• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
I just got my qc as well, unfortunately im not so lucky, the 3 oclock hour marker seem like it's tilted, I'm asking for more photos to make sure, we'll see, and my movement is +4 a day

Good luck, hope it is just an angle issue. The more QC (and real life) pics I see - the crystal in this rep is pretty good.

Reactions: pip72

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Do you think the high beat rate and S/D is a deal breaker or can this be easily adjusted?

Tbh i am not quite knowledgeable on this aspect. However, so far keeps accurate time and date changes on time smoothly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Well whoever gets lucky and gets their qc , unless not a major fault occurs , dont waste it as you’ll def enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pip72

21/2/19
pip72 , Wouldnt bother me that much at all, if I really wanted it, but would 13seconds per day not be considered a little high? Just going by some of the other QC pictures I've seen for various watches in the different threads.

Other more educated folks will chime in, and will probably set me right, but just my curiosity more so than anything.

Looks beautiful!!

I am going to ask them about that, typically is the QC at the factory or the TD? Can they fix these kinds of issues before they ship out the watch? I am kind of worried rejecting this watch and having to have to wait another couple months to receive another QC.

pip72

21/2/19
pip72 , Wouldnt bother me that much at all, if I really wanted it, but would 13seconds per day not be considered a little high? Just going by some of the other QC pictures I've seen for various watches in the different threads.

Other more educated folks will chime in, and will probably set me right, but just my curiosity more so than anything.

Looks beautiful!!

I am going to ask them about that, typically is the QC at the factory or the TD? Can they fix these kinds of issues before they ship out the watch? I am kind of worried about rejecting this watch and having to have to wait another couple of months to receive another QC.

Keylog74

14/6/13
I noticed a difference on the movement in the back between the PPF and Green Maker

That part is a decoration so most likely just placed there. I've compared some Green factory pic I have from a Chinese dealer that he sent me when it was first released and its in the same position the ppf pic you posted is. (you can find this pic on the first pages of this thread.

maison888

I'm Pretty Popular
7/8/14
This is not same color to Green. It is PPF blue wrong!

Glad I’m not the only one. Looking at all the recent QCs being posted the blue is very similar to PPF 5711 v4. I may be wrong but comparing to photos posted by Nirvana you can see the greenish gradient in almost every picture. Although they look similar it’s still distinguishable.

I’d love to see actual photos of both factories side by side.

pip72

21/2/19
I just got my qc as well, unfortunately im not so lucky, the 3 oclock hour marker seem like it's tilted, I'm asking for more photos to make sure, we'll see, and my movement is +4 a day

What are your Tomography numbers old like to compare to mine.

N77n

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/6/19
Has anyone received ppf or they are all green?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

srhoque

28/11/18
That part is a decoration so most likely just placed there. I've compared some Green factory pic I have from a Chinese dealer that he sent me when it was first released and its in the same position the ppf pic you posted is. (you can find this pic on the first pages of this thread.

The Trusty PPF pics has it exactly in same place as the green, it's the exact same movement and the same watch. Some people think they are different....well to each his/her own.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I am going to ask them about that, typically is the QC at the factory or the TD? Can they fix these kinds of issues before they ship out the watch? I am kind of worried about rejecting this watch and having to have to wait another couple of months to receive another QC.

Hiya,

I feel like I've opened a can of worms so my apologies. I didnt mean to burst the excitement bubble, the watch is stunning!!

It could be as srhoque said that the machine wasn't calibrated correctly resulting in an inaccurate reading or it could be dirt/dust or it could be a faulty movement, we just don't know unfortunately.

My understanding, and others will correct me if I'm wrong, is that for the most part, TDs act as middlemen/women, and will send QC pictures for the buyers approval of the watches they receive from the factory.

If the buyer rejects, for a valid reason, they send back to the factory and get a new one. I know that some TDs have watchsmiths that can do minor fixes, but for the most part, I believe they just act as a go between between us and the factory.

But back to the 13s/day, even if it was accurate, that's about 90 seconds per week, or 6 minutes per month.

Even if it was your only watch, and you were wearing it 24/7, or when not wearing it, it was going to be on a winder, then you'd notice.

But would ~6 minutes a month really bother you? Only you can answer that as your money at the end of the day. For me, it wouldn't, but I rotate my watches weekly, and generally have to wind them anyway, so never really notice or bother with lost/gained time.

If you're visually happy with the watch, I wouldn' reject it, but ultimately your call.

Hopefully your TD can give you some additional assurances.

Best of luck

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Glad I’m not the only one. Looking at all the recent QCs being posted the blue is very similar to PPF 5711 v4. I may be wrong but comparing to photos posted by Nirvana you can see the greenish gradient in almost every picture. Although they look similar it’s still distinguishable.

I’d love to see actual photos of both factories side by side.

Could be the camera white balance tho, the last pic i posted a week ago under extreme sunlight was blue, but in real life it was so green like the new green 5711/1A-014.

pip72

21/2/19
Hiya,

I feel like I've opened a can of worms so my apologies. I didnt mean to burst the excitement bubble, the watch is stunning!!

It could be as srhoque said that the machine wasn't calibrated correctly resulting in an inaccurate reading or it could be dirt/dust or it could be a faulty movement, we just don't know unfortunately.

My understanding, and others will correct me if I'm wrong, is that for the most part, TDs act as middlemen/women, and will send QC pictures for the buyers approval of the watches they receive from the factory.

If the buyer rejects, for a valid reason, they send back to the factory and get a new one. I know that some TDs have watchsmiths that can do minor fixes, but for the most part, I believe they just act as a go between between us and the factory.

But back to the 13s/day, even if it was accurate, that's about 90 seconds per week, or 6 minutes per month.

Even if it was your only watch, and you were wearing it 24/7, or when not wearing it, it was going to be on a winder, then you'd notice.

But would ~6 minutes a month really bother you? Only you can answer that as your money at the end of the day. For me, it wouldn't, but I rotate my watches weekly, and generally have to wind them anyway, so never really notice or bother with lost/gained time.

If you're visually happy with the watch, I wouldn' reject it, but ultimately your call.

Hopefully your TD can give you some additional assurances.

Best of luck

Yes I have other reps that are probably less accurate. I'm not going to worry unless I receive the watch and I have issues then I'll send it back.

Reactions: P..DR..D