• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

QC 3K Dial

dk0243

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
The numbers on this dial look choppy AF. Specifically, the 4, 6 and 8. I'm not sure if its the lighting or if there is dirt on the watch (or maybe in the dial) but could I please get a second opinion on this? I put red dots where it looks questionable to me. If this is normal for this rep apologies in advance but it doesn't look right to me, these numbers look super sloppy.

bunny123

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
18/7/18
looks fine to me if you compare with the other picture you posted maybe the lighting issue . the only thing I would be worried about are the engravings on the back. do you have them? I heard they corrected on the lot

Reactions: dk0243

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
looks fine to me if you compare with the other picture you posted maybe the lighting issue . the only thing I would be worried about are the engravings on the back. do you have them? I heard they corrected on the lot

I rejected it. Looking at pics of other people's on this forum I didn't see the same issues.

slopez4

Horology Curious
31/10/17
The fact its missing the "swiss made" is a hard no for me. Also, as Rainbowkin stated the datewheel is off. How about the clasp? Any misalignment issues?

Last edited:

Scottymagic

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
14/3/18
The fact its missing the "swiss made" is a hard no for me. Also, as Rainbowkin stated the datewheel is off. How about the clap? Any misalignment issues?

You do realise all 3k's miss the swiss made?

slopez4

Horology Curious
31/10/17
You do realise all 3k's miss the swiss made?

of course i do. such a shame that its such a nice dial but they used the pre 09 model. I mean i guess to each their own. But for me i would totally want it to include the swiss made to make it look even more the part of a newer 5167

Reactions: Scottymagic

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
of course i do. such a shame that its such a nice dial but they used the pre 09 model. I mean i guess to each their own. But for me i would totally want it to include the swiss made to make it look even more the part of a newer 5167

It's true, I would be ashamed to be seen in public with a pre 09 gen aquanaut when everyone around owns the newer version

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles

Ahhh, but the guy who bought the 5167 in 2008 for 10k before it was a hype watch for 30k+ in 2018 is the real winner.

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles

You were right... they sent me better pics; what I saw was bad lighting.

Attached pics of the clasp. I gave Puretime the go ahead to send this... I'll probably buy a gen dial and date wheel etc and mod this guy,

Reactions: bunny123

dk0243

Banned
24/1/20
Los Angeles
Received a few days ago. I'm very impressed. I'm new to the rep world but have been buying gens for a decade. It's getting harder and harder to justify buying gen in stainless steel after experiencing some of these reps.

also got the ap 15202, 5711 and openworked tourbillon. Trying to figure what next? Any reccs?