• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

PF and PPF 5711 datewheel options

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I am building a franken 5711 using the PF case, bracelet, and movement as my base with PPF hands and dial. The PF datewheel is total garbage and needs to be replaced. The PPF datewheel is better but not perfect. Ideally, I would use the Keylog/Spongebob datewheel but they’re not available anymore so I’m trying to find the next best solution, which I think is to use the PPF datewheel. So two questions, 1) will the PPF datewheel fit on the PF movement using the PPF dial? 2) Is there a better datewheel option available instead of using a PPF datewheel since the Keylog/spongebob DW is unavailable?

thanks

BIONONE

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/4/17
What bothers you on the PPF stock DWO ?

As the PPF uses a DWO on top of a DW you should be abled to swap the two. Little to no modding should be required.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
What bothers you on the PPF stock DWO ?

As the PPF uses a DWO on top of a DW you should be abled to swap the two. Little to no modding should be required.

Through research on rwi and QC pics it seems the DW font on the PF is very poor.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
i was asking what bothers you on the PPF datewheel so you want to change it.

It is no where close to gen and has a poorly printed font that looks like It was written with a sharpie and is an immediate and obvious tell.

PPF datewheel:
ZYPvo8.jpg

PF datewheel:
ZYP7TK.jpg

Last edited:

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
^
Those are super magnified pictures. When viewed without magnification, it'll look okay. Go with the PPF DWO, the font is much better and is currently the best that is available for your plan.

Cybermorph

Known Member
27/8/19
It is no where close to gen and has a poorly printed font that looks like It was written with a sharpie and is an immediate and obvious tell.

PPF datewheel:
ZYPvo8.jpg

PF datewheel:
ZYP7TK.jpg
I suspect from wrist distance those would look fine aside from misalignment.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
I suspect from wrist distance those would look fine aside from misalignment.

Sent from my GM1925 using Tapatalk
It is noticeable to me at wrist distance, I’ve seen it in person before.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
You can also place a Want To Buy (WTB) notice in the M2M section for a Keylog DWO for a PPF or PF 5711 dial. All the best.

Excellent idea. I’ll do that and give it a week or two before ordering the PPF DW.

BIONONE

28/4/17
and is an immediate and obvious tell.

believe me - i designed the DWO for PF, PPF and so on - the font of the PPF stock DW is as good as it gets without modding. The printing itself is another story but with 50 times magnification i think you have to rethink the term obvious tell.

BIONONE

28/4/17
The issue is the sponge on datewheel is no longer available to buy. If you have a suggestion besides the spongebob DE please post it.

i have a PF DWO left.

Which also works perfectly fine for a gen dial.