• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC Review - TrustyTime 3KF PP Aquanaut 5167

hannahdani

Horology Curious
11/10/20
first made contact with trusty about a week ago, communications, payments, and QC photos all went smoothly.
https://imgur.com/a/lFyH4oR
would love to get some feedback here, as everything looks great to me! however, i'm not someone who has a good eye for these, so i wouldn't rely on my own judgement here. so anything really obvious i'm missing, please let me know.

scottiedog

I'm Pretty Popular
15/7/16
:welcome:

:D Looks great. You’ll love it when you get it on the wrist, make sure you post pictures.

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
Nice looking watch but unfortunately I know little about Aquanauts. I do know something about QC pictures, you can't post them unless you have a specific question about a flaw(s) about the watch. If you've already approved them you're good. Read the RWI guidelines and rules pertaining the posting of QC pictures. I suggest you remove the pictures as soon as you can.

hannahdani

Horology Curious
11/10/20
i did approve them as i didn't see any issues. just wondering what others thought. thanks for checking!

gilrob

Legendary Member
Supporter
25/10/15
Las Vegas, Nevada
i did approve them as i didn't see any issues. just wondering what others thought. thanks for checking!

Next time, mention that you've already approved the QC pictures in your post. It will save a you from a bunch of useless corrections/hassles such as this. Enjoy your watch.

Last edited:

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Enjoy the watch, you got a newer batch - no engravings on back and DW a tad bit thicker

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Looks great, enjoy it! The strap on the 3kf 5167 could be improved, so you could entertain getting a ZF or gen strap and clasp. Any TD will sell that separately and eBay is great place for used horological parts

takoxavy

I'm Pretty Popular
8/3/14
How is this "new" DW compared to the gen? Still too thin? Or small?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
I hope it's ok if I use this topic for my question - can anyone tell me what maximum wrist circumference the Aquanaut with rubber wrist strap is suitable for?

I have had bad experiences with the Nautilus and the steel bracelet - it ends at 19cm.

My wrist has a circumference of 20.5 cm.

Thank you very much.

srhoque

28/11/18
How is this "new" DW compared to the gen? Still too thin? Or small?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Still thinner than gen and they are not properly centered in the date window

srhoque

28/11/18
I hope it's ok if I use this topic for my question - can anyone tell me what maximum wrist circumference the Aquanaut with rubber wrist strap is suitable for?

I have had bad experiences with the Nautilus and the steel bracelet - it ends at 19cm.

My wrist has a circumference of 20.5 cm.

Thank you very much.

I don't know about the rep rubber length but the gen rubber straps total length (between the 2 straps) is approx 21 cms. Along with the watch, this should be enough to fit your wrist.

Steve McGarrett

Known Member
Patron
Certified
8/3/18
Thank you - now I only hope that 3KF did not save costs on 1 - 2 cm rubber band of all things... :hehehe: