• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Congrats on the new piece and thanks for sharing some insight. I’m glad to see from your 3rd photo that the red does “pop” well on the date and PR. If possible, can you post some day-light photos? I’m interested in seeing the different dynamics of the dials color.

Sure I will post some outdoor pics tomorrow. It's 9:37pm here now. Cheers~

marcoxxxx84

17/4/17
6fae3417d7fbe9af58b32ed416da8dbc.jpg

5e6fa434490fb0d406baf87f745e3457.jpg

3fa51b803d8f589be6b88461db443887.jpg

how is the crown and cg in real life? Are you going to mod them?
thanks

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
how is the crown and cg in real life? Are you going to mod them?
thanks

cg is pretty refined and crown is pretty sharp. Despite a little bit longer than gen crown, I don't see any issue. The little extra length is probably the only "obvious tell" visually. But I doubt if even most gen owners can spot this.

Reactions: P..DR..D

pip72

21/2/19
Z7wnE2.jpg
Z7wryn.jpg
Z7w83E.jpg
Z7wt43.jpg
Z7wBcs.jpg

Looks like I am the first to receive this baby! Few initial observations:

1. The blue is a bit darker than I expected, but miles better than PPF's.
2. Bracelet and clasps are very clean and pretty well made in rep world. Also quite tight, could use some break in. Same thing happened to my JF AP RO, got smoother after few months, so no worry there.
3. Movement looks pretty shiny and well made. Micro-rotor spins well. To 99.9% of people they wouldn't know this is a rep movement.
4. Threw in a gen for wristshot comparison, comfort wise it's nowhere near gen (like most of us expected). But for the money this is the one that you can't miss.

Does the moonphase work at all?

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Yes the moonphase move 1-click around midnight. Everything works except the power reserve.

I'm not sure if this was questioned about earlier, but is this gonna be a manual winder or is that spinny spinny micro rotor in the back actually functional.

Last edited:

Doud

I'm Pretty Popular
5/11/12
Z7wnE2.jpg
Z7wryn.jpg
Z7w83E.jpg
Z7wt43.jpg
Z7wBcs.jpg

Looks like I am the first to receive this baby! Few initial observations:

1. The blue is a bit darker than I expected, but miles better than PPF's.
2. Bracelet and clasps are very clean and pretty well made in rep world. Also quite tight, could use some break in. Same thing happened to my JF AP RO, got smoother after few months, so no worry there.
3. Movement looks pretty shiny and well made. Micro-rotor spins well. To 99.9% of people they wouldn't know this is a rep movement.
4. Threw in a gen for wristshot comparison, comfort wise it's nowhere near gen (like most of us expected). But for the money this is the one that you can't miss.

How is the colour in real life? On your first picture it looks a lot more blue and less grey/green. Does that reflect the real life colours or is it just the lighting?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pip72

21/2/19
Damn

“There is bad news that some Makers got raided recently , most factories stop taking orders for now ,and we have no idea when exactly they'll be back ,maybe in one or two weeks time ,that means we're not able to handle your order timely as usual.
Our apologies sincerely for the troubles ,hope you understand and give more patience on this matter.”

I ordered mine from puretime when it first came out. Are they going to be able to ship? I e-mailed puretime sales but haven't heard back.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
I ordered mine from puretime when it first came out. Are they going to be able to ship? I e-mailed puretime sales but haven't heard back.

I read on one of the threads that some of the TDs have gone quiet, alongside several of the factories, because of the raids, so it may be that you wont be getting any replies for a few days. Maybe you'll be unaffected, but just have to wait and see unfortunately.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Spoke with Li today. Release has been delayed until further notice (because of raids).

tinitonsi

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
21/3/14
My TD told me to wait another week because of the raids too

kevBquick

9/10/18
so how is that PR working....i know its not really a functional item but i'm seeing it in different positions in the pics.

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
How is the colour in real life? On your first picture it looks a lot more blue and less grey/green. Does that reflect the real life colours or is it just the lighting?

Z7ReeL.jpg

I believe it was the white balance being inaccurate on my phone. Few hours into the morning here and the dial color stays dark blue. This baby is awesome under daylight. A week earlier there's no way I would believe this is a rep!

Last edited:

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
so how is that PR working....i know its not really a functional item but i'm seeing it in different positions in the pics.

Think of it as GMT. My dealer told me that GREEN factory put a lot of effort to make it moves rather than a fixed fake PR.

Last edited:

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Another tell that I just spotted, the center pin is gold color, PPF's have smaller hole (as per gen) and don't have this issue.

Last edited: