• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

TonySoprano1

12/6/13
I made a comparison photo

4ce391f5c0322013f7774b6ec9d6f315.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mind blowing.

Benjijm

Gold Patron
29/4/18
A couple of things come to mind looking at the comparison. 1. No more fat first link the, looks more gen like. 2. The moon is slightly too small. 3. The moonphase dial is too small. And finally the print is too bold and raised. Hands markers and the rest of the dial look perfect but don’t get me started on the red (Daytona situation all over again) I can see GMF making a lot of versions of this.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
Immediate things I notice other than the movement is the moonphase disc and the crown sticking out by 1/2 mm or so.

Other than that, I'm impressed.

That’s pretty much been an issue with every other 5711 release as well, so I didn’t have high hopes for the crown, but on to the good stuff and the good stuff is REALLY good. Just look at the last iteration none of us would go near with the subdials in the wrong position. This is near spot on. Moonphase works as it should. Passable clear caseback highlighting micro rotor. Yes it’s not finished nearly as nicely as gen, but whose is? It’s still good. Color is also good. Power reserves moves a little wonkily and that’s all I can say for that lol. But on all my watches with functioning PR, I don’t pay them that much attention. It’s going in the winder or I’m going to wind it irrespective of whether it needs it. At this point, something would have to go seriously wrong, something stupid like not enough glue applied to appliqué numeral batons causing them to fall after a day or two, or a seconds subdial with a mind of its own just spinning generating wind from inside the case...you get what I’m saying - utterly ridiculous, for me to be disappointed given the state of how things look so far. I’m going to start at home run and mark down from there as necessary...And I’m happy to be the guinea pig if my qcs come in first...

From there I’ll look at trying to find the new olive dial 5711. Lot more for pp enthusiasts to be excited about than the latest Rolex models

Sent from the RWI App

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
So much to like and every video or pic just reiterated that point in my head. Look how far it’s come since the first 5712 rep with the wonky subdials in the wrong positions. Moonphase works, don’t care about the crown protruding by 1mm because it always has on all 5711 based models and is easily fixed by any modder. Great dial color, did I mention the great moonphase? Lol and the wandering PR? Don’t know about you but I’ve never relied on that on any of my watches watches. It sits in a winder and I wind when I feel like it, which is more often than not. Nice looking micro rotor, obviously not finished to gen spec, but it’s a working microrotor. I’m sure I’ll be playing around with that as well. It’s just gets more positive each day, and barring any unforeseeable tragedies such as the adhesives holding the applique batons in place just failing to hold or a speedy seconds dial with a mind of its own? This is a massive success. It’s safe to say I’ll be marking this sucker as a home run and working my criticisms down from there. Let’s stop the tease and see them QC pics by after the weekend boys.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Saw this yesterday and instantly fell in love. Pre-ordered with my local Chinese dealer and should able to get it in a week. Only takes 2 days to deliver from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. :)

Reactions: Kang_salavtore

fire007

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
1/3/13
How do you guys come up with this 100k price tag?

Just because you find them on chrono24 listed for 80+ doesn't really mean they sell for such price, (please prove me wrong otherwise). The 5712 is not a ''special' piece nor a particular nautilus ref, its still in production and retail is : 39'750 EUR. If you can afford that price tag chances to get one very soon from an AD re very high.

Please don't focus on price speculation just to make somehow feel better or justify whatever for whatever reason, but just focus on topic give us community, more input on this new rep release.

agree

Legit grey market dealers, that's where market at ;)

Reactions: Hinclimincli

nirvana0002

Known Member
7/3/18
Next to PPF
2fe35ae7eda94362725351a0d9a630a6.png

I watched that video too, the PPF dial color (which has significantly improved over the years) looks so bad in comparison when this new factory got 99% right (will find out tomorrow in person) on the first try. It got me thinking if the factories were purposely missing the mark to keep the business moving.

Last edited:

Adders

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/3/19
Key question is will this dial colour be one to stay or will it quickly disappear like the BP Hulk?

Reactions: pip72