• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
Here's mine (still a work in progress with Spongebob ) - index bevelling, crown recession, closing the moonphase gap slightly. Can't wait for it to finish!

jaZGP3.jpg

jaZSSs.jpg

Reactions: vcappp and P..DR..D

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Scottymagic Sorry for my ignorance but can the index bevelling make the indeces shinier from a wrist distance or just make the indeces more good looking under the magnifying glass?

Last edited:

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
What’s index bevelling?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

From 5:50 of this video you can see the bevel difference between the gen and rep Nautilus indices. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why gen indices look bright and shiny from most viewing angles as compared to reps'. I'm also guessing index bevelling makes the shape of index edges genlike. However, I'm not an expert in this topic so I might be wrong.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
From 5:50 of this video you can see the bevel difference between the gen and rep Nautilus indices. I'm guessing this is one of the reasons why gen indices look bright and shiny from most viewing angles as compared to reps'. I'm also guessing index bevelling makes the shape of index edges genlike. However, I'm not an expert in this topic so I might be wrong.

About colors...5712 is the best!!!

Reactions: vcappp and leo6929

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Yep, rep 5712 dial color is killer. I'd say the same even if I had never seen a photo of the gen.

Reactions: leo6929

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK

Ahh ok. Indices = hour markers. Got it.

Mod looks great.