• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

V9F made a Nautilus 5726 rep

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
Pics from kobe24. Doesn't look bad - the biggest issue I have with it is the crystal over the date disc, and how deep the date disc is.... Very cool nonetheless.

Notes from him:
1. The true moon phase, and the 5-point button can be adjusted quickly;
2. All functions are true to the version;
3. The moon phase disc is sandblasted, non-glossy, synchronous original ;
4, identical thickness dimensions: 40.5 * 11.3;
5, the strap particles more rounded curvature, not a diamond;

vP2E2.jpg

vPhrt.jpg

vPL3E.jpg

vPDci.jpg

vPjib.jpg

vPKLF.jpg

vPzCp.jpg

vP3S5.jpg

Last edited:

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
It's actually SLIMMER than the gen (11.3mm)

majwilliams0308

Reptime Mod
Patron
Certified
11/7/16
I wonder if its possible to raise the date disc and remove the crystal so it at least sits a bit higher? That's the big issue I have. The day and month font looks really good.

Edit: KJ2020 would you know if this type of mod is possible?

Last edited:
Reactions: molivio

andyc

Nitimur in vetitum
Certified
4/6/10
I'd like to see more of this - is it on any TD websites yet?

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I have done pretty extensive research on the sunken date disc issue - Godfather and many others have asked around for years and had no success. To my knowledge we will most likely need a customized date/month module or movement - it can certainly be done, but indeed it is a risky goal for any factory. However, the glass over the date can be easily removed.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
This looks pretty good, wow. Can’t wait to see more of this. Was pricing discussed at all? I checked the usual TD sites but haven’t seen this listed yet. I think simply removing the date window glass would be a nice improvement regardless that it’s still a bit deep.

Also, curious if it’s using the 324 cal clone movement as the 5726 is based off it in the gen. But I will be ordering this as soon as it is available

Last edited:

rek00001

24/4/13
I love this watch (so much that I ordered a shite version from DhGate that never got delivered, serves me right!)

Anyways to make myself feel better I'm going to order this when available.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠

Here’s a side by side dial comparison from Kobe’s pictures compared to a gen. Glass date window is a tell but as Rainbowkin mentions it should be an easy fix. To me the sunken date doesn’t look too obvious from the initial pictures. The bezel looks very comparable in size and on the curved finishing. The crown is maybe slightly more stuck out versus the gen but not as noticeable as on the 5711’s. The Patek Philippe letters are not as closely aligned with the day and month window as it’s slightly higher but it’s not obvious. The date windows seem to be silver and black in the gen so that looks correct to me but someone please correct me if I’m wrong on that portion.

Regardless, I’m thrilled to order this and feel as if it’s a huge step forward in the community

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
This for me is a deal breaker, unfortunately. thanks for the comparison!

I totally understand. It’s more obvious after looking at side by side comparison. And after seeing it with my eyes, it’s more and more obvious every time I look at the rep. A shame because other than that it’s a pretty solid replication.

I still plan to wait for more pictures but it might be something to wait for the second or third version to fix the day month alignment unfortunately.

Last edited:

Rainbowkin

Renowned Member
15/4/20
Geneve, China
I totally understand. It’s quite obvious after looking at side by side comparison. And after seeing it with my eyes, it’s more and more obvious every time I look at the rep. A shame because other than that it’s a pretty solid replication.

I still plan to wait for more pictures but it might be something to wait for the second or third version to fix the day month alignment unfortunately.

Also the border on the markers and hands look kinda thinner than the gen, but that's a common issue found on many factories' Natilus. The dial grooves width and depth are both questionable

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
Also the border on the markers and hands look kinda thinner than the gen, but that's a common issue found on many factories' Natilus. The dial grooves width and depth are both questionable

Agree’d, hands outline does look slightly thinner. Hour hand doesn’t seem 100% rounded either on the right side of the tip. Dial grooves don’t seem as deep as the gen. It looks deeper in the macro shot of the dial but I guess it could be the comparison of the photos I used as well

12 o’clock markers are slightly misaligned and not flush next to each other. The left marker at 12 is slightly crooked

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
these sunken dates driveme crazy. The watches suffering from it are amazing reps , but that's just a blatant tell. The PP being higher not ideal but again NOT an instant tell to 99% unlike the dW.
Dying to see what it looks like to the lucky buyer who removes the nonsensical glass and how it compares then.

LebronXiJames

3/11/19
Texas 🤠
these sunken dates driveme crazy. The watches suffering from it are amazing reps , but that's just a blatant tell. The PP being higher not ideal but again NOT an instant tell to 99% unlike the dW.
Dying to see what it looks like to the lucky buyer who removes the nonsensical glass and how it compares then.

There are some flaws people can live with and there are others that are deal breakers. Once you see one with your eyes it’s tough to not see the issue every time you look at the watch.

Assume you are calling me out, that’s fine feel free to @ me next time. But it looks great, case and size is comparable to the gen with same gen functions. By all means it’s a great watch that has a issues with the dial. Some people can live with that some people can’t. To each their own

I’m still going to buy the white dial once released at TT and will try to do a better comparison for you. I hope it lives up to your expectations ;)

Last edited:

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
Not calling you out, just frustrated as there are a few pp models I want and they all suffer from the same issue