• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I honestly do like this blue shade, but gotta agree with others that it does seem different and a little ‘too’ different to call this due to lightning... especially since we have seen trusty QC’s before for this piece and there were no ‘obvious’ color differences like this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like it or not it’s not close to the genuine ones. GREEN / PPF so far is much closer to gen.
4245b26faf2a84346acfb33aff187a06.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: pip72

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
As long we all receive it, like it, let live with it. hahaha... of coz in rep world, nothing beats the gen. for sure or unless we swap the dial with gen. dial.

but currently, it not that we want the GREEN or PPF we can have it. it isn't available due to the raid. haha..

I will try to post more actual pic when receive the watch as QC photos may seems different

:cool::cool::cool:

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Good catch Karlus, maybe there are some real differences in this watch from the various factories.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Ok, looks like "Green Maker" had this ring, and the new PPT does not
bdfl202103290116.jpg

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
bdfl202103290116.jpg

Ok that's it I'm canceling my order!!! Haha

I think there is some variation between these factories. Earlier in this thread I posted a picture of another difference between PPF and Green Maker with the movement. A slight difference but difference nonetheless.

Reactions: LebronXiJames

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
As I thought as the companies have passed the watch along each fac would cut a corner to maximize profit.

Kinda looks like the bridge plate is not lining up properly with where the jewel is supposed to be. Would be interested to know from those that got delivery if this is the same on their PPF watches. Might also be something that can be "aligned" properly during service...dunno.

I'm inclined here to approve QC (and probably order a 2nd one.) I deeply regret I didnt buy more of the Noob Daytonas when I had the chance, and wonder if we wont get a watch like this one (or the Daytonas) again.

Last edited:
Reactions: onlyrolexes

pip72

21/2/19
Kinda looks like the bridge plate is not lining up properly with where the jewel is supposed to be. Would be interested to know from those that got delivery if this is the same on their PPF watches. Might also be something that can be "aligned" properly during service...dunno.

I'm inclined here to approve QC (and probably order a 2nd one.) I deeply regret I didnt buy more of the Noob Daytonas when I had the chance, and wonder if we wont get a watch like this one (or the Daytonas) again.
I tried buying a Bvlgari Octisimo Titanium OXF edition and they are no more. It looks like since the raids that many watches are unavailable.

Sent from my HD1925 using Tapatalk

Reactions: onlyrolexes

Hor-Fan

When the going gets weird
Supporter
Certified
14/1/17
Bat Country
bdfl202103290116.jpg

The “jewel” on the GM deco bridge is a deco fake, the real balance jewel is underneath as shown in the PPT pic. PPT neglected to install their fake jewel, or perhaps they ran out of them.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
If my QC pics have the misaligned jewel and bridge then I will absolutely reject it.

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
Just like Hor-fam indicated... it’s not misaligned. It’s just a fake bridge plate, the real jewel is underneath and working with no problems. It means they just didn’t put another decorative jewel in it to cover the real jewel.

Not to say it’ didn’t cut corners, but it’s purely cosmetical and not affecting the functionality.

Anyways, one should think for themselves whether to accept it or not but it’s a rep after all and I think we should use the ‘the glass is half full’ mentality here instead of ‘the glass is half empty’. The functioning moonphase, succesful dial and real micro rotor is already a breakthrough. We can nitpick over every detail , but then you will end up depressive haha.