• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
Looks great interested in seeing first deliveries to members. Could be a buy for me. Always my grail.

LuminorReptar

RepTime BST Mod
27/3/17
Beyond the Pines.
As time passes, the PR hand simply moves up and down, it doesn't really indicate anything beside it can move. If you watch the first video I shared from around 4:56 you can see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I feel like if true this is kind of a silly way to try and "improve" a non-functioning PR indicator... would have been better to just leave it fixed at full power.

Imagine wearing it over the course of a few hours, where in gen it would just stay fixed at full power, instead this watch would go from full PR to almost empty PR (hypothetically)..

That said it does look really gorgeous in the detailing and blue color. Might be worth picking up and seeing if the PR can be modded to stay fixed.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
Trusty does not seem to offer the 5712 yet. I only see a couple variations from October of last year.

$700 is too steep for me, imo it is a price as it would have a clone movement and (after reading through the thread) it is clearly not

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Trusty does not seem to offer the 5712 yet. I only see a couple variations from October of last year.

$700 is too steep for me, imo it is a price as it would have a clone movement and (after reading through the thread) it is clearly not
I don't mind paying 800 for a clone, considering how 3K charges for its clone and is time and date only. This has complications which warrants a slightly higher price which I'm happy to pay for.

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
I feel like if true this is kind of a silly way to try and "improve" a non-functioning PR indicator... would have been better to just leave it fixed at full power.

Imagine wearing it over the course of a few hours, where in gen it would just stay fixed at full power, instead this watch would go from full PR to almost empty PR (hypothetically)..

That said it does look really gorgeous in the detailing and blue color. Might be worth picking up and seeing if the PR can be modded to stay fixed.
Well that's what the videos suggested (pls check it out). It has been mentioned the PR for the prior verison works (but other complications doesn't) and that's the sacrifice for the correct dial layout, which is the most crucial IMHO before functionality (since we are talking about reps here). Personally I would prefer the PR to work but you can't have everything, but I would prefer the PR to move a bit as I don't like it static personally.

I had a quick look on seagull movements, it seems they do offer this complications (moon phase, date and PR) just the wrong dial configuration and normal rotor.

I would prefer if this is around the 500 mark, kinda just over the 5711 but not too much.

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
I don't mind paying 800 for a clone, considering how 3K charges for its clone and is time and date only. This has complications which warrants a slightly higher price which I'm happy to pay for.

Agreed, but this is not a clone movement as at least one of the complications (power reserve) does not work like a PR should work. So do not understand the large price point (vs the v1 from October. Maybe it’s a margin for the geen factory helping out?

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
Agreed, but this is not a clone movement as at least one of the complications (power reserve) does not work like a PR should work. So do not understand the large price point (vs the v1 from October. Maybe it’s a margin for the geen factory helping out?

The one from October was way too thick at 10.5m. This new version is 9.3-9.5 compared to genes 8.52m. Also, I think we are not giving enough credit to this new releases dial color and layout. I mean, we’ve had issues with blue dial tones for years with the 5711, the 5726 and the 5712. This new 5712 truly looks to have the slight green hue that we’ve always wanted out of these Nautilus (judging by OP pics). And everything appears to line up quite well. There’s no way a PR that doesn’t function per gen is going to stop me from getting this watch while all other functions appear to work properly. Personally I’d rather have the moon phase function over the PR as it’s something more unique to look at. And once a v3/v4 comes out with the addition of a functioning PR (1.5/2years from now?) I’ll dump this and upgrade.

Last edited:

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
tough call...if the only difference between v1 and this new edition is simply dial cosmetics, the extra $250 is a pretty hefty premium, yet i'm still considering it since i do like the 5712 very much and who knows how long it will take for other factories to get involved, hopefully pushing down the price...and then again all that may happen is that prices get pushed upwards, which will have rendered the waiting moot. i'm a pretty rational person and can probably come up with as many reasons to buy this iteration as i can not to, but in the end the decision i'm sure will come down to simply how badly do i want it now...and i'll spend the rest of my time rationalizing my decision...and watching the wandering pr meter, which i can also live with lol

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Actually, I've just messaged JTime and seeing what the actual price is... 438 or 668USD

The new version on the left of the video I genuinely thought was the gen until he flipped it over.

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
I did as well and was told the same price as puretime ($688)

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

vince_hiro

Renowned Member
14/7/16
but is it out for shipment already once we ordered?
from the video, it say that is a sample watch made by the factory and most of our TD didn't really post it other than puretime. maybe it will soon be all over everyone's TD website.

wait and see. . .

RedBearrd

Wrist Admirer
Certified
22/11/17
The Netherlands 🇳🇱
The one from October was way too thick at 10.5m. This new version is 9.3-9.5 compared to genes 8.52m. Also, I think we are not giving enough credit to this new releases dial color and layout. I mean, we’ve had issues with blue dial tones for years with the 5711, the 5726 and the 5712. This new 5712 truly looks to have the slight green hue that we’ve always wanted out of these Nautilus (judging by OP pics). And everything appears to line up quite well. There’s no way a PR that doesn’t function per gen is going to stop me from getting this watch while all other functions appear to work properly. Personally I’d rather have the moon phase function over the PR as it’s something more unique to look at. And once a v3/v4 comes out with the addition of a functioning PR (1.5/2years from now?) I’ll dump this and upgrade.

A very valid point: the dial! This is what my eye in the video in the first place so what I am fussing about the pr. Moon phase works. Thanks for the insights. Giving this wat u some
positive thoughts

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
Puretime are running a huge backlog of QC pics anyway.
I am expecting a long wait on this one tbh but that’s cool, I’ve waited 15 years for a 5712 rep.

Reactions: BIONONE

jcguo0516

4/12/18
just ordered from PT, they told me QC probably gonna be next week

tho I agree with most of the comment, 1. price point is a bit high, but I've heard the owner of the factory bought a gen(¥570, 000 rmb) to rep it, so i can understand why they would charge this high

2. I would also prefer PR stay at max and not move, but i don't mind it move like a gmt, not a deal breaker in my book

3. 5712 is my favorite model of all time of all watches, i mean talk about the dial placement and the dial color, to me, and my 2. 0 eyes, they look on point!!! this is way more important to me than the PR or the price point, let alone all other functions works just fine, thats why i bought it, i just love this model

will also share some QC with you guys if some of you guys wanna to wait before ordering

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
just ordered from PT, they told me QC probably gonna be next week

tho I agree with most of the comment, 1. price point is a bit high, but I've heard the owner of the factory bought a gen(¥570, 000 rmb) to rep it, so i can understand why they would charge this high

2. I would also prefer PR stay at max and not move, but i don't mind it move like a gmt, not a deal breaker in my book

3. 5712 is my favorite model of all time of all watches, i mean talk about the dial placement and the dial color, to me, and my 2. 0 eyes, they look on point!!! this is way more important to me than the PR or the price point, let alone all other functions works just fine, thats why i bought it, i just love this model

will also share some QC with you guys if some of you guys wanna to wait before ordering

Look forward to seeing them so, thank you, much appreciated