• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Afaik the movement is a modified Hangzhou 5000A: https://watch-movements.eu/blog/2021/08/01/mikrorotor-auf-chinesische-art-hangzhou-5000a/
It's a quite new movement used in gen and rep watches and I don't know how robust it is. I own three watches (2 Patek reps and the Sólás Starlight) equipped with it and they are working fine. However I wear them only casually.

Hangzhou movements are classified on the basis of the first digit. Thus, 5000A (start with 5) is a mid-class movement. The factory's high end movements are named 7xxx.

Kmmas

7/4/15
Thank you. I really like the watch but the only thing bothering me is the movement. The deco plates are falling left right and center (quite a lot of them, I see posted by users).... what do you recommend, should I just rather go for the 5711 or the 5726? Since you own a few pateks reps. In your opinion which one of the nautilus reps do you think is closest to gen?

Hangzhou movements are classified on the basis of the first digit. Thus, 5000A (start with 5) is a mid-class movement. The factory's high end movements are named 7xxx.

dashindark

Renowned Member
20/4/17
Thank you. I really like the watch but the only thing bothering me is the movement. The deco plates are falling left right and center (quite a lot of them, I see posted by users).... what do you recommend, should I just rather go for the 5711 or the 5726? Since you own a few pateks reps. In your opinion which one of the nautilus reps do you think is closest to gen?

I recommend the use of loctite 435. 5712 is my favorite.

Kmmas

7/4/15
sorry it was meant for you but quoted someone else

Afaik the movement is a modified Hangzhou 5000A: https://watch-movements.eu/blog/2021/08/01/mikrorotor-auf-chinesische-art-hangzhou-5000a/
It's a quite new movement used in gen and rep watches and I don't know how robust it is. I own three watches (2 Patek reps and the Sólás Starlight) equipped with it and they are working fine. However I wear them only casually.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

Choose any from 5711, 5712 and 5726 and change it for another if you get bored by the first one and would still like to keep only one Nautilus at a time. 5711 is a classic and the rep has many modding possibilities regarding dial, hands and case (see eg. Buff's version), 5712 dial is gorgeous on its own, while 5726 is an authoritative rep with its balanced and symmetrical dial, complications and thickness.

Reactions: Kmmas

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

5711 3KF V2 with BUFF dial/hands/dw

Kmmas

7/4/15
thank you, I haven’t done much research on the 5711 yet, but the little that I did, I hear everybody talking about the PPF v4 5711. First time I heard about the 3KF. But I will get down to it. Thanks

Any other modes you recommend to the above combo? Shortening of the crown? Rebrusing and beveling etc?

5711 3KF V2 with BUFF dial/hands/dw

Last edited:

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
thank you, I haven’t done much research on the 5711 yet, but the little that I did, I hear everybody talking about the PPF v4 5711. First time I heard about the 3KF. But I will get down to it. Thanks

Any other modes you recommend to the above combo? Shortening of the crown? Rebrusing and beveling etc?

For me 3KF V2 stock is perfect!
just put on Buff parts ;-)

Kmmas

7/4/15
I’ve usually always stuck to only date and time reps AND they have been super reliable….. but I’m really tempted to pull the trigger on this one. How is the 5712 movement in terms of reliability?

Reactions: pip72

Blingo

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/9/18
Turkey
ff8ebbae72bff1669ac539650f645576.jpg

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

zinduna

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
4/7/09
Looks great! Recessed crown makes a big difference.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: pip72