• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen spec 5711 dw project for the 3K movement

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
And so, I have started this project with the experts blackboxes and Edgematic

This will be a gen spec replacement datewheel to be produced for the 3K movement and the reference datewheel was taken from one of the gen 5711s in my collection. Currently, we have completed the high-res, high precision scan. We are also in the process of finalizing the design of the base disc and gear teeth for the datewheel. The 3D printed prototype will be produced and test fitted before production begins, and alignment/refinement work will be involved to ensure that the datewheel fits the movement as precisely as possible. Even for the gen, the datewheel fitment will vary slightly from watch to watch, so please do not expect perfection. We will settle "highly acceptable" fitment.

If you are keen, please watch this space. One of us will update as the project progresses.

It starts here: The high res scan.
ZPzQmn.jpg

More to follow.

BigJimbo

Certified
13/7/14
Amazing project, keeping close to this one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprooholic

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
6/1/21
EU
Amazing project!!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Felixle7

DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
MULTI ACCOUNT
26/4/11
Following

Gesendet von iPhone mit RWI

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
Very interesting, very interesting indeed. I'll be eager to see how this project progresses.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Absolutely stunning, This is much needed!! Thanks to the wonderful team for taking this one.

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Until the project comes to successful fruition I would say that we have room for a few more guys doing the same!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

These projects are not easy but so worthwhile. A highly qualified person to take the task on as well - I really appreciate this. Sign me up for a few of these once they are made! I have a gen date disc as well, I'll take a pic of mine to compare as I'd love to see if there are any differences between batches at Patek.

Getting the teeth in the right spot will also be part of the challenge. I would love to know your process in getting this done (i.e. what type of company/machines were involved to make the plates).

Last edited:
Reactions: legend and kombazz

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Wow! Is about time your magic had put to good use. Subscribed

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Definitely subscribing to this & looking forward to following the updates. Good luck, not that you'll need it.