• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

dying to order a 5711.. but.. WHY 12'clock markers always crooked?

miscusi

10/10/20
NYC
Just casual thoughts.. thinking out loud... WHY do I never see a 5711 rep picture with 12'clock markers properly position? its always a little bit off. Is it really that hard to just put them on so they match? Why they dont just make the 12'clock marker as one physical piece so its easier? Its killing me.. the wait is killing me... well maybe VSF would make one soon.. Its killing meeeeeeee... I did ask an AD to put me on the list for a blue 5711, knowing I would never get the call LOL...

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Especially because it is officially discontinued...

:thumbup:

I am not sure if I still believe all the news floating around. The SS version of the watch is still listed in Patek's website. A cousin of mine has been on the waitlist for 8.5 years, he still hasn't been officially notified yet.

DerpyOfficer

DerpiestOfWatchmakers
Patron
Certified
8/2/20
:thumbup:

I am not sure if I still believe all the news floating around. The SS version of the watch is still listed in Patek's website. A cousin of mine has been on the waitlist for 8.5 years, he still hasn't been officially notified yet.

The rumors of the 5711/1A-010 ie the SS/Blue dial Nautilus being discontinued was confirmed by Patek HQ. They will only be continuing the 5711 in rose gold.

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
The rumors of the 5711/1A-010 ie the SS/Blue dial Nautilus being discontinued was confirmed by Patek HQ. They will only be continuing the 5711 in rose gold.

That's why I have read from different sources but didn't see a communication directly from Patek (maybe I am not looking in the right places)

Daytona Hoarder
Patron
Certified
6/6/19
USA
That's why I have read from different sources but didn't see a communication directly from Patek (maybe I am not looking in the right places)

My PP AD told me it’s true, and she moved me over to the 5712 list

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Just casual thoughts.. thinking out loud... WHY do I never see a 5711 rep picture with 12'clock markers properly position? its always a little bit off. Is it really that hard to just put them on so they match? Why they dont just make the 12'clock marker as one physical piece so its easier? Its killing me.. the wait is killing me... well maybe VSF would make one soon.. Its killing meeeeeeee... I did ask an AD to put me on the list for a blue 5711, knowing I would never get the call LOL...

The 12 marker indices are sometimes crooked and sometimes acceptable. If you OCD nitpick all then a talented modder like legend can help you in aligning them.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The 12 marker indices are sometimes crooked and sometimes acceptable. If you OCD nitpick all then a talented modder like legend can help you in aligning them.

Hey you can only say something like this if I've ever aligned a marker for you before.. your statement will otherwise be unbelievable :hehehe:

Reactions: Allure

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Well, I'm pretty sure I got my dial fixed from your address whoever did the marker alignment :p.

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Well, I'm pretty sure I got my dial fixed from your address whoever did the marker alignment :p.

haha oh yes I have quite forgotten about that!
For me in this hobby, I take straight and aligned markers as a bonus and even if they are not aligned, the good news is that they are fixable.

Reactions: Allure