• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
A very well known modder is currently creating this Tiffany version of a PPF 5712 for me - work includes:

Trim the crown to gen shape

Recess crown

Bevel dial markers

Bevel hands

Fix the moon phase gap

First endlink flexible

Tiffany logo stamp

Here's the gen:

ripley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/12
A very well known modder is currently creating this Tiffany version of a PPF 5712 for me - work includes:

Trim the crown to gen shape

Recess crown

Bevel dial markers

Bevel hands

Fix the moon phase gap

First endlink flexible

Tiffany logo stamp

Here's the gen:

Spongebob?

ripley

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/11/12
I'd recommend a movement service as well given the micro rotor movement

Last edited:

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
My TD in Vietnam has this Version with leather bands and true/moissanite diamonds :D

5875da3b561eeb26586c99f6cf6445ff.png

7270dc50cac55c1d48ab8dab857183ca.jpg

Floyd Mayweather would be proud wearing that

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
A very well known modder is currently creating this Tiffany version of a PPF 5712 for me
Tiffany logo stamp

Here's the gen:

I’m not sure about the offset Tiffany stamp - it kinda Ruins the balance on an already busy dial (personal opinion). It does look like an after thought, printed on the only remaining real estate left of the dial.

Bevelling the markers and hands will look awesome tho.

Are you able to share the rough ball park cost for the mod? It’ll save us all PM’ing the bloke with the same question.

Sent from the RWI App

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I’m not sure about the offset Tiffany stamp - it kinda Ruins the balance on an already busy dial (personal opinion). It does look like an after thought, printed on the only remaining real estate left of the dial.

Bevelling the markers and hands will look awesome tho.

Are you able to share the rough ball park cost for the mod? It’ll save us all PM’ing the bloke with the same question.

Sent from the RWI App

It's hardly the only remaining piece of real estate on the dial, but of course you are entitled to your personal opinion. Ball park costs for the watch together with all the mods listed comes in around $1250

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I'm making this post regarding the moonphase pusher.

Initially I thought that mine was spoilt, but later I realised it was because I had been using it the wrong way.

Not knowing better, I had jabbed the moonphase pusher like I did to the date pusher, hoping that the moonphase disc would advance. And when it didn't, I concluded that the mechanism was spoilt.

Later on, I discovered that after the movement had run for a bit, I would press the moonphase pusher and have the moonphase disc advance. Then I wait for about 3 seconds and press again, and the moonphase disc advances once more. Repeating this process, I was able to get the moonphase disc to make an entire turn.

So I think that the moonphase pusher mechanism is totally different from the date pusher mechanism. Instead of instantaneous advancement, the moonphase pusher just "submits" a request to the movement to advance the moonphase disc. And as with all requests, there is some delay. As long as this delay is abided by, the moonphase pusher will work as intended.

I am now happily enjoying my 5712 and I think I might wear it more often than my Rolexes!

Reactions: pip72

leo6929

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/5/16
Ummm...no. Mi moon phase advances normally one position when you press the pusher repeatedly. Set it up once, but never took notice of it again, though.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I'm making this post regarding the moonphase pusher.

Initially I thought that mine was spoilt, but later I realised it was because I had been using it the wrong way.

Not knowing better, I had jabbed the moonphase pusher like I did to the date pusher, hoping that the moonphase disc would advance. And when it didn't, I concluded that the mechanism was spoilt.

Later on, I discovered that after the movement had run for a bit, I would press the moonphase pusher and have the moonphase disc advance. Then I wait for about 3 seconds and press again, and the moonphase disc advances once more. Repeating this process, I was able to get the moonphase disc to make an entire turn.

So I think that the moonphase pusher mechanism is totally different from the date pusher mechanism. Instead of instantaneous advancement, the moonphase pusher just "submits" a request to the movement to advance the moonphase disc. And as with all requests, there is some delay. As long as this delay is abided by, the moonphase pusher will work as intended.

I am now happily enjoying my 5712 and I think I might wear it more often than my Rolexes!

Mine does not work like this. One press and the moonphase advances normally and instantly.

Reactions: leo6929

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Ummm...no. Mi moon phase advances normally one position when you press the pusher repeatedly. Set it up once, but never took notice of it again, though.

Pressing the pusher quickly and repeatedly as if you were setting the date seems to jam the moonphase. What was I saying is, if you press the pusher slowly and gently, it will advance 1 position with each push alright.

But you got to wait about 3 seconds between each press

Last edited:

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Pressing the pusher quickly and repeatedly as if you were setting the date seems to jam the moonphase. What was I saying is, if you press the pusher slowly and gently, it will advance 1 position with each push alright.

But you got to wait about 3 seconds between each press

i think its not the case for all of the movements but good advice to follow anyway. The movement in this thing is beyond finnicky

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I will add, if your moonphase pusher does become stuck or jammed and fails to advance the moonphase disc, pull out the crown to the time-setting position and push it back in again.

Somehow this seems to reset the gears and solve the blockage most of the time.

Reactions: notawatchguy

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
i think its not the case for all of the movements but good advice to follow anyway. The movement in this thing is beyond finnicky

So actually, yes, the cost of this watch is more than just US$688 because you have to get the movement serviced in order to be able to use it for the long term.

Without a service, I expect that the movement would present with funny issues within a few months. YMMV though, I cannot speak for every production of this watch/movement.

pip72

21/2/19
So actually, yes, the cost of this watch is more than just US$688 because you have to get the movement serviced in order to be able to use it for the long term.

Without a service, I expect that the movement would present with funny issues within a few months. YMMV though, I cannot speak for every production of this watch/movement.

I got the first release the Green Marker back in April 2021 the movement is a powerhouse it lasts 48 hours on a full wind without wearing and the time is very accurate.

Reactions: P..DR..D