• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

About to pull the trigger on two reps, but need your advice on the Aquanaut...

DaDuke73

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/8/20
Hi everyone!

This is my first post here, but I've spent a lot of time reading at your posts. This forum is a real gold mine!

I have never bought a rep before, but I've been amazed to see, at least on photos, how replicas are getting incredibly close to the gens!
As I have been hesitating a lot between a Nautilus and an Aquanaut, yesterday evening, I had a revelation: let's buy both! :p

So, for the Nautilus, things seem to be pretty straightforward: I am going for the PPF V4.

But for the Aquanaut, it's a bit more complicated! My favourite Aquanaut (gen) is the 5168G (Blue Dial). But I know that the case is in white gold.
So my question is the following: what is, in your opinion, the best 5168G out there in the market? ZF? and does the fact that the rep case is made of steel a big issue, look wise?

Or should I go for a 5167? (and in that case, which maker)?

Many thanks in advance for your precious advice. :thumbup:

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
I haven’t done a lot of research on the 5168 as it’s not a watch I’m crazy about so I can’t give you an opinion on that.

As for the 5167, ZF and 3KF both make good reps. However they have each replicated a different version of the Aquanaut. 3kf went for the pre 2009 dial whereas ZF the latter. I think most would agree that the 3kf dial is slightly better with less sunburst whereas the ZF has a little too much. The strap on the ZF is better as well. But the 3kf uses a cloned 324 caliber movement where the ZF uses a modified 9015.

There’s a ton of threads on both reps. Feel free to google a specific model, factory, RWI, and the reference of name and you’ll typically find a lot of good information. It’s best not to double post asking for an update on your own thread either.

DaDuke73

12/8/20
I haven’t done a lot of research on the 5168 as it’s not a watch I’m crazy about so I can’t give you an opinion on that.

As for the 5167, ZF and 3KF both make good reps. However they have each replicated a different version of the Aquanaut. 3kf went for the pre 2009 dial whereas ZF the latter. I think most would agree that the 3kf dial is slightly better with less sunburst whereas the ZF has a little too much. The strap on the ZF is better as well. But the 3kf uses a cloned 324 caliber movement where the ZF uses a modified 9015.

There’s a ton of threads on both reps. Feel free to google a specific model, factory, RWI, and the reference of name and you’ll typically find a lot of good information. It’s best not to double post asking for an update on your own thread either.

OK, many thanks, and sorry for the “double post”. ;)

I have been able to find a lot of information here about the 5167, but very few on the 5168...

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
OK, many thanks, and sorry for the “double post”. ;)

I have been able to find a lot of information here about the 5167, but very few on the 5168...

No worries, it doesn’t necessarily bother me but others might not be as friendly about it. The 5168 is pretty new but from my understanding isn’t as accurate of a replica as the 5167.

For one it’s made it stainless steel whereas the gen is white gold which you already mentioned. I think there are some other “issues” that rep has which make it not as popular and thus leads to not as many threads. It’s also a relatively new gen model as I recall it was introduced in 2017. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on that date

I googled “ZF 5168 RWI” and have found quite a few threads. I would recommend searching that way versus using the search tool in the forum :)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6350-time-for-a-new-aquanaut-zf-blue-aquanaut

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/7798686-patek-5168g-aquanaut-franken

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/8442055-zf-green-5168g

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/8167806-new-release-pf-aquanaut-5168g

Cheers

Kobkob90

23/7/20
North America
I have seen the pre 2009 3K in person one of my friends had it before he sold it . In my opinion 3K looks better then ZF and it’s easier to have a story on it as to how you acquired it and say you got a deal on the the older version - think about it how many people will be wearing that version to even compare with? If the Swiss made on it is a must then you go ZF. ZF will be easier to maintain but I feel 3K is just more convincing when worn and looks like a solid piece . Good luck !

DaDuke73

12/8/20
No worries, it doesn’t necessarily bother me but others might not be as friendly about it. The 5168 is pretty new but from my understanding isn’t as accurate of a replica as the 5167.

For one it’s made it stainless steel whereas the gen is white gold which you already mentioned. I think there are some other “issues” that rep has which make it not as popular and thus leads to not as many threads. It’s also a relatively new gen model as I recall it was introduced in 2017. Someone correct me if I’m wrong on that date

I googled “ZF 5168 RWI” and have found quite a few threads. I would recommend searching that way versus using the search tool in the forum :)

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...6350-time-for-a-new-aquanaut-zf-blue-aquanaut

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/7798686-patek-5168g-aquanaut-franken

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/8442055-zf-green-5168g

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/patek-philippe/8167806-new-release-pf-aquanaut-5168g

Cheers

Many thanks Lebron,

Actually, I had already read the four topics you mentioned, but as the first thread (probably the most complete yet) is almost two years old, I was secretly hoping that ZF might have improved their rep of the 5168. And yes, you're right, the gen was introduced in 2017.

