• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rumour: The Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 to be Discontinued and Replaced?

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
b499b82874c27a4740adb8d944addd60.jpg

f161f1ff7c78a7b3e4fee660d0434cdf.jpg

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Don’t know. I love the Idea of the platinum coming back, that would be my dream watch.
Also the titanium would not be a bad idea, but less classy I don’t know if I’d like it.
What I don’t like is the lack of date, I would have taken out the sweep second hand like in the 3700, that would be awesome.
What I don’t know is why the 324 movement and not the new 330?

Riverwind85

26/4/18
On rolexforum:

This looks fake. The reflection from the indices at 3 o’clock look different from that of those at 9, and in fact looks identical to the date window reflection seen on the official 5711 photos on PPs website. Someone did a quick photoshop cloning the index over 3’ and manipulated the dial color.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Bad photoshop mock-ups and false statements wrapped and presented as insider info while it is not even a rumor... just to create traffic like every year before baselworld, SIHH or watch&wpnders etc.

selfproclaimed brand associates or afficionados spread words about titanium for a patek sports model...

Titanium is reserved for unique pieces when it comes to patek. No way they are slaughtering this prestigious aspect and turn their back on all their vip customers with this move by using it for this instagram hyped piece of PP history.

Lets see if PP really will be doing such a rolex-like move by discontinuing one reference and coming up with a new one - few month later with changed colors and a different movement.
not the typical patek strategy if you ask me.

Keylog74

14/6/13
A no date nautilus would be great news for factory’s :D

Anyway soon it all be official and unveiled, what’s sure is that the nautilus is getting an update. I do believe that Patek will move to a 41/42mm case. Maybe something close to the old 3700

BIONONE

28/4/17
A no date nautilus would be great news for factory’s :D

Anyway soon it all be official and unveiled, what’s sure is that the nautilus is getting an update. I do believe that Patek will move to a 41/42mm case. Maybe something close to the old 3700

Why do you think they will make it bigger? As for now I see no reason in beefing it up again...

The trend moved towards smaller watches in the past - especially as the vintage market grew. While Patek went up in size for their calatravas and some grand complications they still remained true to themselves in understated class - not like all the 2005 Breitling wrist saucers... lol

Keylog74

14/6/13
Why do you think they will make it bigger? As for now I see no reason in beefing it up again...

The trend moved towards smaller watches in the past - especially as the vintage market grew. While Patek went up in size for their calatravas and some grand complications they still remained true to themselves in understated class - not like all the 2005 Breitling wrist saucers... lol

Well some of that is true, but since they made variations of the aquanaut in functionality and case diameter makes me think that the nautilus might go a bit bigger, specially if they for real remove the date.

BIONONE

28/4/17
Well some of that is true, but since they made variations of the aquanaut in functionality and case diameter makes me think that the nautilus might go a bit bigger, specially if they for real remove the date.

didn't think about the aquanauts... silly me... ;)