches for a fair price and swiss makes their watches unattainable (availability and price wise). Where will people buy? They don’t even differentiate by innovationn. Same crappy primitive movements since decades (pp ap)

giphy.gif

Reactions: Naughtylus

KOT1917

Put Some Respect On My Name
26/7/19
Russian federation
I have no doubt that if no one wants to make a rare and inadequately expensive (at the price of one rep) revolution, we will see 3-5 more versions with a date frame, but which does not match the color of the dial.

Considering how ambiguous it is, how different it looks depending on the light, angle, I do not think that they will make a really high-quality item quickly, without the original watch for verification.
Everything else that will be done "from the photo" will be, at best, an emulation of renders.

I do not want to be critical, I just express the basis of my opinion, and as a result - expectations.

Reactions: mech500 and Morofra

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Given that , the green would be less of an issue as few will know but the casing is a BIG BIG change and aficionados will know that.

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
I have no doubt that if no one wants to make a rare and inadequately expensive (at the price of one rep) revolution, we will see 3-5 more versions with a date frame, but which does not match the color of the dial.

Considering how ambiguous it is, how different it looks depending on the light, angle, I do not think that they will make a really high-quality item quickly, without the original watch for verification.
Everything else that will be done "from the photo" will be, at best, an emulation of renders.

I do not want to be critical, I just express the basis of my opinion, and as a result - expectations.

I totally agree, it’s gonna look like crap in the first 3-4 versions.

Maybe PPF can step in, they so far has the best base for a modded 5711. Still needs a lot of work, but for them it’s a simple dial color change

Reactions: mech500

kami2112

Watchlover and Collector from Germany
30/7/12
Germany
That was fast : Trusty has the PF Green on his side

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
Sorry i meant pp 5711
Hopefully the PF or PPF will follow with the „right one“

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
Sorry i meant pp 5711

kami2112

30/7/12
Germany
Sorry i meant pp 5711

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I totally agree, it’s gonna look like crap in the first 3-4 versions.

Maybe PPF can step in, they so far has the best base for a modded 5711. Still needs a lot of work, but for them it’s a simple dial color change

I agree and disagree. The dial is similar enough (box logo, dial fonts are the same and the markers are the same). But there are some key differences:

1. Applied date window. This has to be engineered into the dial stamp itself to fit the surround, and then applied. Granted it's the same mold as the white dial, but yeah.
2. Date font. This is a big one and a tough one.