• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

GRF 5726 V2?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Ok guys, I'm not going to make a new posting about this watch and will just keep it simple and add it to this thread that I began anyway.

I have always liked the Patek 5726, and I've wanted the gen for some years now but cannot justify paying over the retail price so I've been on a list from my AD for quite some time.

Anyway, the GRF V1 that I purchased several months ago was able to satisfy my desires while waiting to have the gen, despite the flaws. Below you can see the GRF V1, which has a very badly done moonphase wheel due to the yellow color and small size of the stars and moons.

Also the V1 moonphase is just a 24 hour disk, whereas the V2 has full function moonphase and very nicely done white color stars and moons, larger like the gen as well. Below is the V2.

Some things to notice about the V2 and even V1, the case construction is very well done and the bracelet feels solid. I compare the bracelet to my 5711 PF, which has the best bracelet feeling at the moment I believe.

The pusher openings on the sides are not centered along the middle of the sides of the case like gen, however this is a minimal issue for me personally. The pusher at the 10 o'clock controls the day, which needs to be pressed twice to change it. The pusher at 2 o'clock controls the month, the pusher at 5 o'clock controls the moonphase, and the pusher at 8 o'clock controls nothing.

Of notice, the pusher for the day and month are nice and crisp, and the moonphase pusher is rather too stiff but works well. Each push of the moonphase moves the disc ever so slightly and you can really set this to the moon for accuracies.

The main issue is the date indicator which has a magnifying disc above it because the date wheel is sunken into the dial. This causes some readability issues at angles and appears in pictures to not be centered. I can assure it is centered but appears not because of the sunken disc.

Overall I really feel this GRF 5726 V2 is a very great effort and the feeling of the watch is quite nice. I have large wrists, although not 90cm (inside joke), but this 5726 has a nice presence when compared to the 5711.

Once I get the bracelet sized by the watch mender I will take some outdoor pictures where you can see the real effect of the dial in the sun. PureTime has this listed as a black dial but it is just as the grey dial V1 with same color, so for me it is more of the Patek grey colour.

Hopefully this will be a good review for those considering this piece which I highly recommend. And this is my first review so please be gentle with concerns. Thank you!

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Also I would like to add the gen has higher placed openings for the day and month, but this is still not a major concern for me.

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Ok guys, I'm not going to make a new posting about this watch and will just keep it simple and add it to this thread that I began anyway.

Thank you for this mate! Very nice review. The sunken date is still unfortunately a no no for me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: aristole

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Thank you for this mate! Very nice review. The sunken date is still unfortunately a no no for me...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I understand your concerns. To be honest in real life it is not so noticeable. The pictures show this as an extreme if the camera is not perfectly straight. If you look back at the QC picture I posted you can see the date is nicely centered.

However I do agree it is not so pleasant with the sunken date dial and the magnifying disc.

Bullflo3

Supporter
Certified
13/2/18
I meant to post this picture instead of a repeat one:

Despite the flaws, still a nice looking watch! Still on the fence myself. Maybe some daytime wrist shots will help?! Nonetheless, thanks for the insight.

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
appreciate the diligence and effort! nicely done...so is it fair to say you're pretty satisfied with the watch (not so much as an improvement over V1 but overall as a 5726 rep)?

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19
Overall I am very satisfied with this watch, both from the perspective of this being a good upgrade to V2 with real moonphase and as a 5726 in general. I think GRF has done a great job with the 5726 and even with the 5205 they released several months ago.

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
good to hear! i guess all that's left is to decide dial color lol

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
A question......only GRF Has the real moonfase ?

i ve seen on puretime a V6F blu dial ...it s stunning and seem better than the other.....

but i m completely ignorant on pateck so i ask to You....
I d like a white dial.......but V6F there isn’t ......i ll take a GRF ?

thanks to all

tangokilo

I'm Pretty Popular
21/2/19

I think the GRF is the best pick at the moment based on my views of the other reps like PF and V9F. The day and month window shape and coloring is not so close to gen on the non-GRF versions. I have the GRF black/grey dial V2 and posted pics and small review of it. Overall I am happy with it and think it is well made. All of the versions have similar flaws but when compared to gen I chose the GRF for the reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Good luck and please post pictures when you receive them.

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
I think the GRF is the best pick at the moment based on my views of the other reps like PF and V9F. The day and month window shape and coloring is not so close to gen on the non-GRF versions. I have the GRF black/grey dial V2 and posted pics and small review of it. Overall I am happy with it and think it is well made. All of the versions have similar flaws but when compared to gen I chose the GRF for the reasons I mentioned earlier in this thread.

Good luck and please post pictures when you receive them.

thanks guy..... i follow your posts to make a final choice and in the end i make the correct one.

i ve tryed to see the little flaws that you mean in the different factoryes.... and even for me GRF is the better done.....

i ask only for confirm...and thanks both two for this ..... like i ve said.... i m not so acknowledge on PP