• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

j1m1501

7/4/13
Today I receive my QC pictures. I already accept them but I hope is just the lighting since the dial seems quite dark blue without the green shades

c983232f24d42e7e4eeafecef7df0efa.jpg

00cc850407ab65b27ab3bf08ac93a825.jpg

5c7f27a1bf87eac8d24c9523818860e9.jpg

And now the waiting game to receive it and take pictures on natural light

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Today I receive my QC pictures. I already accept them but I hope is just the lighting since the dial seems quite dark blue without the green shades

Wich is your TD?...after how long has QC sent you?

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

c983232f24d42e7e4eeafecef7df0efa.jpg

00cc850407ab65b27ab3bf08ac93a825.jpg

5c7f27a1bf87eac8d24c9523818860e9.jpg

After a month I'm still waiting for my QC pictures from JTime. Looking forward to seeing your RL pictures. Do you know which factory your watch is from?

j1m1501

7/4/13
In my QC pictures there is not a ZF tag so it is difficult to know for sure the factory

RonyPony

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/16
Australia
Unfortunately one of decorative plates has come off and little bits of shrapnel has fallen inside the movement, Trusty don't seem interested in helping unfortunately....

Anyone in Europe who can get this back up and running for me?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
Unfortunately one of decorative plates has come off and little bits of shrapnel has fallen inside the movement, Trusty don't seem interested in helping unfortunately....

Anyone in Europe who can get this back up and running for me?

I bought 2 of them just for the sake of servicing one of those movements.
They are a pain in the ass!

All the deco plates are just glued on the actual bridges, hence the reason why a lot of QCs seems to have the “misaligned balance jewel”. It’s just the deco plate which has been glued on crooked.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU

All the deco plates are just glued on the actual bridges, hence the reason why a lot of QCs seems to have the “misaligned balance jewel”. It’s just the deco plate which has been glued on crooked.

This is a real PITA! How can you remove those deco plates for service? Is it possible to put them back using real screws at the positions of the fake ones?

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
This is a real PITA! How can you remove those deco plates for service? Is it possible to put them back using real screws at the positions of the fake ones?

I’m afraid not. The actual bridges screws are in different positions, and you can’t just drill holes into the barrel and train wheels bridge to fit some random screws in :(

Reactions: leo6929

RonyPony

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/11/16
Australia

The deco plate was actually perfect when it arrived but its after swinging out of place, if you look at the 6oclock marker you can see some bits if shrapnel that's after entering the movement now and the watch is losing time....

Could you possibly service it and get it going again? Not fussed about the deco plates just getting it back to keeping time.

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
The deco plate was actually perfect when it arrived but its after swinging out of place, if you look at the 6oclock marker you can see some bits if shrapnel that's after entering the movement now and the watch is losing time....

Could you possibly service it and get it going again? Not fussed about the deco plates just getting it back to keeping time.

No problem.
Drop me a PM buddy ;)

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I’m afraid not. The actual bridges screws are in different positions, and you can’t just drill holes into the barrel and train wheels bridge to fit some random screws in :(

I wish the factory would have decorated the original movement without those glued deco plates instead. That way the watch would have been made thinner by some tenths of a millimeter.

Reactions: ssr905

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
I wish the factory would have decorated the original movement without those glued deco plates instead. That way the watch would have been made thinner by some tenths of a millimeter.

Yeah, I second that: the movement doesn’t look remotely close to a genuine cal. 240, so they could’ve at least engrave the actual bridges.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
After a month I'm still waiting for my QC pictures from JTime. Looking forward to seeing your RL pictures. Do you know which factory your watch is from?

Speak of the devil! This afternoon I recieved my QC pictures. :nana:

Reactions: j1m1501