• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
I doubt that tho, the accuracy on my sample is consistent and amplitude is 269 degrees on the timegrapher. I look forward to hear from other owners when more people got theirs.

If I'm not mistaken one thing to note is that micro rotors are not as efficient at winding due to the lack of mass and area to wind compared to a normal sized rotor. It's why makers like Patek make use of 22k gold in their micro rotor 240 cal to try and help compensate for that. You may want to try and manual wind it full and test how long it lasts at full manual wind without use. If you get a reasonable 36 to 48 hours out of the wind, we can assume that it's the rotor that's just not quite winding the watch efficiently.

Reactions: pip72

DD60

Eagle Eyed Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
28/4/17
+ Number deleted by staff
Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI
Steffhollanda Who's phone number are you posting here and why ? Your first post after being here since 2019 and you post a phone number ?
We don't post personal information or phone numbers here. This is a warning to you. Please don't do it again.

Steffhollanda

Looking Around
10/10/19
Sorry i have posted the number by accident !! Was not my intention

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RWI

fpi87

Known Member
3/11/20
Belgium
It might need a service, like all rep watches is a bit of a lottery when they were assembled in not controlled environments.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

talking about servicing, wouldn't that be an issue here? the movement is (although replicated) fully customised... Would (rep) watchmakers be able to service it? Not sure they will know how to put the movement back together due to the heavy customisations... it's not a standard ETA or VS clone..

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
talking about servicing, wouldn't that be an issue here? the movement is (although replicated) fully customised... Would (rep) watchmakers be able to service it? Not sure they will know how to put the movement back together due to the heavy customisations... it's not a standard ETA or VS clone..
Well, most knowledgeable watchmakers here should know, it is simply taking the movement apart and put it back together. The movement in my opinion is not that complex. We are not talking a perpetual calendar or a minute repeater here which might require more training and experience.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

LOL !!!!

Young Padawan , Do not make the mistake of underestimating the strenth of the Force around here...

Reactions: philwongnz

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I just don’t see it. I think when talking about small but important details like we are discussing. Specificity is appreciated. Let’s dive deeper. I’m interested

Dude no one here is interested in the PF, thats clearly an inferior product... BUT by all means open a specifc thread on need, you my get some traction but please lets stick to green maker here...

And yeah intentionally posting PF pictures here, did not like it...

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Dude no one here is interested in the PF, thats clearly an inferior product... BUT by all means open a specifc thread on need, you my get some traction but please lets stick to green maker here...

And yeah intentionally posting PF pictures here, did not like it...

I don't see what the problem is here. I'm sure that Nutforwatches can speak for himself (herself) but if you have been following this thread from day 1 and paying attention, you would know that Nutforwatches, through no fault of his own, bought the PF from Trusty thinking that it was a Green factory one. It was only when someone in this forum alerted him that it was in fact a PF watch and not a GF did he realise this. On the post that you quote him, he was merely asking how one distinguishes between a PF and GF 5712. As I see it, this is a legitimate question for this thread. We are all here to discuss and learn about watches that interest us and his question precisely serves this purpose. I for one am also interested in knowing the differences between a PF and GF 5712.

Reactions: Nutforwatches

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
I don't see what the problem is here. I'm sure that Nutforwatches can speak for himself (herself) but if you have been following this thread from day 1 and paying attention, you would know that Nutforwatches, through no fault of his own, bought the PF from Trusty thinking that it was a Green factory one. It was only when someone in this forum alerted him that it was in fact a PF watch and not a GF did he realise this. On the post that you quote him, he was merely asking how one distinguishes between a PF and GF 5712. As I see it, this is a legitimate question for this thread. We are all here to discuss and learn about watches that interest us and his question precisely serves this purpose. I for one am also interested in knowing the differences between a PF and GF 5712.

Fair enough I did not catch the previous discussions on the pf on this thread, hence when I saw the OP posting a PF here I saw it as a bad joke...

Nevertheless I always find it very distracting to discuss another version in another thread. We usually find specific thread for instance here « Pf vs Green maker « much more easy to follow and get knowledge from

my 2 cts

Nutforwatches

You're Saying I Can Sell?
5/2/21
No problem. This is just a hobby. I don’t take it too seriously. Damn i love this watch and now i gotta buy 2.

Max23

9/3/20
Just got a message from Puretime this morning stating that factories got raided and stopped to take orders. Hence, they have no idea of by when they'll be able to handle my order (FYI, I ordered about weeks ago). We'll have fun...........

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Just got a message from Puretime this morning stating that factories got raided and stopped to take orders. Hence, they have no idea of by when they'll be able to handle my order (FYI, I ordered about weeks ago). We'll have fun...........

They told me this morning please wait 3-5 days.

I’m tempted to cancel and go with JTime now tbh. Been 3 weeks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk