• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
It appears at long last that mine has finally made its way into my country and has cleared customs, so I imagine it won't be more than couple days before we'll have another eagerly awaited 5712 rep to join the current party of one and share with the group. With all these conversations of PPF bracelet vs. GRNF bracelet earlier, I'd hoped to be able to compare it to my PPF 5711 and post pics of the two side by side, but alas that's currently being serviced so I won't be able to do a direct comparison except from memory or to the extra PPF bracelet links I have lying around lol. In any case, I'll try to upload a variety of pics, both indoors and outdoors to capture the nuances of this new model. And since most of you here are far more knowledgeable than I as to its intricacies and details, if there's a particular aspect or view of the watch you'd like to see, send me a pm and I'll try to address those in the upcoming pictures. Just nothing involving calipers. I'm glad that things are finally starting to get sorted out post-raid and accommodations are being made in one form or another to resume production of what I expect will be a home run. Cheers!

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
It appears at long last that mine has finally made its way into my country and has cleared customs, so I imagine it won't be more than couple days before we'll have another eagerly awaited 5712 rep to join the current party of one and share with the group. With all these conversations of PPF bracelet vs. GRNF bracelet earlier, I'd hoped to be able to compare it to my PPF 5711 and post pics of the two side by side, but alas that's currently being serviced so I won't be able to do a direct comparison except from memory or to the extra PPF bracelet links I have lying around lol. In any case, I'll try to upload a variety of pics, both indoors and outdoors to capture the nuances of this new model. And since most of you here are far more knowledgeable than I as to its intricacies and details, if there's a particular aspect or view of the watch you'd like to see, send me a pm and I'll try to address those in the upcoming pictures. Just nothing involving calipers. I'm glad that things are finally starting to get sorted out post-raid and accommodations are being made in one form or another to resume production of what I expect will be a home run. Cheers!

Would love to hear your comparison and see more real life photos of this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

T'Challa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/19
So now PPF is doing the 5712? Guess the protrusive crowns are here to stay. ;)
In seriousness, I hope i'm wrong, but anyway it's already the best at the moment.

Last edited:

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
TC was not a factory. Many subsitutes came in after he left the industry and they did better.

I will cry for the loss of the 4130 clone the day it will be shared knowledge it won't be available. Till then I'm still confident I will be able to buy Daytonas in the near future

Who did better than TC? All the stock 16610 reps are unwearable. The DW on JF/ARF is horrendous. TCKH dial and hands are still the best in the business when it comes to classic Rolex.

Nobody picked up h Factory PAMs but I suppose PAMS are not rolex, they don’t attract as many international sales.

I agree that Daytona clone isn’t going anywhere, Whether noob picks back up or whether someone else takes over the market

Sent from the RWI App

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
the important thing is that PPF uses the same dial as Green :-(

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
only 1 more sleep til we find out what the PPF version looks like.got my order in for the green maker so waiting to hear from li to see if we stick with green maker or go with the new ppf

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
My TD also confirm 5712 will be from PPF now

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
Spoke to my TD who confirmed that PPF is taking over production of Green Factory’s 5712 as GRNF owner is currently on the run from the authorities

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: LebronXiJames

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
My TD also confirm 5712 will be from PPF now

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I’ve heard Chairman Mao himself is currently tracking down the GRNF CEO

I see nothing funny about these guys being on the run. It’s a bit sad because they gave us some of the best reps in years. Particularly the Noob owner for the Daytona

I’m also happy VSF isn’t having too much issues. Would be sad to lose their 3235 and subs

Reactions: roflwaffles

aksingh

I'm Pretty Popular
7/3/10
PT/Jennifer says they can source the PFF 5712 but don't know about the Green maker deal - is there a 5712 PFF already available? If not then they are talking about the Green one that is now with PFF I imagine.

Reactions: pip72

MFK100

I'm Pretty Popular
Gold Patron
Certified
16/11/20
Finally things started moving

dae3fce2e9c14122364051c9a43e1eda.jpg

543b70aa093b601addffa4591f8b5d59.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk