• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Gen spec 5711 dw project for the 3K movement

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
What effect if any will the recent banning of the 3KF CEO/owner have on this project?

I think the project is in good hands. Maybe I am wrong...but I think this 3K account was a scammer. I can't possibly see how any factory owner/CEO can "expose" themselves and their illegal business by joining online forums and leaving a digital footprint.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Just an update:

We have just completed our 3rd scan and the high res graphics and dimensions of the date font is done. Multiple scans were required to ensure that the dw print will be as true to the original as possible.
The files will be sent now to our manufacturing partners to assess the creation of the physical datewheel. Below is a scanned graphic of the datewheel kindly provided by blackboxes
ZsphGX.jpg

blackboxes

Advisor/Supporter
Advisor
31/5/15
Thanks brother - the datewheel scanned has a relatively good accuracy of 0.0x mm, so we're quite satisfied with the 3D render for now.

Once our partners assess the feasibility, we will be able to map out potential tricky challenges like accuracy, etc. But we're in for a good start!

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Thanks brother - the datewheel scanned has a relatively good accuracy of 0.0x mm, so we're quite satisfied with the 3D render for now.

Once our partners assess the feasibility, we will be able to map out potential tricky challenges like accuracy, etc. But we're in for a good start!

:qtip2:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THXuk

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
25/3/06
London
Thanks for the update Legend, we all appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Always great to see tangible progress on this project, loving it!!

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
This was all we needed for some interesting 3KF movement builds in the future :)

Reactions: SuperLory