• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Inside the 3k clone 324 movement

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Not too sure if anyone else has opened one of these up but my watchmaker steve just got one and he was dying to take it apart. From what he says, its a very well made movement. Apparently as good if not better than the a4130 from noob. Has pearlage on both sides of the bridge which is a nice touch. Hopefully this is reassuring for anyone doubting the reliability of the movement. If you have any questions about it let me know and ill see if he has any answers.

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Thanks for the info!
Does he thinks that the parts are interchangeable with gen ones?
Especially the balance, balance bridge and barrel bridge.

Reactions: jm_brc_7057

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
According to steve:
I would say train wheel keyless and motion works yes, autoworks yes, escapement is a grey area to me

i remember when i was looking at these when they came out, something around the pallet area looked different but im not 100% what. Probably the pallet bridge

Also the stem is made from “shitty chinese metal” and could be a problem to replace if it goes.

Last edited:

Riverwind85

26/4/18
Thanks for the reply and for the post again.
I have all of my 3kf 324 at [mention]slaughterer62 [/mention] bench.
We’ll see.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Thanks for the reply and for the post again.
I have all of my 3kf 324 at [mention]slaughterer62 [/mention] bench.
We’ll see.

Nice! Will be good to see another watch makers opinion of the movement :)

ChronoNoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/20
What were Steve's thoughts on the 4130 from Noob? Did he have any recommendations on how to improve the longevity of the 4130 like avoiding certain things? The chrono would be much more complex so maybe if everything else was about the same level in terms of quality of materials and finishing, maybe the 324 pulls ahead just on simplicity alone. Thanks for the thread!

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
What were Steve's thoughts on the 4130 from Noob? Did he have any recommendations on how to improve the longevity of the 4130 like avoiding certain things? The chrono would be much more complex so maybe if everything else was about the same level in terms of quality of materials and finishing, maybe the 324 pulls ahead just on simplicity alone. Thanks for the thread!

He loves the 4130 clone. He didn’t mention anything in particular but same as most thing that come from china, a service when you get it should extend the life of a movement considerably. There are less parts to break in the 324 so in theory it should be more reliable but no one really uses chrono’s for anything other than a quick test when you get a new watch anyway.

Reactions: ChronoNoob

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Thanks for sharing, the 4130 I think had dropped in quality over time. I have four of them, the latest edition stopped working in 3 days after I tried running the chrono for a few minutes. This was due to rust on the pallet, lucky it was surface so it was removed and the watch was running again after a service.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

ChronoNoob

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/6/20
Thanks for sharing, the 4130 I think had dropped in quality over time. I have four of them, the latest edition stopped working in 3 days after I tried running the chrono for a few minutes. This was due to rust on the pallet, lucky it was surface so it was removed and the watch was running again after a service.

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

I've been reading this as well. Maybe some of the tooling used to produce certain components are starting to wear out a bit. I just bought a Noob V3 from JTime. Will see how that movement holds up but many Australian watchmakers are really expensive and I've been fleeced by some who did a "service" to working movements by leaving them on their desks for two weeks and saying it's all done. Their 1 year guarantee is basically a gamble on their part. Hard to find someone who will work on reps and honest enough to really give a new movement a proper overhaul.

Reactions: SHB

Tig990

Known Member
6/5/19
As someone who's not fully sold on the design of the Nautilus, if a V2 of this were to come out with engraving on the movement and a more accurate blue dial color, I'd buy it on the spot.

Reactions: terunovo

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Who is Steve though? A modder here?

Hes a watch maker. Im trying to get him to become an sv here but its not exactly simple. Its a shame because hes the only person ive ever met willing to service rep (or gen) tourbillons. Great guy though, pretty sure a few people on here use him.

jcguo0516

4/12/18
Hes a watch maker. Im trying to get him to become an sv here but its not exactly simple. Its a shame because hes the only person ive ever met willing to service rep (or gen) tourbillons. Great guy though, pretty sure a few people on here use him.

you really should convince him to join the forum or at least become a trust watchsmith on here, i believe there is a huge demand for his business

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
you really should convince him to join the forum or at least become a trust watchsmith on here, i believe there is a huge demand for his business

Ive got him to join the forum but having the time to get to know how to work it is a whole other story. Ive just been giving his phone number to who ever needs work doing. Much easier to talk via whatsapp or on a phone call.

Keylog74

Put Some Respect On My Name
14/6/13
Ive got him to join the forum but having the time to get to know how to work it is a whole other story. Ive just been giving his phone number to who ever needs work doing. Much easier to talk via whatsapp or on a phone call.

Where is he based?

botsyboy

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
1/9/09
U.K.
Just got mine when you said UK!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Definitely got my attention

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well if you need anything serviced or modded, send me a pm and ill send you his number. He’s been building a tourbillon minute repeater from a roger dubuis rep tourby and a dubois depraz minute repeater module which is a great little project! I wish i had those kind of skills...