• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Fake 5711 Tiffany & Co dial

theREALgoat

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
14/8/14
Fuck this asshole...please report the sale.

https://www.chrono24.com/patekphilip...id18792535.htm

ZwkcJP.jpg

ZwwDaW.jpg

ZwkVdJ.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Rel

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
How do you know it's fake?

Even if the dial was real, it is pointless to purchase it to fit onto a real 5711. Apart from the moral issues, one can order extracts from Tiffany's archives to match the serial number of the watch to the dial - i.e., Tiffany keeps track of which 5711s it stamps. If I buy a rep, I consider the money "gone" essentially, as I won't sell the watch after, just enjoy the design for myself.

Last edited:

theREALgoat

Patron
Certified
14/8/14
How do you know it's fake?

Even if the dial was real, it is pointless to purchase it to fit onto a real 5711. Apart from the moral issues, one can order extracts from Tiffany's archives to match the serial number of the watch to the dial - i.e., Tiffany keeps track of which 5711s it stamps. If I buy a rep, I consider the money "gone" essentially, as I won't sell the watch after, just enjoy the design for myself.

It's clearly a PPF v4 dial, look at the dull pale blue sunburst, and the blocky steel hour markers. He doesn't show the back of the dial at all either. I doubt he's going to find any one keen enough to know what a Tiffany stamped dial is that is simultaneously dumb enough to not inspect every aspect of that dial especially for what would be a ridiculously low price if it were real.

Keylog74

14/6/13
It's clearly a PPF v4 dial, look at the dull pale blue sunburst, and the blocky steel hour markers. He doesn't show the back of the dial at all either. I doubt he's going to find any one keen enough to know what a Tiffany stamped dial is that is simultaneously dumb enough to not inspect every aspect of that dial especially for what would be a ridiculously low price if it were real.

Absolutely correct.

If he shows the backside, the biggest tell will be the wrong feet position which actually makes the dial unusable. (No one will glue a dial into a gen movement )

Second I totally agree if it was gen price would easily go for 30k+

While it’s true that the stamp takes value from the Tiffany certificate that comes with it, I’m sure someone will buy it anyway.

I’m 100% sure that the dial for sale is from someone of the community.

Maybe QueTip has a clue :D

Last edited:
Reactions: KOT1917 and rwacc

SchittsforBrains

You're Saying I Can Sell?
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
1/2/21
Can confirm this is a rep dial, with a bad tiffany & co print. Fonts are incorrect,

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21

Ah OK, thank you for the specification. I'm deep into rolex, less so into patek reps. I've reported the listing through the contact form.

Reactions: Rel

DoctorDark

Known Member
16/2/19
Los Angeles
Dude the font on that one is worse than the one I have on mine. This dick is trying to pass off a rep as a real one and scamming someone.

BIONONE

28/4/17

This +1

centrum

27/7/14
It disgusts me that one would pass off a replica for an authentic watch and sell it. It's the equivalent of child molestation crime in prison, and the person shall be treated like one.

Takes the fun out of this hobby.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kuriwaseku and Rel

srhoque

28/11/18
Look at this scammer's pricing creativity - $5987. Tiffany had sold about 5 of these watches per year worldwide...the possibility of getting a gen Tiffany dial is next to zero, can't believe someone would have the balls to do this.

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
The dial is reserved at C24 atm. Seems the checkout wasn't trusted so the buyer's money might be lost. Anyway I notified C24 about the fake just in case.

Reactions: Rel and theREALgoat

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
could also be that C24 already took it down while they are trying to clear the situation

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
could also be that C24 already took it down while they are trying to clear the situation

C24 marks it as sold. The best we can hope is the buyer identified the replica and agreed with the seller on a fair price.

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
The best we can hope is the buyer identified the replica and agreed with the seller on a fair price.

The seller is a career scammer.

The best you can hope for is that C24 removed it or told him to remove it from sale. The worst is that someone paid $5000 for a $50 dial.