I have just placed an order for a PPF Nautilus V4 AND a ZF 5168 but now, I am hesitating: should I go for the 5167 instead? I guess if I react quickly, I should be able to change my order, as the price is exactly the same.

From what I understand, personally, you'd rather go for the 5167?

DaDuke73

12/8/20
I have seen the pre 2009 3K in person one of my friends had it before he sold it . In my opinion 3K looks better then ZF and it’s easier to have a story on it as to how you acquired it and say you got a deal on the the older version - think about it how many people will be wearing that version to even compare with? If the Swiss made on it is a must then you go ZF. ZF will be easier to maintain but I feel 3K is just more convincing when worn and looks like a solid piece . Good luck !

Many thanks. Did you have the opportunity to see the ZF "in the flesh"?

Kobkob90

23/7/20
North America
Hey I have seen a ZF with the black face in flesh . If you like the ZF I would go with the black as a “safe “ option as the blue dial on the ZF is a tell when compared but then again not a lot of people will have the white gold with blue dial . So there are pros and cons plus the ZF will have the “Swiss made “ . All in all it’s what is important to you each rep will not be perfect . Good luck with the decision !

DaDuke73

12/8/20
Hey I have seen a ZF with the black face in flesh . If you like the ZF I would go with the black as a “safe “ option as the blue dial on the ZF is a tell when compared but then again not a lot of people will have the white gold with blue dial . So there are pros and cons plus the ZF will have the “Swiss made “ . All in all it’s what is important to you each rep will not be perfect . Good luck with the decision !

Thanks a lot, Kobkob90.

I have sent an email to the TD yesterday evening to ask if I could switch. Hopefully, it should be OK.

Kobkob90

23/7/20
North America
Awesome glad I can help :) . Good luck with the piece wear it in good health and would love to see pictures when you get it !!

DaDuke73

12/8/20
Awesome glad I can help :) . Good luck with the piece wear it in good health and would love to see pictures when you get it !!

I don't have yet the confirmation of the swith from 5168G to 5167A, but whatever happens, I will gladly publish a few pictures. ;)

DaDuke73

12/8/20
Hi everyone!!

So I have just received my two reps (Nautilus PPF V4 and 5167A from ZF), and I must say I am quite impressed by those watches. Very nice job indeed!!!

I just have a stupid noob question: how do you reduce the size of the strap of the Nautilus? I have a rather slim wrist, and I would definitely need to remove a few links.
Is this something that can be done by a noob like me?

Many thanks in advance for your hints. ;)

thegolfman

Known Member
1/6/20
Hi everyone!!

So I have just received my two reps (Nautilus PPF V4 and 5167A from ZF), and I must say I am quite impressed by those watches. Very nice job indeed!!!

I just have a stupid noob question: how do you reduce the size of the strap of the Nautilus? I have a rather slim wrist, and I would definitely need to remove a few links.
Is this something that can be done by a noob like me?

Many thanks in advance for your hints. ;)

Hope to see a review of your watches soon! The 5167 is one of my favorite watches. It's lighter than a SS band and wears very comfortably. I'd also say, it's quite nuanced on the wrist...doesn't scream, :look at my watch!" but instead is pretty subtle and low key. I'd guess you might learn that it's your preferred watch over time...good luck with both!

Last edited:

DaDuke73

12/8/20
Hope to see a review of your watches soon! The 5167 is one of my favorite watches. It's lighter than a SS band and wears very comfortably. I'd also say, it's quite nuanced on the wrist...doesn't scream, :look at my watch!" but instead is pretty subtle and low key. I'd guess you might learn that it's your preferred watch over time...good luck with both!

Actually, you are spot on!!! :p

This watch is sooo versatile: you can use it at the gym, but it is also very "casual chic" with a more formal suit. I am really falling in love!
Too bad that there is not a (very) well made rep of the 5168G-001 (white gold blue dial)! I've seen it in the flesh, and despite its 42mm, it is absolutely stunning.

I am very happy with both replicas, but if I have to keep only one, that would DEFINITELY be the aquanaut (which is on my wrist as I write). The 5711 PPF V4 is great, but I have a concern about the quality of the steal case: I already have noticed a scratch on the bezel... :(

Reactions: thegolfman

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
Actually, you are spot on!!! :p

This watch is sooo versatile: you can use it at the gym, but it is also very "casual chic" with a more formal suit. I am really falling in love!
Too bad that there is not a (very) well made rep of the 5168G-001 (white gold blue dial)! I've seen it in the flesh, and despite its 42mm, it is absolutely stunning.

I am very happy with both replicas, but if I have to keep only one, that would DEFINITELY be the aquanaut (which is on my wrist as I write). The 5711 PPF V4 is great, but I have a concern about the quality of the steal case: I already have noticed a scratch on the bezel... :(

The steel wouldn't be better on a gen unfortunately. Some watches are scratch magnets