• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
Well i tried the gen 5711 and 5980 , definitely another story. It sits on wrist perfectly and well justified , clasp is solid and 3D engravings are above and beyond. I am not seeking gen quality of course . However, since they made a great looking dial and case , there is definitely a huge potential for a better finished bracelet and clasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah mine's going straight to being refinished will post a review then!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok finally got QC today from PureTime. I am not nitpicking I know this is a rep, but I have noticed some variation in the dials. Here is a picture from this thread showing older QC pictures of another member. And my QC below it which I have concerns about with the white painted minute markers. On my QC the painted minute markers look less full and not as well done as on earlier QC pictures.

Again, I know this is a rep but I am not comparing it to gen pictures, just previous QC pictures. I am deciding if to approve this or not.

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Don’t think that’s nitpicking. Looks bad.

Thanks buddy. I looked back at all the pages here again. Here is my observation: on the older QC pictures, where the movement has the "cup" around the jewel, it seems the dial dots were better executed and more prominent. Whereas the newer QC pictures, which mostly have the "cup" missing around the jewel and not centered jewel, the white minute dots look less well painted and poorly executed.

Here is a picture of the "cup", sorry I don't know the proper term for this.

This could be some variation between the PPF and the Green Maker versions.

Reactions: pip72

dwjpaypal

Renowned Member
Certified
24/9/10
Has anyone had one of these recently? Been waiting 2 months for one from jTime, he said about 3 weeks ago there was only 2 in front of me but I’ve no heard anything??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

j1m1501

7/4/13
This watch seams to be out of stock. I order mine and pay on 11/6 from PureTime and Elena inform me on 02/07 that it is needed two more weeks for QC.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Has anyone had one of these recently? Been waiting 2 months for one from jTime, he said about 3 weeks ago there was only 2 in front of me but I’ve no heard anything??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ouch, I've been waiting mine for "only" a month from JTime. :eek:

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Thanks buddy. I looked back at all the pages here again. Here is my observation: on the older QC pictures, where the movement has the "cup" around the jewel, it seems the dial dots were better executed and more prominent. Whereas the newer QC pictures, which mostly have the "cup" missing around the jewel and not centered jewel, the white minute dots look less well painted and poorly executed.

Here is a picture of the "cup", sorry I don't know the proper term for this.

This could be some variation between the PPF and the Green Maker versions.

Was covered earlier in the thread. Basically that hole is supposed to have a fake jewel put in there and it was when it was green factory. Newer examples have that decorative jewel missing and the deco plate does not perfectly align with the actual real jewel below it. All of them are this way now, including the one I just got yesterday.

Karlus

Renowned Member
4/7/17
Ok finally got QC today from PureTime. I am not nitpicking I know this is a rep, but I have noticed some variation in the dials. Here is a picture from this thread showing older QC pictures of another member. And my QC below it which I have concerns about with the white painted minute markers. On my QC the painted minute markers look less full and not as well done as on earlier QC pictures.
Again, I know this is a rep but I am not comparing it to gen pictures, just previous QC pictures. I am deciding if to approve this or not.

I just got mine in yesterday and the same thing. Up close the dots dont look amazing. I would guess that corners are being cut with the transition to ZF, but I dont have macro from the Green factory dots to compare.

I said "yes" because I think you will have a darn hard time resolving the dots with the naked eye.

My thought is this thing is 95% great and I don't focus on the 5% miss. The chances of you running into someone that can point out flaws is infinitesimal, and in person, this thing just looks amazing. I like it so much, I am going to order a 2nd one (because I missed out buying a bunch of Noob Daytonas and at some point they are not going to make this one anymore)

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
I understand. However if you check old QC pictures in this thread the white dots are perfect

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
I've heard that fixing the protruding crown might be harder than in case of 5711 due to the case shaping of 5712. Has anyone done it? This is still a theoretical question from me because I'm still waiting the QC pictures of my order.

Recklays

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
1/8/16
Hey guys, I am honestly impressed. Order the watch 3 weeks ago and My TD just received it today (with ZF tag ofc). Here is an Imgur with some pictures including the clasp pin.
https://imgur.com/a/BhMe3cH

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant RWI

Peguine

Mac and Cheese sucks
18/3/19
At a mcdonalds birthday party
If i could give any feedback to the Chinese factories it would be to create a plastic template for the markers for the nautilus so that they would always be aligned at the 12 and not crooked anywhere else hahahah.

Recklays

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
1/8/16
Dots from 8 till 10 look bad imo.

It looks so, I agree. I think it is a common flaw because I saw it on watches from other users on this post. It is so small I dont think it is that noticable.

Bullflo3

Certified
13/2/18
Finally received my QC pics...Un sure if i'll accept or not. I have the titled 6:00 marker like I believe TonySoprano1 did which is a bit of a bummer for me. My question is about the clasp though. Is that slight gap on the hinge normal? On the left side when looking directly at the pic. My concern is that it would have too much play in the clasp if not normal..

Gloriousalpha

Horology Curious
23/6/19
I've heard that fixing the protruding crown might be harder than in case of 5711 due to the case shaping of 5712. Has anyone done it? This is still a theoretical question from me because I'm still waiting the QC pictures of my order.

This is legend legendary work on my piece, cost $175 including shipping. Will receive next week and give some better pictures. So far the crown mod looks absolutely incredible