• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

T'Challa

You're Saying I Can Sell?
22/7/19
From my limited understanding of Mandarin, the Power Reserve does not work like a PR should (where the older ugly version he was comparing to does work).
What i think it does based on the video, is like a 24h time indicator - it moves as the time moves (goes back and forth pendulum-style). It reaches the end (48h) when the hands cross 12 midnight and then goes backwards returning to the top of (12h), and then down towards (48h) again.

Guy in video said you have to accept this minor flaw amidst the rest of the good work, as to get a working PR would have cost more or was not feasible with the rest of the design priorities.
It was also mentioned at the start that this is the first great iteration of the 5712 and there might be modifications to it in future (timestamp 3:19)

But the dial is indeed pretty awesome to look at and very tempting just for looks.

xpresso

Known Member
18/2/17
?

moonphase is clearly working, looks at the video.
I'm not expert about the power reserve but you can clearly see when he shakes the watch the pr hand in the dial gone to a full power.

The power reserve is modified to "hour indicator", as the factory is not able to make micro rotor having a power reserve. It just let it move back and forth...
Smart idea, I must say...

Reactions: vcappp

SchittsforBrains

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/2/21
I'm actually quite confused as to which factory is producing this watch, I've heard some TDs say its a PF v2 and other TDs say its a new factory called Green Factory. Either way, compared to my gen they have the dial color pretty spot on this time around.

Reactions: vcappp

Apniceguy

3/3/20
I think the other functions are more likely important from the pr, so if this is what neex to be sacrificed it's a good deal.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
This is a very exciting release. The dial color and layout looks pretty solid. Wish the PR was functioning but having the rest of the complications functioning is sufficient for me to order

Hope they add a little red color to the PR counter, when it gets less then 12~ hours. Any TD links yet? Curious what the cost is

Apniceguy

3/3/20
Talk with Jtime,
he said it's basically pf watch but recently they got raided so green factory helping them with this release.

Price is 438$

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Green factory is releasing lots of PP models in the last days...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Ruben Bleijlevens

Known Member
10/2/17
The "moondisc" dosn't look well from the pictures from Puretime. It looks like a gap....
1e8a5d9d6ea2b53a0c845b9348150dd4.jpg

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G988B met Tapatalk

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
The power reserve is modified to "hour indicator", as the factory is not able to make micro rotor having a power reserve. It just let it move back and forth...
Smart idea, I must say...

Sorry I’m a bit confused, care to elaborate? So what will 12 24 36 and 48 indicate in reality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Sorry I’m a bit confused, care to elaborate? So what will 12 24 36 and 48 indicate in reality?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As time passes, the PR hand simply moves up and down, it doesn't really indicate anything beside it can move. If you watch the first video I shared from around 4:56 you can see what I mean.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk