• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Help 5711 PPF V4 whit Gen Dial

RolexApLovers

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
21/4/19
Hello Guys,

I need help whit the following 5711 from PPF, it is a V4, whit a GEN Patek Philippe 5711 blue dial whit custom Tiffany&Co printing at 6.

I’m not so much expert about PP and would ask you guys to analyze dial.

In the real life look’s perfect and amazing, the blue look exactly as per gen, but as i’m not expert would ask if anyone could double check to be completely sure the dial mounted on watch is really a genuine patek one.

Since the V4 one is very well made and printing look very similar to gen would like to listen expert opinion :)

Thank you for every one will chime in :)

leberkase

Horology Curious
9/8/20
Something makes me question anybody would ever put a gen Tiffany&Co. dial into a replica. Not only because they are super rare meaning hard to source, but also the nicest dial doesn't make up the fat bezel / protruding crown. So I generally would be a little wary if this is for sale.

Furthermore, as far as I can use Google, the gen pictures I found showed the Tiffany text being horizonzally centered on one of the dial relief grooves. On yours however it touches the lower end. Moreover, the pictures I found showed a clear spacing between the o and the following dot. This characteristic I cannot find on your dial.
Pictures for refernece.

And last point. The gen 5711 has a slight spacing in between the two twelve o'clock markers. The PPFs do not have that. So does yours not have that.

I am highly questioning the authenticity of this dial being gen.

Where did you get the pictures of this watch from?

Reactions: gilrob

RolexApLovers

INMATE
21/4/19
Thank you for your reply!

This watch was offered me in trade, seller claim the dial is genuine Patek Philippe 5711 Nautilus Dial, but since he wanted the Tiffany&Co dial had costum printed the Tiffany&Co logo on it.

I’m not too much worried about the custom Tiffany logo (that as you have pointed out is not perfect).

Lot more worried about the dial is not genuine a genuine Patek Philippe, is very beautiful and color and print look spot on but PPF V4 dial is very close to gen.

I double checked the 12 o clock makers and not have any space between makers...????

RolexApLovers

INMATE
21/4/19
P.s. The dial is supposed to be a genuine 5711 regular blue dial in origin whitout the Tiffany & Co logo at 6.
That was added later and not is genuine from tiffany.

RolexApLovers

INMATE
21/4/19
A user out of forum!

So it’s a fake dial and watch not even is a V4!

grillbrill

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/7/18
EU
Out of curiosity, what is the big tell for this dial being a rep one, and especially PPF v3? I suppose the gen has a wider gap between the 12 markers.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
I too think that's not a genuine dial. Where is this sell based? What's he asking for this?

RolexApLovers

INMATE
21/4/19
I think the same about the custom logo on dial, it’s really strange that someone damage a genuine dial like this, but he told me he really wanted the Tiffany one.
The seller was based in Spain and he also sent me an invoice from “Rabat” watch shop, the gen dial was paid 1200 euro from invoice, but Rabat look to be a authorized dealer of Rolex, and other important watch brand, i really dont think they would do such a job on a rep watch and modify a gen dial.
He told me he is close to the owner son.
Really do not know what to think!
The watch should be received in trade and his value is around 2000 euro.

BIONONE

28/4/17
you better really involve the mods in this and expose this back door deal to let the public judge.

No way an authorized dealer would sell a separate 5711 blue dial (!!!) and of course no one sane would give you a receipt with that...

Keylog74

14/6/13
The watch should be received in trade and his value is around 2000 euros.

The genuine blue dial is now trending at 4-5K unless he bought it years ago I don't know how he can get that deal for a blue dial...

RolexApLovers

INMATE
21/4/19
Would say the same. But I'm afraid it's already too late.

I take the watch in trade fortunately and the guy sent me before his watch to check it.
I will ship back the watch and keep mine object of trade.
He is not member of the forum, no backdoor sale here.
Tomorrow will shot some daylight picture to show better dial and dial color just for understand better since he continue to tell me the dial is 100% genuine and could do every verification i want!
I will attach also the recepit just for reference!

I also contact the “Rabat” jewelry to ask if the invoice was legit but they not reply yet, the phone number and mail on the invoice dont look the same there are on the website.

Just to learn better how can understand this is a V3 and not a V4 PPF watch? What are main difference between the two?
Checked online lot of genuine 5711 watches and what look obviously to me crown is too big, hands could be better, bezel is different and DWO could be better too, so the watch should be modded to reach a good level on this.

I also noted that some genuine 5711 dial from 2018/2019 have really a small small small gap between the two index at 12 o clock, and whit a loupe can se a small small small space also on this dial so if is a rep dial is really well made, also the printing on rep look to be sligthy thin than gen, but i dont have had a V4 PPF side by side whit gen in hands so difficult to compare.

sunrayminor

Renowned Member
22/4/13
Australia
I take the watch in trade fortunately and the guy sent me before his watch to check it.
I will ship back the watch and keep mine object of trade.
He is not member of the forum, no backdoor sale here.
Tomorrow will shot some daylight picture to show better dial and dial color just for understand better since he continue to tell me the dial is 100% genuine and could do every verification i want!
I will attach also the recepit just for reference!

I also contact the “Rabat” jewelry to ask if the invoice was legit but they not reply yet, the phone number and mail on the invoice dont look the same there are on the website.

Just to learn better how can understand this is a V3 and not a V4 PPF watch? What are main difference between the two?
Checked online lot of genuine 5711 watches and what look obviously to me crown is too big, hands could be better, bezel is different and DWO could be better too, so the watch should be modded to reach a good level on this.

I also noted that some genuine 5711 dial from 2018/2019 have really a small small small gap between the two index at 12 o clock, and whit a loupe can se a small small small space also on this dial so if is a rep dial is really well made, also the printing on rep look to be sligthy thin than gen, but i dont have had a V4 PPF side by side whit gen in hands so difficult to compare.

this whole thread is fishy...........

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

BIONONE

28/4/17
This piece of paper should be proof of what exactly? That you can make this in word in about 10min ?

this confirms nothing...