• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Thank you Ivan for getting back to me. Sorry what do you mean by RL ? Should this 12 o’clock be an issue from the maker or it’s their standard I also ordered 5726 in white dial. I am also unsure about the date and month also the engraving in the case back. Would you be so kind to review the QC. Thanks again much appreciated brother

https://clickpix.org/images/j3UB9W.jpg
https://clickpix.org/images/j3UQMS.jpg

Bro, I understand you are new but try not to ask for too many qc opinions. Reddit may be a better choice for that.

That being said, I'm really not an expert and my eyes are kind of crap, the date and month are slightly off you can reject it but imo its ok. RL means red light or reject. Engraving is almost always okay and rarely an issue. The 5726 is a miyota 9015 with a decoration plate so no matter what it'll never be gen spec. I would accept this one but its up to you brother.

RonP

Renowned Member
11/10/19
UK
I might sell mine , it hasnt appealed to me . Been sitting in the box ever since i got it. The one flaw i cant get over is in the gen the balance wheel has a bunch of ball bearing looking things. Thats why i rarely wear my Vac-Lume modded 15400 ZF

Who cares what the back looks like. You spend 99% of the time looking at the front.

Reactions: Meicmo84

Stuvetjee

Russian Spambot Sales Moderator
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
3/3/14
NL / Schweizer
I might sell mine , it hasnt appealed to me . Been sitting in the box ever since i got it. The one flaw i cant get over is in the gen the balance wheel has a bunch of ball bearing looking things. Thats why i rarely wear my Vac-Lume modded 15400 ZF

you can always trade it against my LW Spidolite Tech Green with gen rubber strap lol

Cheeps

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Patron
Certified
24/11/18
Just got my qc. The white dots are partly fading or are not fully made in the first place. Absolutely shitty considering the price of this watch. Making dots shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Just got my qc. The white dots are partly fading or are not fully made in the first place. Absolutely shitty considering the price of this watch. Making dots shouldn’t be a deal breaker.

Yes I agree. I rejected my first one for that. I got new QC the other day and accepted it. The dots were still bad but not as bad as the first QC. You can look back a few pages at my post to compare your QC to my old one.

Here is accepted QC. Still not great dots, which as I mentioned were much better in earlier batches. Not to mention the minute dots on PPF other watches are great. Not sure why there are problems with this dial.

Reactions: pip72

pip72

21/2/19
Anybody know how to set the power reserve to kind of accurately display what's left. I know it's faux but just seeing if there is a way.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
To all new 5712 rep owners here:

Do you see the green tint of the watch dial?

The micro-rotor isn't stuck and can fully power the watch?

Modding advice (case thinning, case/bracelet refinish, relume)?

Other findings and advice?

Last edited:

hava

You're Saying I Can Sell?
19/11/06

After a long wait to receive from China, I get mine 5712 , I ‘m surprised with the quality . These and noob carbon daytona are awesome , and increase rep quality a lot .

CdRTbDxb

86639869-2-C59-4045-9075-5798-A3-DC180-B.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: grillbrill

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Anybody know how to set the power reserve to kind of accurately display what's left. I know it's faux but just seeing if there is a way.
I thought is not really faux/fixed, it moves it just it doesn't reflect what it says. What you are asking is mod the movement to make the PR work no?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Jamie76

Supporter
Certified
6/7/19
UK
Ordered 19th June, Just received the QC's today so just over 5 weeks wait. Unfortunately had to reject QCs - Blue mark on the 11 hour marker.

jholmeson

15/2/17
Arrived! Ordered May 31, emailed a couple of TDs to see if they had immediate availability - PureTime said they did so went with them but 6/12 they said the watch had problems and they were now out of stock. 6/30 they asked if I wanted another watch, said I’d wait. QC 7/13, US arrival 7/19, delivered 7/26.

Watch has ZF (Z.Factory) hang tag despite initially thinking it’d be coming from PPF. None of the issues I’ve seen with these so far (white dots faded, marker alignment, missing faux jewel, non-functioning rotor or faux bridges falling off, green tint to dial) seem present - hopefully this batch is good for others too and ZF has ironed out the bugs. It is a gorgeous rep, notably shinier polishing, clearer crystal and deeper blue than my older 5711 rep (forget factory but a few years back, maybe PF?).

Have been eager for a good 5712 rep for years since I saw a gen in the wild, had assumed it was just too complex to rep well. This hits the mark. Amazing to see the quality improvements in this hobby as the manufacturing improves and the market demands better quality. Could live without the price increases but it’s still 2% of the price of a gen at MSRP (and 0.5% of the ridiculous grey market price of these) so that’s how I justify it to myself and my girlfriend…

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Ordered 19th June, Just received the QC's today so just over 5 weeks wait. Unfortunately had to reject QCs - Blue mark on the 11 hour marker.

Bro I feel your pain. After a wait of more than a month my first watch had been rejected even by my TD after my QC approval because they had noticed a flaw on the bezel before shipping. The good news is that I had to wait the QC pictures of the second watch for "only" 9 days.

Reactions: Jamie76

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Arrived! Ordered May 31, emailed a couple of TDs to see if they had immediate availability - PureTime said they did so went with them but 6/12 they said the watch had problems and they were now out of stock. 6/30 they asked if I wanted another watch, said I’d wait. QC 7/13, US arrival 7/19, delivered 7/26.

Watch has ZF (Z.Factory) hang tag despite initially thinking it’d be coming from PPF. None of the issues I’ve seen with these so far (white dots faded, marker alignment, missing faux jewel, non-functioning rotor or faux bridges falling off, green tint to dial) seem present - hopefully this batch is good for others too and ZF has ironed out the bugs. It is a gorgeous rep, notably shinier polishing, clearer crystal and deeper blue than my older 5711 rep (forget factory but a few years back, maybe PF?).

Have been eager for a good 5712 rep for years since I saw a gen in the wild, had assumed it was just too complex to rep well. This hits the mark. Amazing to see the quality improvements in this hobby as the manufacturing improves and the market demands better quality. Could live without the price increases but it’s still 2% of the price of a gen at MSRP (and 0.5% of the ridiculous grey market price of these) so that’s how I justify it to myself and my girlfriend…

Would be pretty helpful if we have some of the pictures of this flawless watch you received.

Reactions: P..DR..D

jholmeson

15/2/17
Would be pretty helpful if we have some of the pictures of this flawless watch you received.

Now I look at the damn thing I am seeing the dot issue. Apologies, for some reason thought it was something to do with the dots on the power reserve and was under the spell of having just opened the package this morning. "Swiss" is hard to read at the bottom of the dial also. Ah well. Still a nice rep and a step up. LMK if any more pics would be helpful, had assumed they're all looking the same by this point.

bjROauI.JPG

RiOEz80.JPG