• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

jcguo0516

4/12/18
exactly, even if they see the movement, i highly doubt they could recognize it's a rep movement right off the bat

There’s probably 3 additional gen versions for all we know. Not sure why anyone would want to stare at gen pics on line to work out gen vs rep difference on a watch that you’ll never see irl. More likely to see a unicorn

Sent from the RWI App

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
The 5712 isn’t really a “unicorne” I’ve seen them everywhere here in my hometown. The 5980 is might a rarer to see in the nautilus family...

Last edited:
Reactions: BIONONE

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
The 5712 isn’t really a “unicorne” I’ve seen them everywhere here in my hometown. The 5980 is might a consider a rare to see in the nautilus family...

I have to agree I’ve seen a lot of 5712’s and other nautilus models, predominantly in Israel and in the more southern areas of France. I think a lot of the rarity of a watch comes down to location and social circles.

Sent from my 15202

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I have to agree I’ve seen a lot of 5712’s and other nautilus models, predominantly in Israel and in the more southern areas of France. I think a lot of the rarity of a watch comes down to location and social circles.

Sent from my 15202

Agree, I was in the south of France in 2019 and at a party I was at, 4 people were wearing Gen 5711s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
Agree, I was in the south of France in 2019 and at a party I was at, 4 people were wearing Gen 5711s.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Out of interest and curiosity, how did you know they were gens because from a wrist distance I can never tell ????.

Sent from my 15202

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
Out of interest and curiosity, how did you know they were gens because from a wrist distance I can never tell ????.

Sent from my 15202

You wouldn’t wear a Rep In this specific environment because many wold know and it would’ve very embarrassing to be caught out.

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
You wouldn’t wear a Rep In this specific environment because many wold know and it would’ve very embarrassing to be caught out.

Interesting, to be completely honestly I don’t see why anyone would care all that much. I guess some people are just funny about their gens.

Sent from my 15202

Reactions: Yachtmaster_Chris

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20
If you are a member of specific club and surrounded by gen watches owner, im sure you will wear your gen casio than your fake rolex.

Most of people dont care to talk about your fake watch in front of you, but they care to bully your fake watch behind you. Well that happened in my country, thats why i have 2 gen watches to wear in case I invited to the party.

kevBquick

9/10/18
Yep, you are indeed correct. Was just hoping Kev would realize what day it was released on, and make the connection himself.

Sorry so busy with work stuff...i took a moment to just read an article that was in my top lists in google and didn't realize that at all. Seriously didn't even feel like April fools is a thing anymore. totally forgot....and here i am on 4/4/21 not realizing it till I come back on the forum. probably should have read more. busy times....which is a good thing. not realizing it....not so cool. apologies.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
If you are a member of specific club and surrounded by gen watches owner, im sure you will wear your gen casio than your fake rolex.

Most of people dont care to talk about your fake watch in front of you, but they care to bully your fake watch behind you. Well that happened in my country, thats why i have 2 gen watches to wear in case I invited to the party.

THIS. I have a few high end gen's but more fakes as it's fun and perfect for travel ( so no worries about losing them or getting robbed).

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13

When did you lose your virginity ???? Genuine question buddy... Try to become a man would you... that will help the quality of post you make here...

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire

I wear what I want, when I want, regardless of where I am.

If people want to comment on the price of my watch, says more about their character than it does mine.

Maybe I feel like dropping €20 on a watch to mark an occasion, maybe I feel like spending '000's.
Maybe I'm wearing a watch gifted or inherited, just coz.
Does it matter, not for a second.

The day I start caring about what other people think is the day I'll be in the ground :D

Last edited:

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠

Sorry to hear about your experience. Doesn’t sound like a friendly club worth joining ;) then again I don’t care as much about what others think either.

I own gens and reps because I like the model of that specific watch. Maybe it’s not repped or the quality isn’t up to my standards. If you are constantly worried about what people think of you or your attire, I feel bad for you. Enjoy your watches and wear in good health.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20

I made my comment base on this.
if you dont like my comment, or you think my comment offense you, then its your problem. Im not attacking anyone. Buy n wear what you think its good for you, its your money, I dont care at all.
unsubscribed this thread.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Sorry to hear about your experience. Doesn’t sound like a friendly club worth joining ;) then again I don’t care as much about what others think either.

I own gens and reps because I like the model of that specific watch. Maybe it’s not repped or the quality isn’t up to my standards. If you are constantly worried about what people think of you or your attire, I feel bad for you. Enjoy your watches and wear in good health.

100% agree.
Your true friends don't ever tear you down or talk behind your back. They prop you up and support you.

But back to the incoming 5712...

Reactions: LebronXiJames

Valentz

Honest Scammer
Supporter
7/5/20

You dont have to sorry, I choose to mix my hobby with gen n rep based on where i live and im not forcing anyone to follow.
You are free to choose yours, mate. Thank you have a good day.

Reactions: P..DR..D

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Waiting for my QC as well.

Side note: Anyone have any suggestions on a push pin tool/stylus to use for setting the date & moonphase? I of course looked up a gen stylus just to see & that was north of $600. Found a Franck Muller stylus for $100. Trying to avoid using a random tool around the house at risk of excess scratching. I don't need a watch brand version per se, just something of decent quality.