• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Hybrid build: PF case, 3K movement, PPF dial and hands

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
outstanding project as always, sir.

Did the PPF hands fit without any modification?
I was thinking about adding a 324 SC clone to a ZF calatrava based on the same 9015 as the PPF.

Looking forward to see some more insights of the other implantations ;)

The PPF hands, as you have always rightly assessed G, needs a little mod to fit the 3K pinion. Nothing drastic but yes I missed out this detail. Thanks for the reminder my learned friend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Erinoush

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
10/7/19
UAE / EUROPE
And she is done. A teaser of the 3K clone movement peeking through the PF case.
ZrwCdo.jpg

WOW !

JordanEleven

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
12/5/20
Guys, sorry for the question, but is the PPF movement not good?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Guys, sorry for the question, but is the PPF movement not good?

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Tapatalk

It is proven to be quite sturdy as it is based on the miyota 9015. it is serviceable as you can easily replace its parts.
The decoration is not comparable to a gen movement and so is the architecture.

The clone resembles the gen in a better way - of course nowhere near a gen finish but it comes with beautifully polished bevels/anglage and geneva stripes that don‘t look like geneva scratches in tin foil lol

Regarding its reliability i cant say much. But like with any clone movement - spare parts are rather hard to come by.

Last edited:

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Last time I asked you had to buy the whole watch.

I bought a few 324 clone movements off my dealer. They generally do not supply this as a standalone part but it all depends on your relationship and how you communicate. It’s not impossible and others I know have done it too.

pclaussen

You're Saying I Can Sell?
31/5/20
Would you consider selling more of this build? How much will it cost? I am interested in a white dial. Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Would you consider selling more of this build? How much will it cost? I am interested in a white dial. Thanks!

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando RWI

If you’re really interested please send me a PM to discuss. The general word is that PMs work well with me if you learn to say please and thank you, something dk0243 never learnt to do.

Tobel

6/7/17
And she is ready to meet the new owner.
ZrwPxJ.jpg

Amazing work as always. I'm just curious about one thing,
​is it me or the lighting, or is the second hand an aquanaut hand? Looks white Vs. metallic on the 5711.

​​​​

legend

The RWI Dragon
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
20/9/10
Where I need to be.
Amazing work as always. I'm just curious about one thing,
​is it me or the lighting, or is the second hand an aquanaut hand? Looks white Vs. metallic on the 5711.

​​​​

The second hand is chrome. I can get the owner to post a picture of the watch when he receives it.
I don’t know which is worse, putting an aquanaut hand on a nautilus, or getting only the second hand right on an aquanaut build :hehehe:

Tobel

6/7/17
The second hand is chrome. I can get the owner to post a picture of the watch when he receives it.
I don’t know which is worse, putting an aquanaut hand on a nautilus, or getting only the second hand right on an aquanaut build :hehehe:

Ahaha well everyone has the right to get the watch of their dreams built. If the owner had been dreaming of a nautilus with an aquanaut second hand, who am I to judge? :D