• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF and PPF 5711 datewheel options

Giuby32

Horology Curious
13/12/20
The issue is the sponge on datewheel is no longer available to buy. If you have a suggestion besides the spongebob DE please post it.

Oh sorry.. I just received the watch few days ago and I were not informed about this!

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
LMFAO. Those pics of the datewheel is like 10000000x zoom. Your crazy or have lost the plot.

A Gen DW will be far far far from perfect at those magnifications as well. When you zoom enough EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING will have flaws.

Last edited:

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
LMFAO. Those pics of the datewheel is like 10000000x zoom. Your crazy or have lost the plot.

A Gen DW will be far far far from perfect at those magnifications as well. When you zoom enough EVERYTHING and I mean EVERYTHING will have flaws.

Sir, I think you’re missing the point. A poorly printed DW does not have a sharp appearance when viewed at wrist length. The whole impetus behind the major community effort to produce the Keylog DW among everything else is solely because many DWs produced with such a low quality are unacceptable AND ARE NOTICEABLE. A gen DW or spongebob DW will have IMPERFECTIONS, but are not low quality and poorly printed. There is a difference and you missed the point of this and perhaps all other threads and conversations related to DW.

Reactions: rockdaytona

Recklays

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
1/8/16
Hello guys,

I would like to know if a 3KF 5167 datewheel fits a PF 5711. Thanks in advance

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
Hello guys,

I would like to know if a 3KF 5167 datewheel fits a PF 5711. Thanks in advance

It won't fit as the 3KF uses a clone movement. The PF houses a Miyota 9015 which spins in the opposite direction and uses an overlay to compensate the small diameter of the stock date wheel.