• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
Yup yup. Just keeping the good people updated.

I’m not a panicked person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thats a very fine piece that you ordered really looking forward for real life reviews... )

pip72

21/2/19
Still no QCs...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I e-mailed Jennifer and Shuang at PT here is what they said. Factories are closed to avoid issues now due to recent raids. I am afraid you will need to wait for some more time until everything is back up. Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
"they're still closed for the time being :( We could only wait patiently for "

That's all I got yesterday. It's going to be a looooong wait. Buckle up.

Bummer, I have one in order too. Haha it’s ok I got a new RF bluesy to keep me company

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

onlyrolexes

26/12/20
I have to keep telling myself that this rep is something I never thought I would ever see. That's kicks me back to reality.

Agreed. Someone said previously in the thread that this is the most exciting rep since the Noob Daytona and I’d have to agree.

Too bad ARF did a shit job on their GMT movement otherwise that would have been a hit too

Reactions: nnts8 and RedBearrd

nnts8

Horology Curious
11/6/14
Agreed. Someone said previously in the thread that this is the most exciting rep since the Noob Daytona and I’d have to agree.

Too bad ARF did a shit job on their GMT movement otherwise that would have been a hit too

Likewise you are absolutely right. Definitely one of the most exciting ones after daytona models. Hopefully, the next version could be even better who knows!

Reactions: onlyrolexes

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
I didn't even know I needed this watch untill I seen it on nirvana wrist.I was going to get a noob Daytona but this watch looks incredible!hopefully all our TDs get us all good examples.

may our TDs bless us with white lume and 2 dots above the 48,I can live with the protruding crown.

pip72

21/2/19
Well you been around long enough I guess you know the drills... ;)

Yes I do, I ordered from 702Watches.com and waited in agony for months for a piece of junk and sent it back and waited even longer for another shitter. What a nightmare PT has been good to me for sure.

Anadrol5

14/10/18
I apologise if this is a little off topic but seeing that there no recent QC pics to discuss I feel its not too big of a sin.

Is it just me or are recent price increases in the grey market for (gen) PP and AP watches just crazy. Even more so than before. A PP 5164 I had half a mind to buy less than a year ago is now double the price. An AP chronograph I almost bought pre-pandemic is now more than double the price. Do people actually pay $100k for the same watch they saw for $50k less than a year ago? You would think that a worldwide recession would bring prices down niot up. Also, are people actually willing to pay more for a plain Nautilus (5711 $150k) over a complicated Nautilus (5990 $130k) or indeed a 5712 in discussion here? This is all just so out of control.

Last edited:
Reactions: P..DR..D

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I apologise if this is a little off topic but seeing that there no recent QC pics to discuss I feel its not too big of a sin.

Is it just me or are recent price increases in the grey market for (gen) PP and AP watches just crazy. Even more so than before. A PP 5164 I had half a mind to buy less than a year ago is now double the price. An AP chronograph I almost bought pre-pandemic is now more than double the price. Do people actually pay $100k for the same watch they saw for $50k less than a year ago? You would think that a worldwide recession would bring prices down niot up. Also, are people actually willing to pay more for a plain Nautilus (5711 $150k) over a complicated Nautilus (5990 $130k) or indeed a 5712 in discussion here? This is all just so out of control.

Whilst not AP/PP, same general concepts discussed in the below probably broadly apply.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/for...es-so-inflated

The market will always land at the price point people are willing to pay, who's to say whether that's right/wrong, it depends.

Look at this rep for example, ~$200 more than the average/previous, so is it worth it, only the customers will decide at the end of the day & we actually discussed it earlier iirc, with varied opinions.

I myself wouldnt pay double for a watch I saw previously half that price, but what if you thought it'd double again,after all, what do they say, ya have to speculate to accumulate.. ;)

Last edited:

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20

This worldwide recession you speak of has indeed curbed the spending habits of the average consumer, but the folks able to shell out big money for luxury items are not the average consumer. Luxury watch auctions are bringing in record totals (just look at what the Paul Newman Daytona and PP Grandmaster Chime went for). Brands like Hermès are still recording year over year profits. If anything, the pandemic has caused these people to spend more on luxury goods because there’s nothing else to spend money on. They surely can’t spend it traveling, like they normally would...I live in Seoul and I see it all around me. BMW, Benz and Tesla have recorded record sales amidst the pandemic, so yes it makes sense.

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: P..DR..D

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
This worldwide recession you speak of has indeed curbed the spending habits of the average consumer, but the folks able to shell out big money for luxury items are not the average consumer. Luxury watch auctions are bringing in record totals (just look at what the Paul Newman Daytona and PP Grandmaster Chime went for). Brands like Hermès are still recording year over year profits. If anything, the pandemic has caused these people to spend more on luxury goods because there’s nothing else to spend money on. They surely can’t spend it traveling, like they normally would...I live in Seoul and I see it all around me. BMW, Benz and Tesla have recorded record sales amidst the pandemic, so yes it makes sense.

Sent from the RWI App

I think an easier answer is the rich have gotten richer during the pandemic. There's a lot more money flowing into the capitalist class.