• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New 5712 rep?

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I don't know if I am being too demanding but to me this watch screams rep from a mile....the dial is no way near the gen, the lunar phases disc is sunken, font too bold, wrong color, I know it's the best rep for the 5712 out, but it looks so cheap compared to a 5712.

It’s 1.53% the price of the genuine.... all things considered it’s a pretty damn good first attempt.

Also, we may see colors differently but the dial color is 80% of the way there IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
On topic please guys.

still awaiting my QCs. Anybody else?

Not sure what you were told but I was told that the watch would be available starting the 10th, so not far off. I imagine there are/will be an initial stampede of orders and I’m hoping I’ll see one from the first batch. Even more, I’m hoping I can gl right away and not have to wait for a second go...

Sent from the RWI App

Reactions: P..DR..D

jcguo0516

4/12/18
ummm yes you are, "screams rep from a mile" no it doesnt, in the video, he was a owner of 5712, and sold in 2018, basically in the videos, he said he doesnt believe the dial when he first saw the picture, not until he had the watch in his hands, "there is no flaws from social distance" his own words. "the dial is no way near the gen" unless you have hold gen on your hand and side by side with this rep, i dont think this is a valid argument, you cant compare pictures/videos on internet, every screen has different color configuration

"it looks so cheap compared to a 5712" , brother, we are all in the rep game for a reason, we want a cheap 98% accuary verson of something that we cant afford the genuine version, once you understand it's $700 vs $100,000 you wont say stuff like this

I don't know if I am being too demanding but to me this watch screams rep from a mile....the dial is no way near the gen, the lunar phases disc is sunken, font too bold, wrong color, I know it's the best rep for the 5712 out, but it looks so cheap compared to a 5712.

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
ummm yes you are, "screams rep from a mile" no it doesnt, in the video, he was a owner of 5712, and sold in 2018, basically in the videos, he said he doesnt believe the dial when he first saw the picture, not until he had the watch in his hands, "there is no flaws from social distance" his own words. "the dial is no way near the gen" unless you have hold gen on your hand and side by side with this rep, i dont think this is a valid argument, you cant compare pictures/videos on internet, every screen has different color configuration

"it looks so cheap compared to a 5712" , brother, we are all in the rep game for a reason, we want a cheap 98% accuary verson of something that we cant afford the genuine version, once you understand it's $700 vs $100,000 you wont say stuff like this

On point +1

Reactions: Nutforwatches

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
How do you guys come up with this 100k price tag?

Just because you find them on chrono24 listed for 80+ doesn't really mean they sell for such price, (please prove me wrong otherwise). The 5712 is not a ''special' piece nor a particular nautilus ref, its still in production and retail is : 39'750 EUR. If you can afford that price tag chances to get one very soon from an AD re very high.

Please don't focus on price speculation just to make somehow feel better or justify whatever for whatever reason, but just focus on topic give us community, more input on this new rep release.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
I'm just throwing numbers, price tag isnt my point, im saying its cheap rep vs high quality gen, of course rep gonna look cheap compare to gen, we all know that

How do you guys come up with this 100k price tag?

Just because you find them on chrono24 listed for 80+ doesn't really mean they sell for such price, (please prove me wrong otherwise). The 5712 is not a ''special' piece nor a particular nautilus ref, its still in production and retail is : 39'750 EUR. If you can afford that price tag chances to get one very soon from an AD re very high.

Please don't focus on price speculation just to make somehow feel better or justify whatever for whatever reason, but just focus on topic give us community, more input on this new rep release.

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
I'm just throwing numbers, price tag isnt my point, im saying its cheap rep vs high quality gen, of course rep gonna look cheap compare to gen, we all know that

Exactly. At an AD the price is $45k, on Chrono24 prices are in the 6 figure range. It could be reselling for $900k for all I care, at any realistic price point for this watch it’s way out of budget for 99.9% of people. That’s why for all intents and purposes, and especially if it stays on the wrist, this piece is more than enough. Nobody is expecting Gen quality for 1% of the price, but even if I get 80% of the satisfaction of wearing the gen from this rep I’ll be more than happy.

Kang_salavtore

Renowned Member
21/3/16
d7598b3da8390162adf37557c69ec41e.jpg