• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
wow !!!! legend what do you think of this piece sir ? Any input would be greatly appreciated

I think it is a decent rep. The crown protrusion needs some modding, as well as some finishes. I seem to recall that the PR indicator is faux? Visually it is a good rep from the pics. I have not seen it in person, but when I do, I will be able to give a more meaningful opinion.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I think it is a decent rep. The crown protrusion needs some modding, as well as some finishes. I seem to recall that the PR indicator is faux? Visually it is a good rep from the pics. I have not seen it in person, but when I do, I will be able to give a more meaningful opinion.

I’ll take the first legend’ed piece please! Would love to finally own a piece modded by the best!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Calibre16

31/1/12
What's this? How visible is it in real life?

ZS9myR.jpg

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
Hello guys, I've lost the plot here... I really could not understand about the Moon phase indication and how it works, is it properly functioning on a 21 days or it is locket together with the date indication and it rotates on a 31 days?

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Hello guys, I've lost the plot here... I really could not understand about the Moon phase indication and how it works, is it properly functioning on a 21 days or it is locket together with the date indication and it rotates on a 31 days?

The moon phase on this 5712 works just like any gen watches, including the gen 5712. No worry there.

Reactions: onlyrolexes

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
Good to know . I read through the whole thing as was wondering the same. Still waiting on QC

peapods2

Known Member
14/7/12
Moonphase gap. it exist and you can see it if you tilt the watch 45°. I have qc 3 watches and some are misaligned and the moonphase isn't straight and you can see the gap even looking at it 180° down. So watch out for this guys.

How does one look for the misalignment on QC? ccan you show a few qc u rejected?

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
Moonphase gap. it exist and you can see it if you tilt the watch 45°. I have qc 3 watches and some are misaligned and the moonphase isn't straight and you can see the gap even looking at it 180° down. So watch out for this guys.

Can you share from bad/rejected QC photos so I know what to look for?

Thank you this is great info!

RockerArm

Known Member
2/10/19
EU
The moon phase on this 5712 works just like any gen watches, including the gen 5712. No worry there.

Thank for your help nirvana0002!
This is a very good news for me, I love this watch so... basically the only freezed hand on this watch is the power reserve indicator!

AlphaProt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Advisor
24/3/19
New Zealand
Thank for your help nirvana0002!
This is a very good news for me, I love this watch so... basically the only freezed hand on this watch is the power reserve indicator!

power reserve indicator is not frozen. It moves with the hour wheel.

Last edited:

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Question I really like this watch but afraid it’s small compared to models like AP42mm and Panerai 44mm which I usually where can I order comfortably that it will not look too small on my wrist I tried Rolex YM 42 and thought it was too small
Thanks

Virpag

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
26/3/13
Question I really like this watch but afraid it’s small compared to models like AP42mm and Panerai 44mm which I usually where can I order comfortably that it will not look too small on my wrist I tried Rolex YM 42 and thought it was too small
Thanks

srhoque

28/11/18
Thanks

LOL, I am excatly the opposite with a 6.8 inch wrist. All the watches you mentioned look big on my wrist. If the YM 42 seems small to you, you might want to skip this one unless you wear it as a dress watch (in which case it should blend in easily under your shirt/suit)

Reactions: WatchaholicMallorca

Keylog74

14/6/13
Now even the Chinese seller are saying this watch is not in stock. Factory did a small run test and now have to wait for it … totally bs if you ask me :D