• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rumour: The Patek Philippe Nautilus 5711 to be Discontinued and Replaced?

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
Since yesterday I have seen this rumour everywhere.

Just want to here some opinions here or maybe some of you have some insider-informations about it.

What do you guys think about this move from Patek? will they develope a new Nautilus or this watch will be a legacy and their price with continue to blow through the top?

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada

Just want to here some opinions here or maybe some of you have some insider-informations about it.

What do you guys think about this move from Patek? will they develope a new Nautilus or this watch will be a legacy and their price with continue to blow through the top?

Have you got a source of this rumor? Most likely its false.

PAMorROLEX

26/10/20
EU

Can you let me know where shall I be able to buy a discounted 5711, funds are ready to fly...

Ecy

You're Saying I Can Sell?
24/7/19
Have you got a source of this rumor? Most likely its false.

It started as an Inatagram Rumor. Some people said it was false, others have quoted officials at Patak who expressed interest in discontinuing the model.

Nothing subatantial to my knowledge.

The only real information that suggests something is happening is what happened to the white dial.

Its important to note this rumor has been going on for years about discontinuing the line. The white dial was confirmed on the 2020 Run Out list which is how Patek confirms stops in production.

Since this is not a new rumor (it only resurfaced on Instagram) I dont hold much weight in it.

Reactions: Stradivarius

WatchaholicMallorca

Renowned Member
2/9/16
Rumors are true, it’s a goner, same people who started the rumors saying it’s just a refresh to an updated model a “6711” most likely a movement upgrade and hopefully a clasp upgrade, seems the 5711R is still around though?

rongxike

You're Saying I Can Sell?
7/12/19
Earth
I can confirm this rumor is real. The remaining pieces in Singapore will be only sold to who residence in Singapore (IC holder) and with the purchase histortly records. I did try to purchase one, but no luck. Price in black market is almost triple now. Sad!

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
I can confirm this rumor is real. The remaining pieces in Singapore will be only sold to who residence in Singapore (IC holder) and with the purchase histortly records. I did try to purchase one, but no luck. Price in black market is almost triple now. Sad!

What you're describing has been true for the 5711 for years. It does not indicate that the model.is discontinued, just that there are so few on the market that nobody can get one, which explains the grey market prices

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
just had a look around Chrono24.... there are already some with the 100K price tag...sad......

Stradivarius

Known Member
12/11/17
lol... just read that again, damn it is 'Discontinued'... I wasn't even high mate, how could that happen.. lol

let just hope it is not the end of Nautilus but rather an Upgrade...else my dream will go from "super hard" to "impossible" to achieve....

Burbizia

29/8/20
Right now the Blue Dial Replicas are terrible.
The color is not even remotely close to gen.

White PPF seems great.

Hope the new relase in April will give stimulus to Factories to try to replicate the dial