• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Almost full Franken 5167

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13

Final mod --> white second hand stem

Late to the party but I’d be great if you can answer some questions please.

1 did the gen dial fit into position into the 3k movement without the need to cut the the feet.

2. Does the gen dw fit correctly the the rep movement

Thanks

Reactions: Mathisbou155

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
Late to the party but I’d be great if you can answer some questions please.

1 did the gen dial fit into position into the 3k movement without the need to cut the the feet.

2. Does the gen dw fit correctly the the rep movement

Thanks

Yes!!! no need to modification for both questions.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Yes!!! no need to modification for both questions.

Thank you, one more thing. Have you tried Gen date wheel and rep Dial? does it align correctly? trying to understand if the rep dial is gen speck.

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
Thank you, one more thing. Have you tried Gen date wheel and rep Dial? does it align correctly? trying to understand if the rep dial is gen speck.

Never try rep dial on gen dw.
But my friend try 3k dial with zf base. The Date alignment is perfect.

Accord11

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
2/12/20
Where can you buy gen Dial and hands?

Last edited:

Onepickledginger

Gone Gin
Patron
Certified
9/8/20
Absolutely gorgeous build and one I'm looking to undertake as well. Did you do the case reshaping yourself?

Fictional

Looking Around
27/1/17
ZF strap and gen strap has minor different in my opinion. So no need for gen strap.

Hey could you recommend any rep friendly places in Bangkok I could get my ZF Aquanaut services? Many thanks!

JonathanLing91

Renowned Member
18/1/20
[mention]eririn [/mention] great build, thank you for sharing with us.

I do have a question for you, why did you opt for a 3kf case over the ZF case? In terms of aesthetics isn’t the ZF better in almost every category? Also, (I apologize if u answered this earlier and I missed it) did you do the brushing yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eririn

Known Member
4/2/10
[mention]eririn [/mention] great build, thank you for sharing with us.

I do have a question for you, why did you opt for a 3kf case over the ZF case? In terms of aesthetics isn’t the ZF better in almost every category? Also, (I apologize if u answered this earlier and I missed it) did you do the brushing yourself?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use 3kf base because the movement. If I yse zf base, I need to remove dial feet which is the most expensive part. Moreove, after rebrushed i think there are no different from gen case.

My watch smith do it for me. He has done many gen case before so it very easy for him to make 3kf case to gen spec.