• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Here was Jennifer's response to me:

您好

Green 厂 被查了,可能以后都不会重新开工。目前我们没有办法拿到货

Jennifer

Basically says that "Green Maker factory was inspected (by the authorities), and may not be reopened in the future. We cannot get the goods at the moment".

This is truly the worst news ever in the rep world. These raids are terrible for the future of reps.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Trusty had sent me QC pics but later today me that there was a problem in the clasp and so they didn't ship it. Happened just around raids, not sure I believe my TD (I think they wanted to keep the watch given that green factory might not come back). Anyways, I don't have facts to backup my suspicion.

On to another topic...
Trusty has finally posted a video of the 5712.
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22966
I don't know if it my eyes, but the second hand is not moving smoothly for a 3Hz movement (seems to stutter a bit more). Look at the video from 1:00 min marker. What do you folks think? I have a low beat AP diver and the hand motion is smoother than this.

Here is a gen with a smoother second hand sweep.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=patek+5712

Maybe I am overthinking this but improper hand sweep drives me nuts ;)

Last edited:

Anadrol5

14/10/18
Trusty had sent me QC pics but later today me that there was a problem in the clasp and so they didn't ship it. Happened just around raids, not sure I believe my TD (I think they wanted to keep the watch given that green factory might not come back). Anyways, I don't have facts to backup my suspicion.

On to another topic...
Trusty has finally posted a video of the 5712.
https://trustytime.io/index.php?main...ducts_id=22966
I don't know if it my eyes, but the second hand is not moving smoothly for a 3Hz movement (seems to stutter a bit more). Look at the video from 1:00 min marker. What do you folks think? I have a low beat AP diver and the hand motion is smoother than this.

Here is a gen with a smoother second hand sweep.
https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=patek+5712

Maybe I am overthinking this but improper hand sweep drives me nuts ;)

I don't think you will ever have to worry about an improper handsweep driving you nuts because chances are neither you, nor the rest of us, is likely to ever get our hands on this watch. As you know, green factory is most likely closed for good.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
I don't think you will ever have to worry about an improper handsweep driving you nuts because chances are neither you, nor the rest of us, is likely to ever get our hands on this watch. As you know, green factory is most likely closed for good.

My local dealer said even most of the factories are raided but they will definitely come back, it is just the matter of time. Keep your hopes up guys.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20

The factories will be back guys.

I tend to agree, or at least I certainly hope so. Hard to know for sure since so many different reports. TDs range from cautious to cautiously optimistic...one non-TD I spoke to was acting like nothing was wrong at all when I asked them about NOOB and the raids: "oh, no problem ordering...nothing wrong" LOL. And if you go by info on PT's site, some big names are listed as permanently closed. NOOB with their Daytona movement and Green Maker with the 5712 - they didn't even have a chance to get started and this model is a knockout. One thing is for sure, with so much money left on the table, I find it hard, almost impossible to believe they won't be back in some form or other. Maybe under a new name or entity. The delay sucks for sure, however...

krkqm2008

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
29/4/18
Dallas Texas
They always come back ... like the above person said... its to lucrative not to try and make the watch again.

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
They always come back ... like the above person said... its to lucrative not to try and make the watch again.

Hopefully. Second I saw it I wanted it, so fingers crossed.

customclout

Known Member
16/10/18
I would imagine a significant amount of money was spent to develop this watch. Hard to believe it would be written off like that as a sunken cost never to be revived.

I imagine it will be available in due time. Or I could be completely wrong and boy I sure hope I’m not.

Reactions: JonathanLing91

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
I would imagine a significant amount of money was spent to develop this watch. Hard to believe it would be written off like that as a sunken cost never to be revived.

I imagine it will be available in due time. Or I could be completely wrong and boy I sure hope I’m not.

I think they will come back too, but there were some models indeed only made a short run, like the breguet tradition series.