• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Nautilus. Which one is closest to the gen?

Kaptajnen2000

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/7/17
Good evening,

I'm looking to get a nautilus rep, and ideally one as close to the gen as possible. I tried searching, but there are so many topics and it's difficult to find one that contain the answer i am looking for. Which one is most gen-like?

Thanks a lot, and sorry of this topic has already been up a few times.

groovystix

Blue Collar Watch Enthusiast
Patron
Certified
10/1/17
CONUS
Tree hunnit fiddy X's mang....

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
No idea what 3 is :<

Its the number of unnecessary topics you started, and coincidentally the number of unnecessary topics one is allowed before he is fed to the lions roaming in the RWI backroom.
I think that translates to "its a good time to stop and read the existing threads for the answers you seek"

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Talk to the manager in this store, he has one...

ZtGFUL.jpg

Last edited:

Copterguy

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
14/3/17
Florida
Good evening,

I'm looking to get a nautilus rep, and ideally one as close to the gen as possible. I tried searching, but there are so many topics and it's difficult to find one that contain the answer i am looking for. Which one is most gen-like?

Thanks a lot, and sorry of this topic has already been up a few times.

The problem is that you are asking a question that is asked ad nausium on just about every model on this site. Hence your "Answers".
The best answer I notice is this. "They all have faults, pick the one you can live with ". Then if it's not enough, keep reading about mods and or Franken it. ;)

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
The problem is that you are asking a question that is asked ad nausium on just about every model on this site. Hence your "Answers".
The best answer I notice is this. "They all have faults, pick the one you can live with ". Then if it's not enough, keep reading about mods and or Franken it. ;)

+1.
I simply do not get why guys like to ask which model or color is closer to gen. The answer is always subjective and moot.
There are 2 types of watches in the hobby: Gen and rep. Any non-gen, even highly customized watches with gen parts belong to the latter category.
If one wants a watch which is "gen-like", then buy the gen. Else, just buy any rep which one desires and enjoy it without pretense. Guys who own the so called "best models" sometimes like to make fun of the "lower tiered" models but forget that the watches both belong to the broad category of replica watches, in which you can also find frankens fitted with gen parts.
So yes, get whatever one likes, and forget about the labels which are given by others. It is far more meaningful to study and have a learned conclusion rather than blindly read and accept what others write.