Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help 5711 PPF V4 whit Gen Dial

Hello Guys,

I need help whit the following 5711 from PPF, it is a V4, whit a GEN Patek Philippe 5711 blue dial whit custom Tiffany&Co printing at 6.

I’m not so much expert about PP and would ask you guys to analyze dial.

In the real life look’s perfect and amazing, the blue look exactly as per gen, but as i’m not expert would ask if anyone could double check to be completely sure the dial mounted on watch is really a genuine patek one.

Since the V4 one is very well made and printing look very similar to gen would like to listen expert opinion

Thank you for every one will chime in :-)

Something makes me question anybody would ever put a gen Tiffany&Co. dial into a replica. Not only because they are super rare meaning hard to source, but also the nicest dial doesn't make up the fat bezel / protruding crown. So I generally would be a little wary if this is for sale.

Furthermore, as far as I can use Google, the gen pictures I found showed the Tiffany text being horizonzally centered on one of the dial relief grooves. On yours however it touches the lower end. Moreover, the pictures I found showed a clear spacing between the o and the following dot. This characteristic I cannot find on your dial.
    Pictures for refernece.

And last point. The gen 5711 has a slight spacing in between the two twelve o'clock markers. The PPFs do not have that. So does yours not have that.

I am highly questioning the authenticity of this dial being gen.

Where did you get the pictures of this watch from?

Comment

Thank you for your reply!

This watch was offered me in trade, seller claim the dial is genuine Patek Philippe 5711 Nautilus Dial, but since he wanted the Tiffany&Co dial had costum printed the Tiffany&Co logo on it.

I’m not too much worried about the custom Tiffany logo (that as you have pointed out is not perfect).

Lot more worried about the dial is not genuine a genuine Patek Philippe, is very beautiful and color and print look spot on but PPF V4 dial is very close to gen.

I double checked the 12 o clock makers and not have any space between makers...????

Comment

P.s. The dial is supposed to be a genuine 5711 regular blue dial in origin whitout the Tiffany & Co logo at 6.
        That was added later and not is genuine from tiffany.

Comment

Looks straight like a V3 PPF with the custom Tiffany stamp - nothing like a gen dial.

Who is trying to fool you?

Comment

A user out of forum!

So it’s a fake dial and watch not even is a V4!

Comment

Originally posted by RolexApLovers View Post
              A user out of forum!

I'm afraid so. Also ask yourself, why would you have a fake Tiffany stamp put on a gen dial. It would only devalue the dial.

Comment

A user out of forum!

I think that is an interesting topic for our dear mods QueTip

Comment

Out of curiosity, what is the big tell for this dial being a rep one, and especially PPF v3? I suppose the gen has a wider gap between the 12 markers.

Comment

I too think that's not a genuine dial. Where is this sell based? What's he asking for this?
                    A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Comment

I think the same about the custom logo on dial, it’s really strange that someone damage a genuine dial like this, but he told me he really wanted the Tiffany one.
                      The seller was based in Spain and he also sent me an invoice from “Rabat” watch shop, the gen dial was paid 1200 euro from invoice, but Rabat look to be a authorized dealer of Rolex, and other important watch brand, i really dont think they would do such a job on a rep watch and modify a gen dial.
                      He told me he is close to the owner son.
                      Really do not know what to think!
                      The watch should be received in trade and his value is around 2000 euro.

Comment

you better really involve the mods in this and expose this back door deal to let the public judge.

No way an authorized dealer would sell a separate 5711 blue dial (!!!) and of course no one sane would give you a receipt with that...

Comment

The watch should be received in trade and his value is around 2000 euros.

The genuine blue dial is now trending at 4-5K unless he bought it years ago I don't know how he can get that deal for a blue dial...
                          A man with a watch knows what time it is. A man with two watches is never sure !

Comment

RolexApLovers Run away while you can !!! this is obviously a scam attempt !

Comment

RolexApLovers , a modded brand new 5711 rep for ca. 1K looks better than this. Just a tip.

Comment

Working...
                              X